Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Go down 
+4
Mike
Eliazar
Louis
Nastyogre
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011 - 19:53

I've been looking at these. They are really impressive. Anybody have any experience with these? I know they are for 28 mm scale. But for characters I think it will be ok that hey are a bit big.
But if anybody has any experience and can show a comparison of size to regular Mordheim and GW figures I would very much appreciate it.

Like to their website
http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=28

Back to top Go down
Louis
Captain
Captain
Louis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011 - 23:09

I have the war priest, and he is very nice. One of my friends have the dwarf models, and another has the dark elf prince and queen. They fit more or less with GW sizes, only they tend to be a bit taller than GW models. It's especialy significant with the dwarf models. The AoW dwarfs are allmost as tall as GW humans.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 0:50

I've got the Dark Elf sorceress and she fits right in with the Dark Elves. When I'm back home tomorrow, I'll see if I can take a picture.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 7:44

I have the orc warlord for a new warband I am working up. He is huge! Not too bad for orcs but glad to know dwaves are so much taller. Orcs & Goblins are going to be one of my sons warbands so we look forward to watching him try to hide from our ranged attacks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 22:57

The beastman hero from AoW will be leading my Beastman warband.... eventually. He's big and mean, just like a True Gor should be.
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 23:41

These sound awesome. The scale on the dwarfs concerns me, but hell if they are good looking, ok great looking figures, I don't care.
Lessee...
Dwarf Berserker, Dwarf Thunderlord (or whatever they are calling the dude with the guns) Dwarf Lord,
Witch Hunter...

$60 or so for 4 guys... ugh. Great figs though.

Anybody wanna buy some Ogryn? I only have a dozen...
I'll post some trade pit stuff.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 0:04

Since you gave you prices in $s, I'm assuming your in the U.S.; if that's the case, check out The War Store...they have Avatars of War at $13.99:
http://www.thewarstore.com/AOW.html
It's only a few $s savings, but every little bit counts these days What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zero88
Youngblood
Youngblood
Zero88

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011 - 23:20

I have both the dwarf thunder lord and bor dragonbane, I am going to use the thuderlord as a thunderer and bor as a slayer but compared to the dwarf treasure hunter warband there's a bit of a difference.
I also am using one of the drunken dwarfs as a crossbowman and compared to him they look human size, when i finish my warband i'll post pics and you can see the difference.
Also for anyone who wants to buy Bor dragonbane he is annoying to put together because his mohawk isnt attached to him and it dosnt really fit that well so you need to green stuff it to make it fit to his head properly. Awesome slayer mini though Smile
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011 - 0:19

I actually like the regular berserker figure better than Bor.
Yes I've been out to the War store. I saw they discounted a few bucks. I was just rounding.

I'm ok with the dwarf heroes being larger than life... they are well. Heroes.
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 22:32

I have the orc shaman and chaos champion, orc seems normal sized, champ maybe a LITTLE bit larger and they both look amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatars of War firgures   Avatars of War firgures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1