Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Looking for pirates?

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
superscenic
Festus Seep
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Festus Seep
Hero
Hero
Festus Seep

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

pirates - Looking for pirates? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 9:45

anybody looking for cool pirate miniatures should maybe check out this company:
http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/

under shop>miniatures there are some cool miniatures like goblins, undead and pirates
if you look under the heading freebooter fate there are even more mini's like goblin pirates etc.
Back to top Go down
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 10:57

They are very well sculpted. I cant read the site though, its in German and I cant see if there is any translate button.

If they are 28mm then the artist/s are really skilled. The Pirate females and small pirate goblins look really good.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Festus Seep
Hero
Hero
Festus Seep

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 11:20

I don't know how big they are, but if you look on the left below the links to the shop and gallerie there are small flags to change the language in english

Edit: when I clicked the english flag the first line read: Freebooter Miniatures is a small range of 30 mm metal-miniatures.... so they are 30mm.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 12:04

Freebooter minis are the work of Werner Klocke. They're BEAUTIFUL little pieces & fairly compatible in size to Citadel...they're also VERY expensive.
There are lots of Pirate minis available by companies like Bronze Age, Reaper (some of Reaper's are done be Werner K.), Ron & Bones (a little taller than G.W.). Putting up links would really depend on where you live: i.e., there isn't much point in posting a link to a site in the US if you're in Europe or Australia; SO ...where in the World are you? What a Face

Another little thing that virtually all the Pirate minis have in common is that they're style of dress is from the wrong century in comparison to the Mordheim look. Suspect
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 12:25

For pirates I would still recommend black scorpion mini's. Beautiful sculpt and they have both male and female pirates. Also, check out their undead/orc/dwarf pirates!
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 14:32

The Black Scorpion pirates are pretty nice. For the longest time I've been trying to decide between those or the Bronze Age Miniatures Female Pirates. I just wish I could see the Bronze Age minis up next to some GW minis to get an idea of how they fit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010 - 10:42

Rackham used to make some beautifull gobo pirates but these are kinda hard to find:

http://underthemountain.wordpress.com/athen%C3%A6um/aarklash-archive/factions/goblins-of-no-dan-kar/

look for the fillybusers and clan... coolest pirates i ever saw!
Back to top Go down
Handlebar
Warrior
Warrior
Handlebar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010 - 14:15

superscenic wrote:
They are very well sculpted. I cant read the site though, its in German and I cant see if there is any translate button.

If they are 28mm then the artist/s are really skilled. The Pirate females and small pirate goblins look really good.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/&ei=pv14TPuTKYO8lQeur-DrCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfreebooter%2Bminiatures%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Dv

For translate, I type in the basic URL of the site, and there's a "translate this..." option on my search results...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for pirates?   pirates - Looking for pirates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for pirates?
Page 1 of 1