Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

undead questions

Go down 
+3
Rudeboy
mweaver
cody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cody

cody

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 2:33

When Zombies and Wolves charge does it double their movement?

When a ghoul gets rolls lads got talent, does he get anything?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 2:46

Yes, they can double their movement when charging.

The promoted ghoul gets to pick two skill areas, if that is what you mean. We have a house rule that he can have a lucky charm and a rabbit's foot (the kindly vampire puts them on a chain around his neck).
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 17:52

mweaver is correct Undead charge like normal they double their movement.

When Ghouls are premoted they get access to 2 skill groups. However they do not and cannot get access to weapons. They cannot take the skills that allow them to use any melee or range weapons.
Back to top Go down
Olimar von MordFuhrer
Warrior
Warrior
Olimar von MordFuhrer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010 - 4:08

i hadn't considered that until my third or fourth match- that my zombies could charge- i just pushed them 4" a turn.
it's a pretty important thing to know, because being the charger is about the only way you'll ever strike first with those brain munchers.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010 - 10:38

We have a house rule that with the appropriate skills they can get weapons depending on the skill they get. Must be WYSIWYG of course.
Back to top Go down
l00
Warrior
Warrior
l00

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010 - 13:20

Zombies go like bounce on the charge.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010 - 16:54

Yeah when A Zombie or a Skeleton smells flesh, and brains they get exctied and remember how to run.
Back to top Go down
Olimar von MordFuhrer
Warrior
Warrior
Olimar von MordFuhrer

Personal Info

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 2:49

it would make them slim-pickin's if they couldn't. it would be impossible to charge even a dwarf- you'd stop in his charge range.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 7:18

Olimar von MordFuhrer wrote:
it would make them slim-pickin's if they couldn't. it would be impossible to charge even a dwarf- you'd stop in his charge range.

Indeed. You know you're screwed if the troops that are supposed to be your meat and potatoes get out maneuvered by dwarves. Being dead is no excuse for that.
Back to top Go down
Olimar von MordFuhrer
Warrior
Warrior
Olimar von MordFuhrer

Personal Info

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 9:33

usually the best use for a zombie is to occupy reikland archers.

if you push one into base contact with one, he can't shoot your cullen, so count chocula has time to suck more blood. (best when combine with wolves, who will generally get the kill by virtue of their high combat stats and two charge attacks)

also, keep one about an inch closer to the enemy than your necromancer and target priority rules will make him invulnerable (but make sure to stay out of LOS from elevated foes, who can still freely target)

i still think dregs and ghouls are the undead "meat and potatoes" because they get experience. any unit that never gains EXP is the same as a piece of wargear. it's just a rotting, shambling 15GC. generally worth the money, though.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 15:26

Yeah the Undead are slow, but the Vampire, and the Dire Wolves are fast and hit hard. I have seen a vampire rip through another warband with 2 Dire Wolves keeping him from being double teamed.

Dregs are not so good but they are cheap, and I have seen them become good (not great) archers, with some stat bumps (can't take shooting skills). Or give them a Double handed Weapon and the Strongman skill. They are basically Young Bloods, so usually I see people use the same tricks. They also start with Zero exp, so you can kind of shape them with some good upgrades and skills.

Ghouls are not bad, they are a little expensive for what you get. The 2 attacks is nice, and so is the 4 toughness. I think that fear is properly priced in one-off games, but in a champagne, fear becomes less useful as leaderships increase, and more models become immune to fear. Also since they cannot use weapons that is a good and bad, it's good because you are not spending gold on weapons, but you also cannot get the bonus that weapons give you. As your only Exp gaining Henchmen they are your only chance at LGT.
Back to top Go down
Olimar von MordFuhrer
Warrior
Warrior
Olimar von MordFuhrer

Personal Info

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010 - 0:09

i kind of like it when my vampire gets double teamed. with 4 attacks, an extra sword and combat master, i sometimes drop 8 or 9 dice in close combat.

as far as ghouls- as long as you have them at a 2 WS, they never really get off of the ground at all. once you have a lad with talent, though- watch out.

dire wolves may be fast and hit hard- but they never level up and they take a hit like courtney love. they work the best up against archers who may not have any CQC gear like armor or swords and often only rock a 3 on the WS chart (or any other squishy target.) these guys love eating dark souls.

as for fear- if you're a good undead band, you're going to find that most opponents buy garlic or bugman's by the third or so time you play them. fear is one of those bonus pieces of candy that you can't ever REALLY count on to save or safeguard a strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

undead questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: undead questions   undead questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undead questions
Page 1 of 1