Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Empty
PostSubject: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011 - 21:49

Rules for fighting skirmish games in Mega City 1! Totally free with a campaing system, experience and what has so far been a well thought out little book. I've printed it off and will betrying to persuade the rest of my group to give it a go soon. Our current Mordheim campaign finishes soon and after a bit of RPG this looks perfect plus it has the added bonus - it's FREE.

Get it from here

You'll need to create an account but that doesn't cost you anything and there are a few other free bits and pieces on there that aren't bad either.

Anyone got any thoughts whilst I oil up the Lawgiver?
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011 - 22:29

Good Grud man! Are you a Jimp?!
This sounds good, I'll have to take a look. Except foundry who does minis that you could use?
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011 - 22:58

I just skimmed through it, nicely presented and colorfull, I'll need to read through it propperly later bt it looks like it could be a lot of fun with potential t have some characterfull gangs..... full of Mega city flavour. I love it allready!!
Need another player?
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011 - 23:15

Mongoose (the publisher) does some minis and you can order direct from their website. I'm going to use my Orlock gang as a street gang and there are plenty of random sci-fi minis out there. Some of the old 1st edition rogue trader stuff would be ideal.

Found a few patches in the rulebook that are hard going - I think one of the weapon speical rules had it's name changed at some stage and was never spotted but as its free I shan't whinge.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 20:05

Sad
No roster sheets either.
Foundry do lots of non 2000AD stuff from the street violence range that would work nicely too.
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 22:23

I've knocked up a roster sheet using Excel which didn't take too long - 3 gang members to a side of A4 as a starting gang came out at 5 models for me. I'lll try and share it at some stage.

I've noticed a files option in my tabeltop geeks control panel - anyone know if I can host it there?
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 22:43

Just put a pdf of my roster up -

http://www.filedropper.com/judgedreddrosterblank
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:28

Just downloaded the rules, although I haven't yet read them.

If you're willing to sacrifice some quality for cheap minis, Wizkids made several Judge Dread Heroclix figures. They'll come with hideous paint jobs, and obscene amounts of it globbed on, but you can strip them down and they're actually surprisingly detailed underneath - a good paint job and they can look pretty decent.

There are more than enough alternatives from other manufacturers for various street gang types, but if you want judges cheaper than Foundry's theirs are the only option I'm aware of without converting your own.
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitimeTue 9 Aug 2011 - 8:41

Mongoose are making a range of minis - check their website although they are quite pricey. I'm using some Necormunda ones, some Urban War militia I picked up cheap and a few othe random minis. The rulebook has been updated since I started this topic addressing lots of issues and introducing the angel gang amongst other things! Keep an eye on their forums to find about updates.

Sadly the casting one the Mongoose minis isn't too great as my faiit required a fair amount of work before painting -

Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Fattie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd   Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free skirmish game - Judge Dredd
Page 1 of 1