Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Empty
PostSubject: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr 2010 - 10:22

I showed my Bounty Hunter minis for an Ash Wastes campaign to my son a couple of weeks ago, and his immediate response was to ask if it was possible to play Orks in that setting. He then proceeded to ask if I could paint him a gang with some cool vehicles or riding beasts.

My first thought was to make something squiggothlike, but, believe it or not, I couldn't find any suiting plastic dinosaurs to use as the base for the conversion job! But my eyes then fell on something else in the toy store, and I begun to formulate a new plan...

"Hey Mek!"
"Yes Znagga?"
"Dem humies iz out in da wastes lookin fer stuff'n'junk. I'm taking a gang uv boyz out dere to loot an scrap. But we need a massive ride to git ta places, see? You build it!"
"Wut kinda ride?"
"Wuddeva. I heard sum uv da humies use looted rhinos."
"Rhinos, eh? I'll see wut I can do."

Right, this is the start!
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2002
I bought two Schleich-rhinos and glued a sprue to them, and then proceded to glue some cardboard to the sprue. I then added some further cardboard bits to it to make it look more ramshackle. I glued together a cannontower and added it to the middle of the platform.
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2003
I put some chains around the rhinos and the sprue.
Here's a top view:
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2004

Next I built the cannontower top. I wanted to make it pivotable, so I took a wheel from an old wartrakk, and glued it to the bottom, and fastened a pin on the top of the cannontower base.
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2005
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2006

This is the model that I'm going to use as spanner:
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2010

I then proceeded to make some makeshift sheds to put on the platform. I had some corrugated cardboard lying around, and used it to make it look like some scrapheap shack.
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) NEC_meet1_2011

I basecoated and painted it, and now it looks like this (the thing on the left in the first pic is a boarding plank - and yes: the boyz need some written instructions from time to time as they tend to get confused...):
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Wudd01
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Wudd02

We're going to use it as gigantic beast, with some of the vehicle rules applied.

Last edited by folketsfiende on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 19:27; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr 2010 - 11:10

VERY COOL! Funny thing is I got a pair of VERY similar Rhinos awhile back. I converted one for my Night Goblins...my dog converted the other one Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Suspect . With the addition of a two tier howdah, a bolt thrower, & crew The Land Waster, "Road Kill" Rosey was born. Your Ash Waste Rhinos have a lot of potential. Keep up the SPLENDID WORK! Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) 544694
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr 2010 - 15:58

DeafNala wrote:
Funny thing is I got a pair of VERY similar Rhinos awhile back. I converted one for my Night Goblins... With the addition of a two tier howdah, a bolt thrower, & crew The Land Waster, "Road Kill" Rosey was born.

PICS! PICS!
Hrm, I mean, pics or it didn't happen. (Damn folketsfiende, you gotta curb your enthusiasm...)
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 12:26

Nice Rhino powered orky means of transportation!! Love it Very Happy

DeafNala wrote:
VERY COOL! Funny thing is I got a pair of VERY similar Rhinos awhile back. I converted one for my Night Goblins...my dog converted the other one Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Suspect

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Lol Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Lol Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Lol it made me laugh out loud!!!
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 19:21

this is insane!
keep it up.
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeSun 8 Aug 2010 - 14:00

folketsfiende wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
Funny thing is I got a pair of VERY similar Rhinos awhile back. I converted one for my Night Goblins... With the addition of a two tier howdah, a bolt thrower, & crew The Land Waster, "Road Kill" Rosey was born.

PICS! PICS!
Hrm, I mean, pics or it didn't happen. (Damn folketsfiende, you gotta curb your enthusiasm...)

Sorry for the off topic, folketsfiende, but...

IT HAPPENED:

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) LuluTheLandWaster-01

See what they mean about watching what you ask for lest you get it. Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Affraid Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Suspect
For further photos: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/fantasy-wargames-f15/the-tale-of-lulu-the-land-waster-t4272.htm
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeMon 9 Aug 2010 - 9:03

[quote="DeafNala"]Sorry for the off topic, folketsfiende, but...

IT HAPPENED:

See what they mean about watching what you ask for lest you get it. Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Affraid Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Suspect
For further photos: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/fantasy-wargames-f15/the-tale-of-lulu-the-land-waster-t4272.htm[/quote]

Generally super-awesome. Udaman!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 11:07

The kid turns twelve this year, so I thought that one of his birthday gifts could be an addition to his 40K orks. What better then, than the new Ork Flyer? I present to you - the Dakkashark!

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet01
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet02
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet03
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet04

This model was very simple to assemble, and really fun to paint. I'm actually contemplating buying one more, building it as a bomber, sorry, I mean Bomma.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 13:18

DEFF FOM ABOVE! The idea of an Ork or, even better, a Goblin piloting a fighter bomber with their tenuous hold on reality is a truly frightening prospect. I like your color choices; & the "Flying Tiger" shark teeth look cool. VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup

Wish your son a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from moi! cheers
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 19:26

I reread the rules for the dakkajet, and realized it could have one more twinlinked supa shoota - although none came in the box. What to do? You ALWAYS need more DAKKA - that's a basic rule! So, I dug through the box, took the shootas from the grot gunner, and in an orky manner attached them to the nose of the plane. DAKKADAKKADAKKA!

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet05
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet06
Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Dakkajet07

DAKKADAKKADAKKA! WAAAGH!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 19:53

That's getting more BANG for your bucks...cool addition. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Hamster
Champion
Champion
Hamster

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 19:23

Whimper...

It looks realy good. Guess I have to se about getting some hevier weapons for my scavvies =)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)   Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wuddeva (and other Orky goodness)(new pics 120712)
Page 1 of 1