Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Montana Campaign v1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

Montana Campaign v1 Empty
PostSubject: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 19:08

Montana Campaign v1

Hi guys, so this is my first battle report, and I apologize for not having any pictures... next time. Fluff will come next time too (hopefully) Suspect

This Campaign is between me with the Orcs of the Sun (?), and my seven year old neighbor (and any friends he can bring over) with a Skaven warband. The purpose of this campaign is to learn the rules... and have fun Wink

This was the fifth game, and he is really starting to understand the rules and even working on some tactics. (I still tell him what he needs to roll.. but he tells me his stats and skills, etc.)

Treasure Hunt

The (17) Orcs of the sun spread out across their table edge looking for the treasure. They were split up into four groups to better search the ruins. From right to left:
1) 1 Big 'Un with a bow and 3 Goblin archers
2) 2 Goblin Squig Herders and 5 squigs along with the Shaman.
3) Two orc Boyz with the Captain.
4) 1 Big 'Un and one Orc Boy

The (9) sly Skaven started as one quick group in the middle of their edge. (6 heros, 2 Vermikin and 1 Rat Oger)

There were 11 buildings to check for the treasure.

Turn 1:
Orcs got the first turn and sprinted forward checking for the treasure in 4 buildings (rolling two 11's...).
Skaven split into three groups checking 3 buildings... still no treasure...

Turn 2:
Orcs Move forward again checking the last two building on their side of the table, and find good spots to rain arrows on the skaven when they come out of the shadows.
The Skaven check the final two buildings on the board, finding the treasure.(I know, I'm nice =]) The Skaven Eshin Sorcerer who found the treasure had 19 inches to the edge of the table (We measured after).

Turn 3: The Orcs heard the squeals of delight from the dirty rats in the far corner of the ruins, and all started in that direction. I had three Orc archers already in place to shoot at the Sorcerer, so they let rip... but failed to wound. The Goblin archers (who were the farthest from the treasure) still could not see any (sneaky) rats who were checking the building less than 12 inches away from them, so they moved a little farther away getting ready to shoot. The Orc Squigs Jumped onto the roof of Voltaire's Magic Shop in the hopes of reaching the Skaven Captain and Black Skaven... but only one made it into combat resulting in nothing. The Shaman ran into the back alley to try to cut off the Sorcerer from reaching the table edge.

To make a long story short, The Squigs Put the hammer down on the Black Skaven and Captain, and My shaman got close enough to try casting a spell on the sneaky rats trying to run away twice... and faild both times. My orcs managed to get close enough to the retreating rats to keep them from being able to run.. but not enough to keep them on the board.

Turn 6: The Skaven had lost 3 rats (including their captain) so needed to take a route test... His Eshin Sorcerer with the treasure (and a night runner) were one inch away from their table edge, so all he needed to do was pass the route test, and he would win.... And he did.

Skaven were the victors for escaping with the treasure.

After the Game:
Orcs:
1 Orc Boy and 1 Goblin Archer left this world for the next.
One Orc Boy "got tallent" and became a hero (Yes!)
Captain gained a new skill (Re-roll route test)

Skaven:
Black Skaven "survived against the odds +1 exp"
Assasin Adept with weeping blades DIED!!!! (but I let him buy it back ... )
Another Black Skaven got Mighty blow... (He's got three Heros with 5 Str...)
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 20:30

WELL DONE, ASTON!thumbsup
Not only did you have an exciting game, you passed along a fine craft/game/way-of-life to another generation. I salute you, Amigo.Sir, yes sir!
Now where are the bleeding pics, eh?Wink I look forward to the fluffy part of the battle report. Hey, may be you could convert the kid to look like a Skaven, erm...on second thought that might not be cool with his folks.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 22:36

Yea it was a very entertaining game. It's his fifth game, and he's doing really well...

I'll get some pics of the next game... Now I just need to teach him (and me) how to write fluff =]... and come up with a Name for my Orcs... Sun Bashers? I dont' know
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008 - 15:58

Ashton wrote:

Now I just need to teach him (and me) how to write fluff =]... and come up with a Name for my Orcs... Sun Bashers? I dont' know

I think once you get started the whole thing will just flow. Just write as you are accustomed to speak. Pretend you are a story-teller plying your trade; the story will just materialize as your imagination kicks in. When you have the basic story line, do it as an oral presentation to your gaming partner; if you find him with a faraway look & his mouth hanging open, you've succeeded. You certainly are bright enough, & imaginative enough to pull it off.

Doing names can be a real blast. When I was an AD&Der, I used to carry a pad to jot down names as they popped into my head. You might try using "Western" style names since it is a Montana Mordheim setting, like Big Green the Montana Kid & the Badland Boyz. As long as you don't allow yourself to be intimidated by the thing [writers have a fear of blank pages] you'll soon be churning out some cool stories. Montana Campaign v1 665330 thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008 - 18:06

hahah thanks for the tips deaf.

My only problem is not knowing a lot about the Warhammer Orc/Skaven worlds, so my warband names will not really fit it to that... which I'm okay with Wink
Back to top Go down
grey_death
Captain
Captain
grey_death

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008 - 19:10

Back to top Go down
http://thepaintingcorps.blogspot.com/
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008 - 19:26

lol I did find that Wink

Thanks Grey.

I also found a couple different ones for orcs (and orc tribes), but haven't gotten around to deciding on anything. Thanks for the link =]
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 20:10

I think I might go with "Sun Crusha's" for my Orc Warband/Tribe with the orange stripes. What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008 - 12:37

Ashton wrote:
I think I might go with "Sun Crusha's" for my Orc Warband/Tribe with the orange stripes. What do ya think?

I like "Sun Crusha's"; Orcs & Goblins DO have a certain dislike of daylight, SO... it's kind of appropriate.

With names, I usually pick out a nationality for that race, my Night Goblins are Irish [don't ya know?] and make up names that sound right for that nationality, like Dirty McGrunge or Mad-As-A-Loon McMugWort [my Ubergoblin shaman] or Wily O'Hell [sharp-shooting Ubergoblin, famed for having shot his sister out from under an apple]. I bet your imagination is at least as good as the GW Designers [mines BETTER Suspect ]. I think the names should be as personalized as the minis you lavish so much attention on, making it uniquely your own.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008 - 17:43

Thanks for the great advice, I'll see what I can come up with.
DeafNala wrote:
[mines BETTER Suspect ]
So true. No one can argue with that Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008 - 19:51

@ Aston

What do you mean? "Assasin Adept with weeping blades DIED!!!! (but I let him buy it back ... )"

I think I got it but just wanted to make sure. I did something like this for someone who came ill prepared to the City of the Damned and his Leader become a "All you can eat Buffet" for some Zombies.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008 - 4:49

Da Bank wrote:
What do you mean? "Assasin Adept with weeping blades DIED!!!! (but I let him buy it back ... )"
The leader (assassin adept) went OOA, and after the battle got a 12 on the OOA table = DEAD LEADER... =( So per the rules, he has to choose the next hero with the most leadership to take over command of the warband... but instead, I let him buy the leader again (60 gold + eqiupment).

To continue on that story... (although I haven't written battle reports for them... sorry) In game 8, the leader died AGAIN! and he decided against buying him back, so the sorcerer became the leader, and he instead hired Veskit, the killing machine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montana Campaign v1   Montana Campaign v1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Montana Campaign v1
Page 1 of 1