Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pit fighters warband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

Pit fighters warband Empty
PostSubject: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011 - 18:56

Anyone here play the pit fighters warband?

Have any tips or tricks?

They seem like a pretty beastly band.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011 - 19:19

Pursuers will let you contain hordes by blocking charge routes. Javelins are better than you would expect and bucklers will help them keep alive when they are charged. I like Undead style myself, at least for my heroes. The key to winning is to seperate your enemies and then pounce on clumps of them. If you can get them inside ruins or a building you are easily going to beat most foes. But you are what I have found to be one of the hardest to play warbands in the game early on.

I never got an Ogre when I played. Never got to play them long enough to save up that kind of cash. Weapon Master is a good skill to take so you can get any kind of weapon combo you want.
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 15:06

Does anyone know what the rarity / cost of a spiked gauntlet is? the warband rules do not say
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 17:31

I believe for Pit Fighters the styles are Common, least that's always how I played. The cost I think was 15 gc if you take the undead package and subtract the costs of the sword and helmet.
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 18:14

gotcha thanks!
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011 - 5:28

I've played Pit Fighters and love them. But, I do like hand to hand warbands more than shooty ones.

They are very restrictive on weapon choices but I just use some of each style for heroes and henchmen. I do lean heavy on Pursuers for the henchmen.

Recommendation #1:

Hire an ogre in your staring set-up.

You want him to get experience advances as fast as possible.

You also want him to get Lad's Got Talent. That can't happen if you don't hire him!

Recommendation #2

Do what BalrogTheBuff says about Pursuers and the divide and conquer thing. That last part goes for most any warband too.

And I really don't understand your question about the cost and rarity of the Spiked Gauntlet.

It is very plain in the warband list. Except for the Undead style that comes with one, only the Dwarf and Ogre can have them and they are 15gc. There is nothing in their equipment list that is rare.
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 16:18

I just didnt want to assume they werent rare and was looking for someplace that said specifically.

Well I have played 2 games with them already (didnt get a orge yet mainly cuz of money I would have 5 people in my band.)

The first game was a freebie cuz we played treasure hunt and my friend found the treasure in a building on his edge on his first turn so he won.

The next game I won (against dark elves). My Pit King was a beast taking out two people on his own.

I got a LGT for that one also so now im up to 5 heroes. I am in the process of saving for an ogre.

I like the pursuers. Their special rule saved me from getting charged by half his team so I had a round to take some people out before he got everyone in the fight.

Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 19:36

Pit Fighters are a blast!
I finally got my Ogre to get the talent the lad needed, and along with a hired sword Ogre Bodyguard the warband kicks ass in hand to hand..
Lacks the shooting of course, but we play with lots of buildings/cover so it's not that big a deal Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit fighters warband   Pit fighters warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit fighters warband
Page 1 of 1