Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

Trading Reputation : 0

2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Empty
PostSubject: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 0:19

Hey guys, we were having some confusion over at the Reddit Mordheim board and wanted to clear some things up on how many attacks a person would get with 2 Melee weapons and a Brace of Pistols. Would this example be correct?

"Correct. Let's say our Witch Hunter with 3 attacks has a sword, a mace, and a brace of pistols. In the first round of combat, he'd get 3 attacks with his mace, 1 with his sword (for being his offhand weapon), and 2 pistol attacks (using his WS since its close combat). If you need to think of it visually, he starts out the combat with a pistol in each hand, fires them at the enemy coming at him, then drops the pistols and draws his other weapons as they close in on each other."

In the 2nd round of combat, obviously he wouldn't get his +2 Attacks with the Pistols. Is this correct?

Here is a link to the thread;
http://www.reddit.com/r/mordheim/comments/1uekud/fighting_with_two_pistolsother_weapons/
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 0:51

No. This is not correct.

If the witch hunter uses his pistols in the first round he has one attack from each pistol, which gives him 2 attacks as he is holding a pistol in each of his hands.

He may then switch weapons by drawing his sword and mace in the second round and make 3 attacks with one and one attack with the other.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 9:35

I thought you weren't allowed to switch weapons in combat?

My understanding is:
As you enter combat you may choose:
To fire your pistols (provided they haven't fired the previous turn) using your WS to hit. The following round they count as clubs (you turn them over and bash heads with the heavy hilt.) giving you your regular number of attacks, in this case 3+1
or:
You fire one of your pistols using your WS (leaving the other loaded, or you've fired the previous turn) and use your regular weapon to gain your 3 attacks normally. The following turn you still have your regular weapon and the pistol now counts as a club - 3+1 attacks
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 9:41

Nope I was wrong and Kurst is correct. The whole weapons you can switch in combat are the ones with a Special Rule that allows you to do so. So you could either;

A) 2 Attacks with the Pistols using WS (First round only, otherwise you need to switch it out)
B) Main attacks with Hand Weapon and 1 Attack with Pistol
C) Normal set of attacks with other weapons, can't use Pistols until out of combat.

I believe this is correct, I don't know anything about the Pistol as a club thing however.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 15:00

Ezekeil my friend you need to read your rulebook every now and then.  Smile  I often find it a shock.  affraid 
@ntdars--The pistols as clubs is a common house rule. Like Ezekeil, I didn't really know it was a house rule until I looked up the rules for pistols one day, years after I started playing Mordheim. (That's how pistols worked in Warhammer Fantasy Battle 4th and 5th edition.) We still play that way, but now I'm aware its a house rule so I can occasionally remember to warn new players to our group.

I spent a few minutes last night looking up all the FAQs RationalLemming has collected and reading the rulebook and I totally understand why you might come to the conclusions in the original post. (Insert usual rant about GW rules & FAQs scratch  )
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 15:07

Holy crap, never knew we played that as a house rule Smile time to switch up more weapons Smile
Back to top Go down
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 16:54

Far out. So this is the "official" way correct?

A) 2 Attacks with the Pistols using WS (First round only, otherwise you need to switch it out)
B) Main attacks with Hand Weapon and 1 Attack with Pistol
C) Normal set of attacks with other weapons, can't use Pistols until out of combat.

I dunno how I feel about a Pistol counting a club Razz
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 17:10

It's how they were made, usually with a rather heavy end wit a sharp spike on that. bash that onto a head and you're sure he'll pass out for a bit Smile

2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Pistol-US-1819-52372d

Back to top Go down
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 18:45

Fair enough, I think the butt alone would do some crazy damage to someones skull lol.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jan 2014 - 0:08

The only place I ever saw the "Pistols as Clubs", was writen for the Dwarf Pirate. Which had 6 pistols and could use them as clubs. But off hand, I can't remember how official he is. Other than that, there is no official rules allowing to use a pistol as a club.

Book Quote under pistols:
Hand-to-hand: Pistols can be used in hand-to-hand combat as well as for shooting. A model armed with a pistol and another close combat weapon gains +1 Attack, which is resolved at Strength 4 with a -2 save modifier. This bonus attack can be used only once per combat. If you are firing a
brace of pistols, your model can fight with 2 Attacks in the first turn of close combat. These attacks are resolved with a model’s Weapon Skill like any normal close combat attack and likewise may be parried. Successful hits are resolved at Strength 4 and with a -2 save modifier, regardless
of the firer’s Strength.

How I believe this reads is you can use a pistol in the frist round of HtH, then drop it and pull a sword or second pistol in the second round. Or if you have a brace of pistols, you can use them both in the first round, then drop them and pull other weapons for the sencond round.

I have read somewhere, that you can't switch weapons in HtH, but I believe its refering to switching from sword and Dagger to 2-handed hammer. I'm still looking through the books, but having trouble finding it at this time.
Back to top Go down
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jan 2014 - 2:55

Right here in the Errata from the GW page;

"Q:
Can weapons be swapped during a combat?

A:
No, with the exceptions of pistols and lances which may be exchanged for a different weapon after their first turn special attack."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols   2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Melee Weapons + Brace of Pistols
Page 1 of 1