Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Empty
PostSubject: Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband   Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009 - 21:50

In the middle of page 34 of Town Cryer 14, the following language appears:

"Your Warband must include a minimum of 3 models. You have 500 Gold Crowns that you can use to recruit your initial Warband. The maximum number of warriors in the Warband is 15, though some buildings in the Warband's encampment may increase this."

Now my question is, what exactly does the reference to the Warband's encampment refer to? I have not seen a statement like this in any other warband list. The encampment series of articles as I understand them appeared at the very end of the Town Cryer's life, the first article running in Town Cryer 28. If I recall, Town Cryer was published bimonthely, so there is about a two year window between TC 14 and TC 28. Did the encampment rules take this long to develop? Or, where some other rules about to be published, and then get scrapped, sometime after the Pit Fighters Warband was published?

To summarize, does anyone know the history of this statement?

Thanks,
Eric
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband   Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009 - 22:00

There are encampment rules available that may increase your warband size, they spoke prematurely. The encampment rules had actually been around for quite some time but it took them 2 years to put them in a TC.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband   Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009 - 23:54

Da Bank wrote:
There are encampment rules available that may increase your warband size, they spoke prematurely. The encampment rules had actually been around for quite some time but it took them 2 years to put them in a TC.

Is this the first reference to the encampment rules published by GW? I find it curious that GW put the reference into a TC without at least having some idea when the encampment rules would be released. Perhaps it was an editing mistake?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband   Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009 - 0:52

Yes and no as they are both one and the same. No doubt they had planeed to releash but got sidetracked.

It is an editing mistake due to the TC issues in between the PF and Encampment rules. The Encampments were published on a website that I can not remember but they have been around since 2001. Those encampment rules from that website match identically to the ones published in the Town Cryer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband   Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language in TC 14 and the pit fighters warband
Page 1 of 1