Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Shooting into melee and multiple players

Go down 
+2
smokezombie
Drayven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Shooting into melee and multiple players Empty
PostSubject: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 17:02

Played my first 4 player Mordheim match the other night, we were playing Monster Hunt. As we were playing a situation came up that I thought was a little odd. My Elven ranger was on a tower and had a clear view of a Skaven/Possessed melee combat. The problem is that per the rules you can't shoot into close combat. Normally this makes sense because you don't want to hit your own warband, but in this case I didn't really care who I hit Razz So this got me wondering, how do the rest of you think this situation should be handled. Just suck it up and go with the rules or make a house rule? If you make a house rule do you go a step further and give you a +1 to hit since your target is now at least twice as big?
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 18:04

Page 2 of chaos on the streets covers this
http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/scenarios/ChaosOnTheStreets.pdf
No bonus to hit but it's still fun to shoot into other peoples combat haha!
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 18:50

We play that if you shoot into a melee that you roll a D6 to randomly determine who you hit, you always double any changes of hitting a large modle. So if there are 2 models of normal size then 1-3 would hit one, 4-6 the other.

If you had a Large and a Small then 1-2, the smalle 4-6 the large. It can get a little complicated when you get one than 3 models into melee.
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 19:02

Well how about that, thanks
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 19:05

What's interesting is that if I'm reading the rules right, when in an elevated position you want to shoot the farther target to increase your chances to hit the closer one. What I mean is, let's say I see a Skaven and a Goblin fighting. The Skaven is the closer target but I'm in an elevated position so I can pick targets. If I actually want to shoot the Skaven I'm better off targeting the Goblin. If I target the Goblin then the Skaven character would become it's cover, meaning if I miss by 1 then I hit the Skaven. If I land the shot it's still a 50/50 chance to hit either one. Is that correct?
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 19:55

I play (not sure if it a house rule or an interpretation) that the melee as a whole counts as a single target. And the shot is randomized between all in the melee.
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 20:02

Good ruling, Balrog.
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 23:17

That sounds like a fair rule, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Schoel
Knight
Knight
Schoel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 15:00

We play that you have to randomize the hit. A roll for each model in the close combat, +1 for large targets, -1 for any models knocked down or stunned. Highest roll gets the hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting into melee and multiple players   Shooting into melee and multiple players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting into melee and multiple players
Page 1 of 1