Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Underbheit's Undead

Go down 
+54
Tintin
ithilmar
StoneTroll
abhorsen950
CrazyOrc88
OttoMunoz
No Time
Ezekiel
Mr.chair
Paluke
conan the ballbearing
lord siwoc
Asp
dwi
Jester
Ancre
ImUrDentist
ThePan
Chad
MagnoliaFan
Lord Xi
Drugart
Horatius
Skavenblight
Johann Cocaine
xarly22
jackanory
Hawkeye
Ash
Tortiou
Eliazar
Axel
matt
VonStreusel
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
pierre
Erkwin
Unwanted
CygnusMaximus
Exarch Thomo
Pfreck
Da Bank
grey_death
Hellfoot
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Snyder_7
witch hunter commander
Tagnator
DeafNala
cianty
organboy
Ashton
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Admin Tom
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2008 - 23:14

Realizing it would postpone the GRAND UNVEILING [ Sad ], you COULD use The Contest as an excuse to do up your Vampire [from Hell]. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008 - 8:38

Unfortunately, I'm still not quite happy with the Vampire, so I probably won't use that model. I do have other ideas though, but that is the surprise part. eeexcellent!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008 - 10:57

UnderBheit wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm still not quite happy with the Vampire, so I probably won't use that model. I do have other ideas though, but that is the surprise part. eeexcellent!

A bit of extra thought & effort is warranted with the Vampire; he is afterall THE MAN in your Warband & its centerpiece. AND there are SO many REALLY COOL Vampire models to chose from.

I LOVE SURPRISES, well, the good ones that is Suspect ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 20:59

Only one thing to say, really, Underbheit - spectacular. I'm particularly impressed by the way you see the possibilties in a miniature or in a bit (like the corpse cart components). That's a real gift. Oh, and the painting is wonderful, of course. There are so many great minis that it's tough to choose a favourite. I love the Necromancer (from the Corpse Cart necromancer), but the dregs made from the same kit are also fantastic. Great inspiration!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008 - 11:48

Hawkeye wrote:
I'm particularly impressed by the way you see the possibilties in a miniature or in a bit (like the corpse cart components). That's a real gift.

Thanks, I do a lot of subtle conversion work on my models and it's always rewarding when someone notices the effort.

I am currently retooling my Vampire and I just added a Dire Wolf to the warband, so more to come...shortly.

Thanks all. It is aliiiive!
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008 - 19:14

Looking forward to them, UnderBheit!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 8:48

RIGHT ON, UnderBheit! cheers

Congratulations on your WELL DESERVED Golden Tom Award. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 9:35

Thank you very much.

A while back Matt asked me if I would mind making him a Khorne aligned Magister. I was excited by the project and decided to make it my Golden Tom entry. I had a lot of fun making the Magister, although I didn't really have time to work on it until the week of the contest. I spent one evening modeling and the next painting.
You know, that Empire Wizard sprue is now tied with the corpse cart as a favorite of mine.
undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 100_2598undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 100_2592
undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag1undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag2
undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag3undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag4
undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag5undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Mag6
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 10:26

As a GW Plastic Enthustiast I AGREE; the Empire Wizard kit is one of the BEST of a FINE range of kits. In addition to a couple of Wizards, I recently did up a Warrior Priest of Morr, which I was rather pleased with. As your SPLENDID mini demonstrates, there are SO many REALLY cool things you can do with ALL the wonderful little pieces in each box. Again WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 12:46

A lovely conversion and a great paint job! I like it a lot! thumbsup

Will you make conversions for me too? bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 13:16

You know other than the pictures on the GW website I don't think I've ever seen that empire wizard model used as a "good" wizard, they always seem to be "evil" necromancers, warlocks and magisters! Smile it's definitely a good thing, screw the empire!

p.s. really nice work underbheit, properly individual work throughout!
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 16:41

each time I see it I love it even more <3
I love the blackblood spell, and I love that you got the axe on the base Smile I LOVE it!

Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 20:20

grat idea for that model, ive created my possed magister in the similar scene, the same hurt in the hand, (and use a zombie hand too), but ive used another type of model, one dark elf black guard, and a knife of the old chaos warriors, but i think you one is nicer, and very well pinted thumbsup , i havent started to paint him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 0:55

DeafNala wrote:
As a GW Plastic Enthustiast I AGREE; the Empire Wizard kit is one of the BEST of a FINE range of kits. In addition to a couple of Wizards, I recently did up a Warrior Priest of Morr, which I was rather pleased with. As your SPLENDID mini demonstrates, there are SO many REALLY cool things you can do with ALL the wonderful little pieces in each box. Again WELL DONE! thumbsup
Post that Priest, man. I'd like to see it. I've been dying to model a Priest of Taal and model him as a squirrel master. I saw something like it in WD a long time ago.

@Cianty
I am quite busy lately, so I don't know when I would have a chance to work on a model, but...what did you have in mind. Smile

@Jackanory
That is too true, but then again villains are always cooler. Thanks for the compliments.

@ Matt
I'm glad you like it so much. That makes it all worth while. Very Happy

xarly22 wrote:
grat idea for that model, ive created my possed magister in the similar scene, the same hurt in the hand, (and use a zombie hand too), but ive used another type of model, one dark elf black guard, and a knife of the old chaos warriors, but i think you one is nicer, and very well pinted thumbsup , i haven't started to paint him.
Thanks for the compliments. The added hand in this conversion is actually a ghoul hand. I just filed the nails down. Can't wait to see your Magister too.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 2:19

UnderBheit wrote:
@Cianty
I am quite busy lately, so I don't know when I would have a chance to work on a model, but...what did you have in mind. Smile

Hm, well, you are obviously the God of Undead... I'd really love to see you do a Liche. You know, the Border Town Burning supplement contains a pretty cool Undead warband by Chris de la Rosa. The warband is led by a powerful Liche (and has Grave Guards as Heroes). You can see it in part 3.

I'm sure you'd come up with a perfect model and together with your Necromancer and the zombies they'd be the perfect sample warband for the Restless Dead. I'd really love to have photos of them for the BTB gallery.

Your Zombies and Dregs are really the best I have ever seen. zombie So awesome...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 6:30

Embarassed Thank you for the compliments

The Liche sounds very interesting. study
I'll give it some thought.

Regarding the pictures of my Necromancer and such, I would be honored to contribute them to BTB. Would you like me to take a group shot or just email you the pics that I've posted on the forum? Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 11:57

UnderBheit wrote:
Regarding the pictures of my Necromancer and such, I would be honored to contribute them to BTB. Would you like me to take a group shot or just email you the pics that I've posted on the forum? Sir, yes sir!

A group shot of the zombies and a single shot of the Necro would be good. However, without a Liche model, which really is the centre of the warband, I unfortunately don't see a point in making an entry for them in the gallery at all.

You don't happen to have some beautiful skeletons and Grave Guards, do you? Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 19:45

I see.
I have some skeleton warriors on sprue but nothing painted. What is the time frame for the gallery entry? If it's long enough I could whip something up. eeexcellent!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 19:58

Like one month... The full supplement will be released some time after the release of installment 6 (which is due Nov 9th). Is that sufficient?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:48

Sweet, that should be fine.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:51

UnderBheit wrote:
Sweet, that should be fine.

Awesome! I look forward to whatever you come up with. I know it will be great! bounce
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008 - 7:40

Surprisingly, today I had a spare moment to spend on my hobby, so I started making the Liche. I looked through my favorite bits and began to muse. Suddenly, I had a flash of inspiration and feverishly began converting my bits. It was all coming together so nicely...
but when I reached for one of my staple bits sadness overcame me. Crying or Very sad

Production has been halted, but pending a successful ebay bid I will post the WIP of what I humbly deem one bad @$$ Liche.
Undead
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008 - 8:54

Oh boy, oh boy! I'm all excited about this! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008 - 10:34

cianty wrote:
Oh boy, oh boy! I'm all excited about this! bounce bounce bounce

ME TOO!bounce bounce bounce <WARNING: EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE TO THIS SMILEY CAUSES MOTION SICKNESS IN OLD MEN. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 15:40

HooRay! I won the auction! As soon as the parts arrive I'll slap then on and post a pic. Undead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underbheit's Undead   undead - Underbheit's Undead - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underbheit's Undead
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next