Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Living rulebook?

Go down 
+4
StyrofoamKing
Von Kurst
shotguncoffee
Baron Samedi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron Samedi
Warrior
Warrior
Baron Samedi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeTue 7 Dec 2010 - 21:46

sorry if there has been a post about this before but is there a living rulebook for mordheim? if so were can I find it?

cant seem to find one with the search engines.
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeTue 7 Dec 2010 - 21:54

No the living rulebook is dead. The only actively updated rulebook around is Asp's Coreheim.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 0:07

shotguncoffee wrote:
No the living rulebook is dead. The only actively updated rulebook around is Asp's Coreheim.

This statement is partially true.

Quote :
The living rulebook is on GW's site, together with some other Mordheim material:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480008a&categoryId=1100010&section=&aId=5300009

The above statement and link may be more helpful to the Baron. Wink
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 0:20

Von Kurst's link, to clarify, is the Un-Living Rulebook... it has been updated since "Mordheim" was first printed, but hasn't been updated in years.

Still, that is the official book, and the one most players use (and it's free! GW provides something for FREE!)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 7:41

Yeah, that was hardly useful, shotgun. Evil or Very Mad

Samedi, there is a sub-forum for Mordheim resources where you will find lots of stuff dedicated to downloads:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/mordheim-resources-f20/

The "Watchtower" thread deals with the various publications, official and beyond. Also, you'll find pretty much all the downloads you'll want on this site:
http://tabletopgeeks.com/downloads/
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 8:04

Coreheim is not Mordheim but is another game based on Mordheim that is in active development. You will find the rules quite different to Mordheim though and that may or may not be to your liking.

Mordheim (not Coreheim) is still living but now is supported more by fans than by GW (with this being the best forum on the web for that support). Da Bank (the Answer Mod for Mordheim) is still around a little bit and his answers are official as he has been given that power by GW. He's roll is not to change the rules though but simply to clarify ambiguous rules and to answer questions.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010 - 23:49

The truth is ill heard, eh? Smile

IMO Coreheim isn't a different game, it is the logical continuation of Mordheim. A lot has happened in 10+ years you know and I highly doubt that some of the mechanics in the original (and now dead) rulebook would be used by GW if they were to redesign Mordheim today. But then again, that is just my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 2:40

shotguncoffee wrote:
The truth is ill heard, eh? Smile

IMO Coreheim isn't a different game, it is the logical continuation of Mordheim. A lot has happened in 10+ years you know and I highly doubt that some of the mechanics in the original (and now dead) rulebook would be used by GW if they were to redesign Mordheim today. But then again, that is just my 2 cents Smile

That doesn't mean you can pass Coreheim off as the real thing. There's also no 'logical continuation' leading to Coreheim rules. I could use logic and take the ruleset in a completely different direction. No offense intended to Coreheim, but do not confuse people by telling them that it is in any way official.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 7:55

Well, shotguncoffee's affiliated with the creators of Coreheim...
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 11:48

cianty wrote:
Well, shotguncoffee's affiliated with the creators of Coreheim...

Good for him. It's still unofficial. Being officially part of an unofficial modification of a game makes you... yeah, unofficial. Until they get Games Workshop's permission to say their stuff is official (and that won't happen) no one from Coreheim has the right to pass off their stuff as the 'True Mordheim.' I've looked at their 'rules' and they've changed so much it's barely the same game.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 13:42

I have picked up the habit of calling the revised rulebook the "living" rulebook, which is a bit inaccurate. I think from now on I will simply call it the revised rulebook.
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010 - 16:00

But people, hey hey - I'm not looking to pick a fight and really - where did I say that Coreheim was official?

I'll be sure to revise my statements to be absolutely clear from now on..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Living rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living rulebook?   Living rulebook? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living rulebook?
Page 1 of 1