Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Jester-Themed Warband

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SiliconSicilian
Veteran
Veteran
SiliconSicilian

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

warband - Jester-Themed Warband Empty
PostSubject: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 15:05

I am looking to make a conversion warband with Jesters and the circus as a theme. Originally, I was going to just use Skaven as the ruleset as they have access to skills and items that make them excellent climbers with thrown weapons as well.

There are going to be a number of other character types centered around entertaining and approaching the circus theme. Types couldl include Head Jester, Ringmaster (probably a caster,) Mime, Juggler, Acrobat, Strong Man (Rat Ogre/Ogre,) Circus Monkey (Rat w/ modified rules, or just very low level henchman,) Fire Eater, and Illusionist (again, caster.)

The one thing about this warband is that it is going to be truly centered around Jesters. That being jokes and cunning. Some of the rules will include: models will never charge a standing opponent, models will never shoot a downed opponent, opponents taken OOA in HtH treat injury rolls of 10's as 60's (will never be killed but extra chance of being captured.) Weapons will include Bolos, Nets, Batons (sceptres & juggling clubs,) Blinding Dust, Throwing Knives.

If you have any ideas for better character types or ideas for a base warband used, feel free to send me some feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siliconsicilian/sets/72157623710783
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 19:16

I think Skaven would be a good fit. High initiative and influence on light, quick attacks seems to fit pretty well.
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 22:08

Carnival of chaos would be the first thing to come to my mind? This is purely based on the looks of the models as you described them.
Back to top Go down
Davespaceman
Knight
Knight
Davespaceman

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 23:45

Back to top Go down
SiliconSicilian
Veteran
Veteran
SiliconSicilian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010 - 0:22

Okay, I downloaded the circus extraordinaire and will read it through. Carnival of Chaos just doesn't really do it for me as I think they would kill or maim anyone that they captured.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
Warrior
Warrior
skywatcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010 - 22:01

If you are looking for some unique clown/jester type miniatures check out Taban Miniatures. They have a gang called the Jokers. A little S&M but they look like great sculpts..
warband - Jester-Themed Warband Starter%20jokers
Back to top Go down
http://oppositionforce.blogspot.com/
SiliconSicilian
Veteran
Veteran
SiliconSicilian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010 - 0:39

They do look cool...but somewhat more violent than what I had in mind. I will take a look at their site, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jester-Themed Warband   warband - Jester-Themed Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jester-Themed Warband
Page 1 of 1