Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dozer's buildings and scenery

Go down 
+10
sartori
Narcissus
Milliardo
Svenn
Pathfinder Dubstyles
HornedRat
Pirexian
DeafNala
mweaver
Dozer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brimstone
Hero
Hero
brimstone

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 17:40

Forget the Miz. THIS is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 22:49

Finally got around to finishing the board , kinda. Still have to sand the pink foam off the edge of the water. It came out pretty good but I might pour another layer of water with some paint or ink mixxed in , it looks way to clean to be in a ravaged city. Will have to experiment with it.

I am useing woodland scenics Reallistic Water so if anyone has used this pruduct and has a way to "mix" a good looking fetid water affect I would like to know what they did.

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2310

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2311

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2312

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2313
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 23:01

VERY, VERY NICE! The bridge ascending the hill looks TERRIFIC. Whatever you put on that board will look better for its location. thumbsup

I got a decent tinted effect by adding a drop or so of Dr. Martin's Watercolors to Realistic water...anymore than that turns the mix opaque & ruins the effect.
BTW keep the board with the water out of direct sunlight; a prolonged exposure "melts" the water. affraid Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 23:53

DeafNala wrote:
VERY, VERY NICE! The bridge ascending the hill looks TERRIFIC. Whatever you put on that board will look better for its location. thumbsup
I got a decent tinted effect by adding a drop or so of Dr. Martin's Watercolors to Realistic water...anymore than that turns the mix opaque & ruins the effect.
BTW keep the board with the water out of direct sunlight; a prolonged exposure "melts" the water. affraid Suspect

I have not used Dr. Martins before. I will see if I can find it locally.

I did not know the water effect could melt like that. I will definatly remember this.

Back to top Go down
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 0:03

Here is a Skaven warren I started this past weekend. GW used to have something like this on there website years ago but I cannot find it anymore. Anyway it is something I have wanted to do for a long time . Since my brother just recently bought the Island of Blood and is planning on fielding a Skaven army I thought it was time to build it. I figure it will also look good on the Mordheim board , off to the side like the Skaven are trying to get a foothold in the city.

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2314

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2315

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2316

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2317
Back to top Go down
geekgirl
Champion
Champion
geekgirl

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 18:38

Oh! Great stuff! The effect on the walls of the building is really clever... Love that pool as well!

Your board is shaping up nicely too! I'm gonna have a go with Frogprince to make board sometime soon too. Thanks for the pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 20:10

The Rat Guy Digs look COOL; they have the same lovely ramshackle quality as my Goblinesque Architecture. What a Face
Tip: if you draw a coarse jewelers saw over the wood with the grain of the wood, you can enhance the grain & give it a nice rough, easily dry-brushable finish.
Back to top Go down
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 0:02

Here is an update on the Skaven warren. I think it came out pretty good. The weathering on the wood didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. Normally I paint wood black then drybrush dark brown then light and then some grey to make it look weathered and it looks great. This I painted brown then drybrushed grey and it didn't come out so good. I used it in a WHFB game yesterday against my bothers Skaven and it really looked good on the board behind his hordes. I'm letting my brother finish it off with some rats and banners.

I will post more pics when it's complete. Thanks for looking. Comments, criticism or ideas on what to add on to it welcome.

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2410

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2411

I don't know why the pics came out a bit pink. Must have hit something on the camera?

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2412

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2413
Back to top Go down
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2011 - 4:59

Here are some trees I have been working on. Herte is the youtube channel I got the tutorial from https://www.youtube.com/user/thekamloopian .

I need to finish the trunks and base them and they will be ready to use. There really easy to make , I got 7 of them done in a couple hours after work the other night. Also when I add it all up they cost maybe a quarter a piece to make and look a lot better than anything I have seen for sale on the web.

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2410

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2411

Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 100_2412
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2011 - 5:17

COOL STUFF! The Skaven Warren has a suitably ratty feel to it, AND the trees are EXCELLENT. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2011 - 7:39

I like the skaven warren too.

Very nice work
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2011 - 13:32

Those trees are looking great.

I think you could make the skaven warren pop if you drybrush it lightly with a bone colour. I don't think just using two colours is enough on such a large piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dozer's buildings and scenery   Buildings - Dozer's buildings and scenery - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dozer's buildings and scenery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2