Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics

Go down 
+8
DeafNala
Ezekiel
Eliazar
mrtn
FKSN
Soulblight
folketsfiende
Tintin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jul 2011 - 3:07

Hear ye... ojez... ojez!

Come all, come singular, to witness the fair Milady Winters arriwal in Eisende port, she is sure to bring glamour and festivitas!!!

Brave soldiers, adventurers and gentlemen of fortune, all are sought after in the little fishing town of Eisende, since the arriwal of Milady Winter ship will not only bring wealth and fancy merchandise, it will allso bring chaos and mayhem, violence and battle.
It is rumoured that the fair Lady Winter, captain of the Winters Revenge are here for just that... revenge, on the smugglers of the northen coast. It is whispered that they are gathering in taverns around in the small villages, trying to muster as many bands of soldiers as they can, and they are paying well!

We will have a campaign, starting on noon Friday 29/7 and will continue until the evening on Sunday 31/7. We will set up as many tables as we can, and try to continue to run games simulaniously on all of them, so that no one have to wait (unless they feel like it of course), the tought is that there should be enough terrain to keep all busy. The rules for the campaign are still under discussion, and will be announced later on.
So far most of the various warbands are allowed... as long as they fit in to current date northen coastal Empire. WIth that in mind, no lizardmen and the like. Please try to keep the warbands in the spirit of the warhammer lore. Other than that, we are rather liberal. Only painted and based figures please. I will clarify one thing, our campaing is using the mordheim rules, but we are gaming in the current era of the warhammer world, lets say 2513-2525 or so (ye ye, I know, but I am still stuck in Warhammer RPG first edition :-P).

We will game during the days and then BBQ in our garden in the evenings. Plenty of shops and resturants around where I live (Södermalm in Stockholm, Sweden). By the way, if you like, I am sure we could start on Thursday, let me know if you want to do that.
We have rented the spare appartment (in our house) and will set up tables there. It will also serve as sleeping area for the guys from Gävle. A few guys will sleep in my appartment, where we will also set up tables if needed ( think it will be).
We have run out of sleeping area very fast, but have a few spaces left in the spare appartment. First come and all that, but it will go to far away / out of town guests first hand (as allways).

Please let me know here, and send a PM... or a mail or call me! Very Happy

My contact information:

Sonny Jeschko
Högalidsgatan 32c
11730 Stockholm, Sweden

Cellphone: +46 (0)734401774
Mail: gallands AT gmail.com

Last edited by Tintin on Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 1:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jul 2011 - 20:04

You know my Middenheimers will show up - four archers painted since we played... I don't have a clue about this timeline stuff though, so please let me know if it has any bearing on my warband.

Last edited by folketsfiende on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 16:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jul 2011 - 20:09

Hehe, I am looking forward to be seeing your Middenheimers. I am sure they will be just fine. We are not restricting the warbands all that much, just keep them warhammerish and you will be fine. That said, we allow non-GW models, as you know, but they got to be, as allready mentioned, warhammer compatible in looks and style.
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 10:57

Great initiative!!

I hope theres gonna be ALOT of pictures, battle reports and fluffiness!! Why not making a novel of it?
You got an great introduction right there and it seems that you can write! So i implore you to make an central figure and write!!

Sadly i cant join due to im both under-leveled and under-geared to take on the bad ass end boss that i happens to live with.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 15:57

Hehe Soulblight, thank you for the suggestion, but I am not all that sure that I would posess the necesary skills, or patience for that matter, to write a novel.
However, where do you live in our fair lands of Sweden? We are, as you might have guessed, a gang living in Stockholm. Well, two gangs now actually since we just hooked up with Folkets Fiende and his band of brothers.

Its a pity to hear that you cant attend, but you are allways welcome to some of our other events in the future.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 16:19

...four more marksmen painted, and work begun on a hired sword...
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 18:30

Oh man, you are fast! *filled with envy*
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 20:08

Well, i kinda live in the opposite direction. 2 mil south of Malmö. 6 hours drive to your guys. Seems like Stockholm is the place where the shit is happening!

But, seein as I got 15-ish Marienburgers, 4 hired swords and a undead warband coming along on my workbench i suppose i could see if a trip isnt worth the time....
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 20:45

Soulblight wrote:
Well, i kinda live in the opposite direction. 2 mil south of Malmö. 6 hours drive to your guys. Seems like Stockholm is the place where the shit is happening!

But, seein as I got 15-ish Marienburgers, 4 hired swords and a undead warband coming along on my workbench i suppose i could see if a trip isnt worth the time....

Heja Skåne... I am from Lund my self Very Happy

Well, I think that Stockholm is so so, loads of players, but... but they sit in their own little gang and dont get organized. Its rather hard to get a club going, but we have sucseeded, so far I might add, but we are slowly growing, slowly getting our agenda filled with gaming and other meetings, wich is super, as far as I am conserned.
We would love to see you up here, and as mentioned earlier, there is space available for sleeping for people like you, that travel far!

*waves hand at your girlfriend... this is NOT the boyfriend you need this weekend... you need to let him go to Stockholm...*
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 22:13

I'll be there. Would be fun to have a new warband finished til then..
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 22:42

I'd like to attend, though as I told you there's a birthday party that clash on the Saturday, maybe it's possible to arrange for both... Or maybe just leave WO on a game or two.
I'd probably take my beastmen, haven't played Mordheim with them in a while, and having to start a new warband for the weekend folketsfiende wouldn't need to be as scared of my monsters compared to my old warband. Wink "You see those tiny ungors? They're WS4, S4, A2. Now guess the stats of my bestigors. Very Happy"
I have a fair number of alternative models for them as well, with a 3700+ point WFB army to choose from. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 0:38

Damn, sounds like a great weekend, too bad I gotta write exams during that time... But next meeting, I'll join you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 0:46

I'm pretty sure the plan is, everyone starts fresh warbands on day 1 and see where the weekend takes 'em. I heartily approve of this approach.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 2:10

FKSN wrote:
I'm pretty sure the plan is, everyone starts fresh warbands on day 1 and see where the weekend takes 'em. I heartily approve of this approach.

^^ Yes this.

All warbands start fresh, and we will allow playing from Thursday evening I think, depending on when people start to show up. There was a suggestion for this at least, and I would be okay with that.

Okay, so da rulez so far... fresh warbands (bring miniatures for exansion and development), be sensible when choosing warbands, no New World warbands or creatures, when it comes to Cathay, and Araby I suppose, a traveling circus/show/theatre/merchant would be most welcome and expected Very Happy
We will try to stay true to the rulebooks (expansions etc), but can be open for suggestions when it comes to house rules. Feel free to write your suggestions here, or PM or send me a email. The phone is also a valid mean for communications ;-)
The guys from Gävle have rather fast and quick gaming method, and I like that much, and will stand back a bit and listen carefully to their suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 2:14

Eliazar wrote:
Damn, sounds like a great weekend, too bad I gotta write exams during that time... But next meeting, I'll join you Very Happy

Hey Elizar, we would love to host you and any other from Germany (or elsewhere of course)for another weekend like this, and will propably do that in the near future. We will also have organized gaming with a borrowed locale (its a large theatre that we are allowed to use) for this purpose in the later part of autumn or perhaps early winter. Dates to be expected soonish. That event will be open for different games like: Mordheim, WHFB, 40K, LotHS, Cutlass!, Pulp, Dark Future, Spacehulk and a few others.
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2011 - 11:26

Tintin wrote:

We will try to stay true to the rulebooks (expansions etc), but can be open for suggestions when it comes to house rules. Feel free to write your suggestions here, or PM or send me a email.
Our group has a few. Half-price on armour is easy, but must be decided on before start of course, so people can plan for it when they make their warband.

Our Parry rule works well too, and can be discussed before or during the weekend. The problem with the old Parry rule is that it punish warriors with good WS and rewards those with bad WS which is counter-intuitive. Our new rule is that if you parry something the attacker has to reroll a successful "to hit" roll. Very simple.

Also, it should be stated before whether you choose your sorcerer's first spell or if you have to roll for it on the 29th.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2011 - 22:59

Thats the spirit, keep the suggestions coming, I am sure this can only lead to some good outcome in the form of devoloped rules and game play!
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 11:45

Do I understand correctly that it wouldn't impair too much on the gaming if I sneak off to a birthday party on the Saturday evening?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 23:00

Aw man.... I wish I had the money... I would love to attend another meeting, specially now that I got my full gamingspirit back! but Stockholm is not around the corner... nor cheap... but keep us posted for future events, for I would love to attend one out there! - or maybe someone should host a meeting in Germany so all of europe would be equally far away? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011 - 2:24

Hehe, Germany sounds like a good idea. Too bad I'll move to Madrid soon Razz

But Ez, we should definitely check out some other meetings too, now that most people who got to know us together won't come anymore Wink
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 21:25

Middenheimers all done! Got sidetracked for a couple of days painting Sisters of Battle tanks, but now my warband for the weekend is based.

Tintin, since you're the head organizer, maybe you should try to decide any house rules. Also, I hope, like mrtn, that it's alright to skip one or two rounds during saturday (Electrelane are playing that evening, and I really want to catch that concert...).
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011 - 16:07

You are welcome to come and play, eat, drink coffee and what ever you feel like, its more about getting together, have some gaming and socialise! Very Happy

Give me a call if there is anything you are wondering about.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011 - 13:21

Looks like a small gang will show up, I think its about 12-15 persons that have said that they would come and participate or just socialise a bit Smile

Tom's Booring Mordheim Forum and Lead Adventure Club joint venture Very Happy I love this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011 - 13:25

I plan on attending in spirit...this will account for any creepy feelings you may have over the weekend. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011 - 13:33

DeafNala wrote:
I plan on attending in spirit...this will account for any creepy feelings you may have over the weekend. What a Face

HAHA! Very Happy

You are most welcome Mister Deafnala, in flesh or spirit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics   Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge!  - UPDATED Pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Weekend - Madame Winters Revenge! - UPDATED Pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next