Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Can I slack my leader?

Go down 
+13
Rudeboy
Mephysto
Elmoth
Gobbo Freak
Pathfinder Dubstyles
vince
FKSN
StyrofoamKing
RationalLemming
BalrogTheBuff
Lord 0
Ordo Septenarius
Zonq
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I slack my leader?   leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 23:44

The rules say that a warrior can be dismissed at any time. I believe that means a Leader as well. This warrior can be dismissed for what ever reason you want. Perhaps, the warrior is been to badly beaten and can not keep up the strength of the warband, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Maybe he’s not pulling his weight. (fluff) Maybe, as a Leader, his strategies were too risky, people died, treasure lost, or just bad decisions, ect. Maybe, Mordheim was more than he/she expected and came to the realization that he’s had enough and “I’m taking my sword and going home.” For what ever reason, anyone can be drop off the roster.

Of coarse, if your group says you can’t just retire your Leader than you could always run your Leader like a Troll Slayer mentality. Give him two daggers and run him at any and every enemy in his path until he’s killed. If your luck is like mine. He’ll keep going OOA and multiple injuries and NEVER DIE!

I had some ideas (for purely entertainment reasons, or to satisfy the other players) to get rid of a leader, just incase some players say, “You can’t get rid of your Leader because it’s not fair.” Make a random chart to explain what happens to current Leader (No extra xp is given for any combat listed. Why should there be for internal squabbles)

These could be more for “Evil” Warbands, but I could see Mercenaries types doing this as well. These are more to satisfy the Group, with randomness because some results could hurt the warband some too. Yes, it could be risky. (Roll a D6)

1-Mutiny: D3 Heroes, in order of leadership surround the current Learder at 4 inches. Roll for charges, D6+Iniative to who charges first. Since the Leader knows he’s alone, he/she doesn’t need “all alone” checks. It’s a fight o the Death! Leave OOA models in the battle area. If it’s the Leader, the others would finish him/her off. If the Leader won, and all the other challengers are OOA, then the Leader would not allow such a challenger(s) to live for their insolence. Remove all those members from the warband, and since the dead don’t need weapons and gear in the after life, the Warband keeps all the stuff.

2-Challenged for Leader: The next highest leadership Hero challenges the Current Leader. Pit fight rules! A One-on-One between the two. Roll injuries as Normal. The loser then leaves the warband with all his stuff. If the warrior died, warband keeps his stuff.

3-Warband throws the Leader a retirement party! Either for the Leader because he’s retiring and they wish to honor him, or because they’re thrilled the fool is gone! The Warband must pay D6 gold per Warband Member to cover the Tarven Bill. If the Warband doesn’t have enough gold at the time, they will pay what they owe left after each game until the Bill is paid off.

4-The Horrors of Mordheim are too much for the warrior and haunts his mind to the point he grabs all his weapons and gear and runs off screaming and yelling, “They’re Coming! They’re Coming! Run for your Life!” Remove that member from the roster.

5-The Leader has come to the realization that the horrors Mordheim are more than he/she can bear. He/She believes life and sanity is worth more than treasure. The leader hands the mantel of leadership to his/her next in command. (roll D6, 1-3 he takes his stuff with him/her, 4-6 he donates his stuff the warband for luck) remove that member from the roster.

6-The Horrors of Mordheim are too much for the warrior and he’s lost his mind. The Warband notices the Leader laying on the floor, in the corner, drooling like a baby and sucking his thumb. Remove that member from the roster. The warband gets to keep his weapons and gear, he obviously doesn’t need it anymore.

Sorry, it good lengthier than I thought. I started to have fun with it. These are just ideas, do what your group agrees on. But always have fun!

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Can I slack my leader?   leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 5:21

Shadowphx wrote:

3-Warband throws the Leader a retirement party!

Heh. Fun mental image. "Try the wine, boss! You can hardly taste the arsenic!"
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
The_Ferret
Veteran
Veteran
The_Ferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Can I slack my leader?   leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 12:16

I stuck with a leader for my Clan Pestilens who knocked himself out with his Plague Censer in his first fight and ended up with permanent stupidity! I kept him just for the hell of it!

However, Andy Chambers did put together an article for Leadership Challenges in Necromunda, in Fanatic mag which may resolve the issue for you in an appropriate manner for Mordheim! If you can't get your leader killed off, you could try one of your Heroes usurping the leadership.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Can I slack my leader?   leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 16:49

I'm really shocked they never translated leadership disputes from Necromunds over to Mordheim! Those were some of the most entertaining events in a gang! I had a Delaque gang that went through 3 leaders due to leadership issues, it was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I slack my leader?   leader - Can I slack my leader? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I slack my leader?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2