Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Estalian Sun

Go down 
+5
Horatius
DeafNala
Eliazar
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 2:45

Lost in the Bogs
The Arabyans encounter infidel Bretonnians

Estalian Sun - Page 2 1207930191wGZGYl

When the first pistol shot rang out Haroum knew they were in trouble. Then Atta Khan fell with a scream. Haroum moved quickly through the freezing water toward a submerged tree. He glanced toward the low hill on his left. Atta's body lay crumpled on the white snow of the summit. The soldier had been their sentry. He had paid the price for his failure to warn them of this attack.

Haroum strung his bow and reached for an arrow as he searched the tree line for a target. The bog gave way to forest and higher ground. Haroum could see several men emerging from the thickets to the east. He raised his bow for a shot, but before he could loose his arrow something struck him a wicked blow to the head. The Rais fell back from the tree into the tepid waters of the bog.

Post Battle
The Arabyans fled at the first opportunity. Haroum was stunned, Atta Kahn was dead and Achmed was facing an entire band of Bretonnian pirates by himself for at least another turn. Fortunately the Faithful were able to find the nearby town they had learned of. A blunderbuss is procured along with other weapons and armor.

The Bretonnians suffered no casualties. They added another crossbowman to the crew.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Treesentinal

The cold rain fell steadily as they marched through the wood. There was little snow left, but the ground was slippery with mud and fallen leaves. The storm clouds were low and dark. The hour was not far past noon, but between the clouds and the interlocked branches of the forest the men of the desert had not seen the sun.

All of them were wet and miserable. Then they heard the distant howl. Everyone stopped and listened.

"It came from the north," Akbar bin Ussef said. "From beyond the crag there."

"Was that a wolf?" asked Almah the merchant.

No one answered. But without orders the line contracted away from the howl toward Haroum who stood at its center.

A rocky prominence loomed over the trees to their right. The dark rocks were slick with rain. Dirty snow still lay in the deep cracks between the boulders. The Faithful gripped their weapons tighter and advanced to the west.

Suddenly, a mournful howl sounded form the trees to the south.

"Tis closer," muttered Atebeg.

"There are at least two," Haroum said. "Let us seek shelter in the rocks, perhaps there is a cave."

The Faithful moved carefully toward the looming crag. As they crossed a muddy clearing a huge nightmare shape rushed from the woods and attacked Rashid. The warrior was overwhelmed before he could even strike back. Then the beast was among them.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Werewolfml-237x300

Post Battle
The Arabyans fled at the first opportunity (again). Three warriors were OOA and another was stunned. The Bretonnians were taking pot shots as well.
All of the casualties recovered from their wounds, although I forgot to roll to see if any will suffer from the Things curse...

The Bretonnians suffered no casualties (again)!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2011 - 2:21

Week 3--Sun, what bloody Sun? Winter lingers in Estalia.

Skirmish
The Trulls encounter the Pandemium on a Dark Winter Night

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Winter_battlefieldF

Geshrat tittered with righteous glee. He could smell the man-things' fear. One of the novices had stumbled in the dark and a giant rat had gotten a bit overzealous and tried to attack a sentry. So the females were alerted to his attack, but it was no matter. The females' fire had gone out, the moon was hidden by low clouds and his minions were poised to destroy them!

"Kill-kill!" screamed the Plague Priest. "Attack my minions! Destroy the man-things!"

Oh it was wonderful! His pustulant warriors swarmed forward with precision. The females screamed in terror! Geshrat drew his rusty, pitted sword and contemplated joining in the killing, but wisely decided to observe and extort his underlings from the rear.

"That one," Geshrat ordered, gesturing toward a stalwart human warrior. "Pull it down! Stab-stab it with many blades!"

Skebble the Censor Bearer rushed toward a female swinging his censor as he chanted litanies to the Horned Rat. The fool must have used too much warpstone. As he made his attack he was overcome by the fumes and toppled to the ground beside his victim. Geshrat gnawed at his own tail in frustration. The females' screams did not sound terrified, they sounded defiant. The cowardly monks and novices did not press their attacks with vigor. Instead they were backing away from the flashing swords of the humans. Geshrat was sure some of them were shirking, feigning injury. Oh they would pay!

Post Battle
The Pandemium are driven from the field. However, none of the injuries suffered by the Skaven prove fatal. In addition one of the females is captured by the clever Geshrat (or 2 of his novices). Clan Skarr pays well for the captive and the ranks of the Pandemium swell.

The Trulls suffer for their resolve. 2 Henchwomen die and Allegria de Trovatelli, a Youngblood, is captured.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Trees_and_fog

Al Bobo peered into the mist. He could hear something out there. But the cursed infidel fog played tricks with sound. The Rais had explained this. The Djinn of this land were very crafty. They sent visions borne on water in the air. If Al Bobo had not seen this for himself he could never have believed. The very clouds came down to the ground. And water! There was water everywhere.

The sound of something splashing through the water came again. Al Bobo drew his scimitar and stepped to the edge of the foul pool in front of him. There was some snow on the ground and the trees around him were cloaked in frost so that they disappeared against the white mist. It was magical like the face of the woman approaching him from the swamp in front of him. The woman wore a cloth on her head, like the good women of his homeland. Al Bobo marveled at her appearance. One moment he was looking at the unbroken white mist and then the demure woman with the icy eyes was there wading toward him through the swamp. The water was up to her knees and stained the garment she wore.

Al Bobo became aware that the woman was armed with a curious hammer thrust through a belt at her waist. He frowned and the woman stopped her advance. Al Bobo began to speak, but the woman's right arm suddenly moved in an arc and something struck him. The sling-stone punched the startled soldier right off his feet.

Post Battle
The Faithful are beset by the Sisters from the east and pirates from the west. Fearful casualties are sustained despite the concealing mist. Ahmad of Siwah is captured by the Bretonnians and a janissary is killed by nuns. The rest of the injured men recovered from their wounds.

The Sisters report the loss of Sister Zelda. Despite her death the nuns are able to replace the fallen Sister Superior.

The Bretonnians are able to force the Sisters to retreat. Despite torture Ahmad refuses to renounce his faith. He is pressed as a swab.

Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2011 - 6:04

Just as a note for this 3-way battle. Playtable's Sisters of Sigmar were the low warband and rolled up player's choice. It was quickly decided to have Von Kirst Lost in the Bogs. Har, har har.
Weather was fowl and foggy. Which means for our group you can see in inches the number on an artillary die until a missfire is rolled and then it gets better some.
Well, it never got better. No missfires.
The vision range averaged out to 6" for most of the game, 10" once and once we could only see 2".
Really messes up any long range plans you might want to make.
Har, har, har.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2011 - 15:20

playtable wrote:
Really messes up any long range plans you might want to make.
Har, har, har.

I can relate...seems like I spend most of my time wandering around in a fog. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011 - 6:11

DeafNala wrote:
I can relate...seems like I spend most of my time wandering around in a fog. Suspect

lol!

Lost in the Bogs III
The Arabyans tire of the Bog

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Moonlight-ireland3

The Arabyans.
Haroum the Wanderer moved cautiously through the dark woods. The wind howled in the tree tops. Scudding clouds obsucred and revealed the moon to cast strange flitting shadows around him. Haroum's scouts had seen the Tileans earlier in the day. Haroum hoped to locate their camp and surprise the infidels. He was certain that the enemy were close, but the forest was thinning. The ground underfoot was half frozen mud. Suddenly a challenge was shouted from ahead.

"Have at them, ye champions of the Faith!" Haroum bellowed.

Haroum rushed towards a moving shadow. A sword glinted in the wan light. Around him in the night battle cries and screams broke the silence. Haroum was aware of Achmed at his side. Before Haroum could strike with his sword, Achmed struck the enemy warrior with his whip. The warrior screamed and fell. More of the enemy could be seen rushing about ahead.

"Forward!" Haroum ordered.

He rushed another swordsman. Achmend cursed and fell headlong behind him, but Haroum knocked the enemy to the ground. More of his soldiers rushed toward their Rais, but there were fewer of them than he expected. Then a wave of warriors struck the Arabyan line and there was no time for thought.

Haroum cut and parried in the darkness. He was able to keep the enemies who sought his blood at bay, but he felt no one at his back. The soldier beside him had fallen with many wounds and there was no sign of Achmed or Atebeg. More Tilean dogs surged toward him. Haroum shoved a dazed enemy swordsman into their path and dived into a nearby swamp.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Skavenwinter
The Skaven
Priest Geshrat howled his joy. His plan was unfolding with characteristic brilliance. The man-things fought among themselves and his brave monks smote them in the back! The cunning Skaven had burst out of the darkness and overwhelmed the sentries they found in their path. Volleys of sling-stones had beat the man-things down in spite of the high winds. Skaven blades were wet with blood. The Horned Rat was sure to be well pleased!

Post Battle
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Attachment
The Arabyans lose 2 more janissaries. However, all the heroes survived and Almah was able to use her contacts to locate a Peddler who sold at a discount. The Faithful acquire a Greatcoat from Sartosa to keep Akbar's powder dry. One janissary is recruited to replace the fallen warriors. (The Arabyans fall from 13 warriors to 11.)

The Tileans suffered no permanent losses, but Allegra Trovatelli (a cousin or sister of the captured youngblood) suffers multiple injuries. Her legs are smashed and broken and she took a Deep Wound. It will be awhile before the Tileans have their full compliment of heroes on the battlefield.

The Pandemium suffered no losses. Loot recovered on the field gains them another giant rat, a Warpstone Amulet and the Scroll of the Rat Familiar.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 2:36

Quote :
Bold info are updates.(Chadwicc)
Heroes
Geshrat, Plague Priest: sword x 2, dagger, sling, LC, warpstone amulet
M5  WS4  BS4  S4  T4  W1  I6 A1  Ld7

Frayd, Pestilens Sorcerer
Estalian Sun - Page 2 ChadsPesiltence02
spear, sword, dagger, LC, sling, scroll of the rat familiarSpell: Sorcerer's Curse
M4  WS3  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Skebble, Plague Monk: censor, dagger, LC     Skills: Black Hunger, Censor Bearer (frenzy)
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Mizzel, Plague Monk: two disease daggers, LC    Skills: Resilient
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A2  Ld6

Zethec, Monk Initiate: sword, club, sling, LC     Skills: Expert Swordsman
M5  WS2  BS3  S2  T2  W2  I4  A1  Ld4

Trellit, Monk Initiate: sword, club, sling
M5  WS2  BS4  S2  T2  W1  I4  A1  Ld4

Henchman
Plague Novice: spear, two daggers, sling
M5  WS3  BS4  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld5

Plague Novice: sword, dagger, sling
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld5

[b]Plague Novice: spear, two daggers, sling
M5  WS3  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld5

3 giant rats

Carrion, rat familiar: giant rat, gains XP, grants one reroll of a spell casting per game if within 6" of sorcerer
M6  WS2  BS0  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld4

Rating 155

Quote :
Arabyan Smugglers warband: The Children of the One

Estalian Sun - Page 2 070102janissaries
Heroes
Haroum the Wonderer, Rais--sword, dagger, bow,helmet. LC.
M4 WS4 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld8

Achmed Al Kuds, Mate--sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC. Skill: Step Aside
M4 WS3 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Atebeg, Mate-- sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC.
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Akbar, Mate--sword, dagger, bow. blunderbuss(!) Greatcoat, LC. Skill: Weapons Master
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Almah, Merchant: sword, dagger. Skills: (Wo)man of the World, Haggle.
M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T3 W2 I3 A1 Ld7

Henchman
Al Bobo, Janissary-- sword, dagger

Omar, Janissary--sword, dagger
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Rashid, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Sher Kahn, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Abu the Monkey Man, warror--sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Mansur the Ghat, warror--sword, dagger.
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld8

Rating 154

Treasury 0 gold.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 4:09

Week 4--Winter's End

Lost in the Bogs IV
Hopefully the last installment in the Bogs series...

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Haunted_forest_ray_chow

The Trulls were trapped in the bogs once more. The battered mercenaries fought free of the (possibly daylight) ambush, although the Sisters of Sigmar claim to have killed at least one of the band.

Once the Trulls had escaped the Skaven and Sigmarites sniped at each other across the bogs. The Skaven's weak morale broke first.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Sister_of_Sigmar_by_AKB8

Post battle
The Trulls are rumored to have lost a hench-person. Neither the Skaven or the Sisters report any losses.
________________________________________________________________________________

Defend the Monolith
A Tale of Chaos

Plague Priest Geshrat capered through the mist before the twisted stone. The long months of trudging through the frozen upper lands had finally paid off. The Horned Rat had recognized his service, his intellect and his obvious worth. With the power of this stone, Geshrat could be INVINCIBLE!

"Honored p-p-Priest," stammered a squeaking voice. "The female man-things have sniff, sniffed us out."

"What?" roared Geshrat. "Kill-kill them! Break their bones!"

Geshrat could hear the females. They chanted some gibberish, but it threatened his wonderful stone. This would not do. He was so close! Geshrat drew his rusted sword and peered into the swirling mist. He would kill them himself!

Post Battle
The Sisters were driven screaming from the horror of the Chaos monolith and its fearsome guardians, the Pandemium!

Quote :

Only 1 henchgirl, Sister Kathrine, died-died. 
One Sister Superior got an eye poked out and my auger now has an old battle wound.

The Pandemium report no losses but the bitter fight left the hapless Skebble with an Old Battle Wound and Sorcerer Frayd was robbed. Priest Geshrat claims the Stone of Regeneration as a reward for protecting the Monolith.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Skaven6

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 3:51; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 5:04

Treasure Hunt
A Desperate Battle in the Ruined City of Muros

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Wip4

Captain Herman de Guzman surveyed the destruction of Muros. The city was unrecognizable. Here and there a structure partially survived, but the strong walls and towers of Muros were gone. In their place was a nightmare landscape of ruin, murder and depravity.

The Free Company had joined the allied armies that had rushed from the south to relieve Muros. The relief force had arrived too late to save the town, but the destruction fanned their desire for revenge. Most of the enemy force had fled before the approaching armies, but some raiders still lurked in the ruin.

In the maze of destroyed streets and buildings the Free Company had become separated from the rest of the regiment. Some might argue that de Guzman's desire for revenge had something to do with distancing himself from the authority of the Captain General. Others might say it was greed. These men have dark untrusting souls.

De Guzman led his men toward the ruin of Sigmar's temple in the Imperial quarter of the city. In its crypt lay the remains of Admiral Jaun de Guzman. And in the small cemetary next to the temple was a shrine to Sigmar commissioned by the de Guzman family. Herman wished to visit the shrine to pay his respects and to insure that the holy relics were not disturbed.

Unfortunately as the Free Company approached the impressive ruin that had been the temple, they came under fire from the east and west. A pack of war hounds ran towards them across an icy wooden bridge to the north west. More hounds and warriors moved to block their access to the bridge from ruins on the Free Company's left. From the east a motley horde of sailors moved toward a stone bridge that crossed the slush-filled canal in front of the temple. Some of the sailors began to invest a ruined warehouse on the Free Companies right.

The Free Company sought cover in the ruins and fired crossbows at the enemy. Most of the missile weapons faced the advancing sailors. The Free Company's first volley knocked a few of the attacking sailors off their feet. But men began to suffer light wounds from the crossbow bolts and musket balls targeting their impromptu fort.

Brother Jochim the Sigmarite chaplain who had replaced their slain priest, cried, "Brother Marcus, is that thyself? Brother Marcus, it is I, Jochim von Pelt!

A rough voice from the west replied, "Von Pelt! I knew thee for a heretic when thou were but a novice back in Altdorf! Prepare to die for thine sins! I Marcus Wolfgang Schulte, Priest of Sigmar, shall personally end thy evil life!"

"Evil? Brother Marcus I serve our order faithfully! I am here under the orders of Lector Heirmonious himself. These men thee unjustly attack are the Free Company of Captain de Guzman, pledged to the service of the King of Muros. We are currently attached to the command of Captain-General de la Graza."

"De la Graza?" huffed Marcus. "That pompous fop is supposed to be securing the Gate of the Dawn and the Merchant Quarter, what are thou doing here?"

"I shall answer all of thine questions if thine marksmen will stop trying to take my life," answered Brother Jochim. "Whom do thou serve? Who be these sailors who assail us from the east?"

"Sailors?" shouted Marcus. "They be pirate scum, mutineers and traitors, that is what they be! Stand down and we will deal with thou and thine after we destroy yon heretics!

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Ludlov_groot

BOOM! A small cannon fired from the stone bridge. The ruins of the temple suffered more damage from the shot. A rattle of musket fire followed the blast, then the pirates rose from their cover and rushed forward across the stone bridge to the north and toward the Free Company's position to the south. The sudden attack ended the negotiations as both warbands attempted to slow the pirate advance.

The hounds on the wooden bridge responded to some unheard signal. They suddenly reversed their direction and rushed back toward the north. The other hounds and the ragged flagellants who followed them rushed past the Free Company's position to meet the advancing pirates. For their part the soldiers of the Free Company abandoned their positions facing the Witch Hunters and moved under cover toward the disputed warehouse.

The Witch Hunters warhounds and flagellants charged along the edges of the canal slipping and sliding on the treacherous ice. The agile pirates suffered less from the poor footing. They easily dispatched the hounds and met the wailing madmen with bloody blades. The Witch Hunter's attack floundered and broke.

The victorious pirates had little time to savor their victory. Volleys of crossbow fire cut down several pirates. Then the duelists charged the pirate flank supported by Ensigns La Paz and de Vera. The veteran swordsmen broke the pirates. Ensign La Paz killed a Dwarf Slayer in the fight.

Post Battle
The Witch Hunters suffered the most casualties, however I am unsure of the actual butcher's bill of the skirmish. They did recover one treasure.

The Pirates lost the Troll Slayer, but the rest of their wounded recovered. The Pirates retreated with the treasure from the graveyard.

All of the Free Company's casualties recovered from their wounds.
The Free Company gained two treasures (including one taken off the body of the Slayer). However the wily Pirates looted the de Guzman's shrine and escaped with the relics.

(I traveled north last Thursday to visit the 19 and One gaming club in Indianapolis. By strange coincidence they play Mordheim on Thursdays as well. I joined their campaign in progress with the Free Company which turned out to have the lowest rating of the assembled bands. The lads took it easy on me and I gained a victory when the big bad Pirates failed their first rout test.
pirat )

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 4:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011 - 5:16

Week 5--Spring is the time to steal horses.

Blood on the Pasturelands I
The Sisters of Sigmar practice their horse whispering

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Stadnina

A Tale of Equestrian Larceny

The day was overcast and windy. The strong winds were moving a storm system across the plains rapidly. The newly budding trees tossed their branches as isolated rain squalls added to the misery of the men of the desert.

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Untitled-1crataerflat1-2.thumbnail

Haroum cursed the northern weather and the infidel women. His scouts had found this camp of Reavers. His men were poised to overwhelm the heathen and liberate their horses. But once again the pagan women who worshiped the false Sigmar had upset his plans.

The harridans had rushed from a small orchard to the east, chanting and waving their weapons. The foolhardy onslaught had cost them casualties, but the deluded females had pressed their attack. Haroum had had no choice but to order the Faithful to attack as well or withdraw in disgrace. Their attack had at least gone as planned. His crew was easily able to overwhelm the few startled guards who faced them. Abu made a spectacular shot to pluck one from his saddle. Then the skirmish dissolved into chaos.

Horses milled in the pole corral the raiders had erected to hold them. Arrows and sling-stones flew through the air. BOOM! Akbar fired his blunderbuss into a crowd of women and struggling horses. Several fell. but the fanatical trollops fought on. A riderless horse rushed west through the Arabyan skirmish line. A whooping woman astride a black horse leapt the fence and disappeared to the east. Akbar wrested the reins from a wounded nun and leapt astride a skittish horse. Almost immediately a mounted woman charged out of the fray to sweep him from the horse's back with a cruel whip. More women on foot followed her. The under-strength Arabyans reeled under the onslaught.

Post Battle
The Arabyans fled. Atebeg was wounded, Akbar and several of the crew were out of action. All the causalities recovered although Akbar suffers form a Nervous Condition.

The Sisters captured 3 horses. Sister Teresa and Sister Corina were killed. Both are quickly replaced with new recruits.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 2:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 5:27

Surprise Attack
The Pandemium attack the Sisters of Sigmar who have wandered into the Underways.

"Look Reverend Mother," cried the novice. "A cave!"

Those fateful words propelled the Sisters of Sigmar's Vigilance to explore the underdark, though they were scarce prepared for such an undertaking. Luckily the cave was somewhat lit by strange fungus that grew along the walls. Still this chance encouraged the women to explore their surroundings secure in the knowledge that the fungus would light their way.

Little did they suspect that the foul rat-men lurked nearby. (Cue ominous music.)

Suddenly a wave of chittering mutants enveloped an isolated nun. Her screams alerted the others. The sisters desperately tried to negotiate the narrow corridors. Nuns blundered into giant rats in the uncertain light. Often the enraged women would destroy the vermin, but sometimes the charging nun would miss the agile rodent and fall to its slashing teeth.

The Sisters slowly formed a line of battle, but some of the nuns were too far from the ambush to help their outnumbered comrades. The foul mutants were led by a fearsome brute who seemed to deliberately seek combat heedless of terrible wounds. The fiend kept attacking despite the nuns' best efforts to kill it. The unnatural vitality of the foe unnerved the Sisters and they fled.

Post Battle
Quote :
New henchwoman, Sigmarite Sister Corina II, dies. Bought a new henchwoman, light armor, helmet and I’m broke again.
12 models, 201 rating.

The Pandemium basked in the easy victory. Pestilens Sorcerer Frayd gains the service of a Familiar in addition to his Rat Familiar. (A roll of 6 sixes on the Exploration chart!)

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Taniec_tatarski

Rais Haroum surveyed the chaos before him. The horse herd milled around in the makeshift enclosure the defeated Reavers had erected out of a ruined field wall and some felled trees. Several of the men were down, riderless horses plunged through his lines and through it all a rain of arrows, crossbow bolts and bullets fell among the Faithful. The enemy skirmish line was barely visible to him through the mass of frightened horses, but they were still a distance away.

Akbar was struggling to mount one of the horses in the pen. Rashid had gained the back of a dun horse, but the frightened animal was rearing and fighting the soldier on its back. Omar lay in the dust. Haroum witnessed the grace with which the soldier had mounted, but so had several enemy archers. Omar hadn't lasted long on horseback.

"Akbar!" called the Rais, "tear down the fence. The fleeing horses will cover our withdrawal!"

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Mamluke

Post Battle
The Faithful suffer 2 casualties. A janissary and a warrior died.
None of the horses were captured. Rashid fell from the back of his mount as he tried to jump the fence in the retreat.

The Trulls suffered no losses. They captured no horses.

Interlude
Rais Haroum paused by the bank of the small stream. The Tileans had pursued the fleeing horses into the hills. He and his men had kept to the valleys and moved back toward the Arab lines. With luck they should reach safety before nightfall.

Suddenly there was a rustle of movement in a thicket across the stream. The Arabyans were spread out and wary. They melted into the sparse cover with drawn bows. No sooner had they found cover when a magnificent stag walked cautiously from the thicket. It paused to sniff the air before it drank. Haroum shot his bow before the animal could bolt at the scent of man. But alas the expert bowman fired too soon. The stag disappeared into the scrub growth along the stream bed.

As he cursed his luck the Rais heard someone mutter, "the omens are bad!"

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 2:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 16:36

I really like your story telling style.

Maybe you would like to post some pictures of the warbands (and battles)

I am really curious how your smugglers are looking.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 17:36

SerialMoM wrote:
I really like your story telling style.
Thanks. I try to give the highlights of each battle. That way if we have a question later the group has a record. And I can practice the creative writing.Laughing

SerialMoM wrote:
Maybe you would like to post some pictures of the warbands (and battles)

I am really curious how your smugglers are looking.

I am actually painting the Smugglers/Tomb Robbers and Thieves. Its only been 10 years or so since I started collecting the miniatures! For photos you have to wish really hard and hope that Playtable hears you. HIs Sisters were joined by 4 mounted models this week (which I think he may be kind of proud of). He has not gotten the camera out since the final battle of the last campaign. There are mutterings about faulty batteries and better camera phones than his camera, so we shall see (or not see).
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 23:24

Chadwicc wrote:

The Pandemium

Heroes
Geshrat, Plague Priest
sword x 2, dagger, sling, LC, Unholy Relic, warpstone amulet, Stone of Regeneration. Skills: Fear
M5  WS4  BS4  S4  T4  W2  I6 A1  Ld7

Frayd, Pestilens Sorcerer
spear, sword, dagger, LC, sling, scroll of the rat familiar, familiar. Spell: Sorcerer's Curse, Eye of the Warp
M4  WS3  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Skebble, Plague Monk
censor, dagger, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Black Hunger, Censor Bearer (frenzy). Injury:Old Battle Wound
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I6  A1  Ld7

Mizzel, Plague Monk
two disease daggers, LC, sling, warpstone amulet    Skills: Resilient, lightning reflexes, Fear
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A2  Ld6

Zethec, Monk Initiate
sword x 2, sling, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Expert Swordsman, Lightning Reflexes. Injury: Hardened (immune to fear)
M5  WS2  BS4  S2  T2  W2  I4  A1  Ld4

Trellit, Monk Initiate
sword, club, sling, throwing stars, LC, warpstone amulet    Skills: Weapons Expert
M5  WS2  BS4  S2  T2  W1  I5  A1  Ld5

Henchman
M5  WS3  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld5

Plague Novice: sword, dagger, sling
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

M5  WS3  BS3  S4  T3  W1  I4  A2  Ld5

3 giant rats

Carrion, rat familiar: giant rat, gains XP, grants one reroll of a spell casting per game if within 6" of sorcerer     Special rules: Improved Spellcasting
M6  WS2  BS0  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld4

Rating 201

Photos of the warband--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t3831-clan-pestilence

Quote :
Arabyan Smugglers warband: The Children of the One

Estalian Sun - Page 2 Mamluk

Heroes
Haroum the Wanderer, Rais--sword, dagger, bow, helmet, LC, RF, Rope and hook. Skill: Dodge
M4 WS4 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld8

Achmed Al Kuds, Mate--sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC. Rope and hook. Skill: Step Aside, Quickshot
M4 WS3 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Atebeg, Mate-- sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC.
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W2 I3 A1 Ld7

Akbar, Mate--sword, dagger, bow. blunderbuss(!) Greatcoat, LC, Rope and hook. Skill: Weapons Master Injury: Nervous Condition I -1.
M4 WS3 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I2 A1 Ld7

Almah, Merchant: sword, dagger Skills: (Wo)man of the World, Haggle.
M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T4 W2 I3 A1 Ld7

Henchman
Al Bobo, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Omar, Janissary--sword, dagger
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Rashid, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Jud the Cursed, Janissary-- sword, dagger

Sher Kahn, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Abu the Monkey Man, warror--sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Rating 174

Treasury: 1 treasure, 5 gold.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 23:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011 - 3:41

OK,OK, I'll bring the camera this week.
Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011 - 9:15

Yay, pictures!! Great reports, still, but pictures are always nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011 - 14:05

Yippiehhh, playtable will make some fotos!!
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 6:09

Week 6—Arabyan Laments
“Underground Treasures”
A variation of Wyrdstone Hunt
Bald-faced lies by Von Kurst. Photos by playtable

Haroum scanned the nearby caverns. In the uncertain light of the torches the rock formations threw fantastic shadows that shifted as Almah and Atabeg moved. Haroum feared ambush, but thus far the cave was inhabited only by shadow and rumor. The Faithful were patrolling the underways between Caberos and the Troll’s Nest. They were also searching for a party of Dwarfs who had disappeared recently. A rich party of Dwarfs, it was rumored.

Suddenly the soldier Omar stopped in his tracks. “I think we found the Dwarfs, oh Rais, “ he said pointing to a bearded head impaled on a spire of rock.

The men made signs against evil and clutched amulets and symbols of the One.

“Spread out!” ordered Haroum. “Form loose order columns, do not bunch up like pigs to the slaughter!”

The men remembered their discipline and spread out as much as they were able in the twisting corridors of the cavern. As they advanced they found more signs of a battle, broken weapons, bits of armor and discarded gear. Then they found the bodies…

The Faithful hear chittering and the patter of clawed feet on stone.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave003</A>

Confrontation! Slings stones fly out of the darkness! Al Bobo defeats the first giant rat.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave004</A>

The Faithful and the Skaven form firing lines. Almah and Al bobo attack another giant rat.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave006</A>

A hideously deformed rat man moved to the fore. The fiend only had half a face! One side of his head was raw bone! Yet the thing lived, or perhaps it did not. Either way it absorbed much punishment while it howled at the mutants around it. Achmed was able to bury one of his arrows to the feathers in the thing’s breast. It was punched off its feet by the force of the hit, but it merely sprang back to its feet and fired a sling stone back at Akbar.

Many of the Faithful are wounded. Al bobo defeats the first skaven monk that challenges him.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave008</A>

Two monks attack Almah. Al Bobo battles the dread Geshrat! (Al Bobo will lose.)
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave010</A>

Jud the Accursed defends his fallen comrades.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Cave011</A>

Post Battle
The Faithful withdraw with 2 out of the 3 treasures, however, no one can face Geshrat and prevail. Al Bobo and Sher Kahn recover, but a sling stone out of the dark kills Omar.

The Pandemium hold their benighted realm. Exact casualty figures are unavailable, but it is known that a hero suffers Madness and becomes Stupid. Geshrat is reported to have gained a third Wound. Woe!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 13:34

HOORAY the photos have returned! cheers
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 22:17

Yeah nice fotos.

I like this simple but very nice cavern scenery design.

Give us more, pleeeease.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2011 - 1:24

Blood on the Pasturelands

Daylight, weather clear though a bit cloudy.
Battlefield: pasturelands with some trees, 12” x12” fenced-off paddock (corral) with 6 horses inside, and 6 outriders protecting them.

Sisters of Sigmar are in need of more horses to do Sigmar’s good works in this sick land.
They spot some horses that could help their cause and prepare to capture some.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood002</A>

They must race the evil skaven to the clutch of horses.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood001</A>

The outriders defend the horses.
One charges a giant rat by a boulder. (Top left in photo)
Three shoot arrows, to no real effect. One charges the line of skaven. (Top center.)
One charges the sister's line. (Bottom right.)
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood004</A>

One of the shooters gets charged by the skaven.
Later, his buddy charges in to help.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood003</A>

One charges Sister Superior Regina.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood005</A>

The outrider, who charged the main skaven line, disappears under a flurry of blows and gnashing teeth. As everyone else moves forward, the only one left is a skaven cursed with stupidity and low leadership. (Top center)
The giant rat by the boulder holds and gets help. (Top left.) While the hired (grey) wizard fires silver arrows at the sisters.
Skaven overwhelm the 2 outriders (top right) and capture one of the horses.
Sister Regina holds and, with help, smashes the outrider OOA. (Bottom right.)
A mob of sisters charge and unhorse the outrider who was shooting at them. His mount bolts away too fast to be caught.
Skaven and rats in the paddock spook the horses but fail to capture any.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood006</A>

With all the outriders gone, both warbands rush forwards towards the nervous horses.
Sister Superiors Victoria and Regina charge a giant rat while everyone else runs or walks and slings rocks. Sister Victoria captures a horse at the end of the turn and jumps aboard.
Sister Superior Charity (mounted gal in last picture, lower right) charges a skaven, off camera, on the right.
More skaven swarm all over the horses but the horses don’t take kindly to them and only one more is captured.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Blood007</A>

This sets up a beautiful blunderbuss shot for the skaven.
Seven sisters are hit, only the last in the line is injured and she is only knocked down.
With the failure of the blunderbuss to even the odds and many rat things OOA, the skaven voluntarily rout.
Sisters of Sigmar win with 2 horses and now have 5 in total. They just need more heroines to gain the ride skill.

Post battle:
With no deaths to the Sisters of Sigmar, there is enough gold crowns left for heavy armour or a nice hired sword. Mother Margett decides against the armour and to solicit the help of the local Road Warden to assist her cause. Two Sister Superiors now have the ride skill and needed someone to ride with them.
Skaven, well, they are just a rumor and who knows what happened to them.

Last edited by playtable on Mon 2 May 2011 - 6:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2011 - 4:58

The Lost Prince
Daylight, ugly weather-no black powder can be used,
A completely true, and totally unbiased, account of the battle, by Playtable.

The good, wonderful, even-tempered, pretty, sweet, servants of Sigmar, hear reports of a lost prince.
In a selfless gesture, they decide to help. That's just the kind of women they are!
They follow a lead that he has been seen in an abandoned village.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince002</A>

Unfortunately, another warband of evil, mean, ugly, smelly women have heard the same rumors and have followed the same lead.
These vile women mean to kidnap him and ransom him off to the highest bidder.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince001</A>

Even more unfortunately, some do-gooder Bretonian outcasts are comin’ ‘round the mountain on the same quest.
Who knows what they want him for.???
It frightens me to even think about it.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince003</A>

With a stroke of luck, the good (blurry) sisters spot the lost prince first and beckon him to them.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince004</A>

They send a skirmish line of 2 novices and 2 sisters to hold off the Bretonians until the prince can be led off.</A>
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince005</A>

On the other side of the village, the ugly women split their forces and advance on both rivals. They trade missile shots with the Bretonians on the hill.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince006</A>

The Bretonians on the heights rain down shots on both women warbands.
Women-haters all. I always thought the Bretonians were a little, well, you know, evil.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince008</A>

The local news captures an image of the activity from an air balloon for the 6:00 cabal-vision news.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince009</A>

The Bretonians cause havoc with the sister’s skirmish line.
Better shots and more of them take a toll.
Charging through the trees, the good women find they are not as strong as these men.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince011</A>

The skirmish line is in trouble.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince010</A>

Whispering sweet nothings into the prince’s ear, And Sister Superior Victoria threatening to smash his head between two hammers, the sisters form up to take him away.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince012</A>

The skirmish line cannot hold back the Bretonians.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince013</A>

The good sisters move off as the ugly women gather to stop them.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince015</A>

The good Sisters of Sigmar send a volunteer to keep the ugly women from running after them.
Arrows fill the air.
The good sisters run through the rocks away from both warbands converging on them.
They move out of range of some of the ugly-women shooting.
And with the building in between, the Bretonians have little firepower.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Prince016</A>

Post Battle:
The great wonderful Sisters of Sigmar make it off the board and win the game.
After a parade and feast in their honour, the few rewards they accept amount to a little gold (just enough to cover operating costs), an old suit of light armour, and a rusty shield.
They refuse all the other rewards because they were just doing a modest service for the local lord and most of the time they can’t roll a 4+ to save their lives.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2011 - 14:01

HOORAY! The Holy Babes of the Dead Warrior Guy save the day...sort of! cheers
A FINE piece of unbiased photo-journalism...mostly! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2011 - 21:37

Week 6—Arabyan Laments (cont’d)
Treasure Hunt
A multiplayer battle
Half-truths and rumor reported by Von Kurst. Photos by playtable

The day was bright and cheerful, but despite the advent of spring the land still bore the scars of war. Ahead lay the ruins of a ranchero; Haroum had planned on camping there for the night. However, as they neared the ruin he could see other groups of men approaching. The Faithful strung their bows and loosened their swords. There were allies in these hills, but any stranger could prove an enemy in this infidel land.

Haroum called a halt at the crest of a hill some distance from the ruin. He opened the fragile Apparatus of Far-seeing and brought the lens to his eye. The distant warriors seemed to stand in front of him. Indeed one dark haired wench seemed to stare directly into his eye. Sasha the Ghutani! If the heretic was here, Roxanna of Remas was as well.

“The infidel Remasens approach from the south!” Haroum reported. He slowly panned the southern hills.

Suddenly a gunshot echoed across the hills. Haroum could see some Tileans scrambling for cover and puffs of gunsmoke from the orchards on his right. The warriors there were deep in cover or moving too fast for Haroum to focus the far-seer on them. Haroum closed the telescope and stored it away. His men looked toward him expectantly. “Forward!” he growled.

The Trulls skirmish with pirates.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Estalia001</A>

The Faithful advance toward a comforting stone wall.
The Trulls emerge from the trees in front of them.
Pirates are to the top of the photo.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Estalia003</A>

The Faithful advanced on the double through scattered trees toward the dubious safety of the ruins. Abu, Al Bobo, Rashid and Atabeg gained the stone wall. They fired a volley of arrows toward the looming crag to the south and hugged the wall as crossbow bolts hissed by in reply.

A group of Trulls jogged toward them from the southeast. Akbar blasted them with his blunderbuss and Rashid and Al Bobo sent arrows into the mass. Some of the women fell but the rest pressed on. Abu was knocked back from the wall by a glancing hit from a crossbow bolt.

Abu had barely recovered when a man with a blunderbuss fired down the wall into the mass of Arabyans from the west. Amazingly they all survived. Haroum put an arrow into the gunner for his impudence.

One of the women paused in front of the ruin to tug and dig after something in hidden in the fallen stones.

Al Bobo and Rashid attack a Remasen youngblood before she can loot a treasure.
Estalian Sun - Page 2 Estalia004</A>

A wail went up from the Remasen women and they fell back. (The pirates wiped out the Remasen left flank.)

The Faithful hurriedly occupied the ruin to meet the expected attack from the west. However, before they could consolidate their defense a withering hail of arrows and bullets was followed by a desperate charge from the orchards swept the Arabyans from the field. The Bretonnian Pirates claim the ruin and its remaining treasures.

Post Battle
The Trulls recovered one treasure before being massacred by the pirates on the Trulls’ left. Once again despite suffering losses of 50% out of action, no one dies. The greedy youngblood suffers a Leg Wound.

The Faithful claimed one treasure from the ruin. Almah the merchant survived several light arrow wounds, but slipped and fell from a height as she tried to claim a second treasure. She suffers a Deep Wound. The rest of the Arabyans recover from their wounds.

The Bretonnians gain the remaining treasures (3?) and hold the ruin. None of their casualties succumb to their wounds either.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 May 2011 - 22:13

Thanks a lot for all these fine reports and nice pictures.

Oh i hope i can play again soon, but curre tly there is so much to do.

I really enjoy your reports
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 May 2011 - 5:43

On behalf of the committee, you are most welcome.

I hope you get time for a game or a campaign soon. (And that you share it with us.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   Estalian Sun - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Estalian Sun
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next