Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Whats it like where you live?

Go down 
+12
heylookitsmatt
Count Steinhart
Joker2and53
sartori
Captain Bernhardt
magokiron
Mithras
lord siwoc
Commander Von Drake
Milliardo
DeafNala
dwi
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
heylookitsmatt
Warrior
Warrior
heylookitsmatt

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010 - 15:57

I live in San Antonio, Texas. Most famous for being the home of the Alamo, an abandoned mission where many Texans fought to the death to win their independence from the Skaven Mexico, San Antonio is a pretty nice tourist spot. We also have a river running through the tourist sector flanked on both sides by very attractive stone walkways with bridges back and forth and lots of nice restaurants and shops and live music along the way.

It is typically pretty warm, but the Gulf of Mexico tends to throw some weird air our way every so often, so that makes the weather a little unpredictable, but its usually pretty mild. We also have a very large Spanish-speaking population and a rich Latin American heritage. We have one of the few Smithsonian Museums outside Washington D.C. which is dedicated to this cultural background.

We are within driving range of Austin, easily the best local music scene in Texas, possibly the whole South, and are home to the Spurs, a basketball team the locals will not shut up about. In all honesty, they really are a fantastic team, but my brother once said the Mavs (their rivals) were a better team and got sucker punched by someone who happened to overheard him. That's how seriously these people take the Spurs.

Since we are in Texas, just about everyone here is a Republican (members of America's conservative political party.) There's also quite a few people in cowboy hats listening to country music, and you're sure to see plenty of pickup trucks on the streets. As some of you may have heard, we like things big in Texas. I'm not sure why, but it does seem to be the case. Compared to people I've encountered in other parts of America, Texans are very friendly and well mannered, but I guess everyone seems nice when you've lived in Las Vegas!
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010 - 16:07

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 HPIM2948

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 HPIM2949

We got a bit of snow today.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010 - 19:51

@heylookitsmatt: Well, Pilgrim, looks like we may be neighbors soon...kind of. In all probability I'll be heading down to the Austin area [Horseshoe Bay] sometime in the next month or so. You have my condoleences. Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010 - 20:43

@lord siwoc: I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 0:00

I live just outside of Boston, Massachusetts. I'm currently going to school in Cambridge (Famous for Harvard which is not where I go, I'm in art school) its a pretty hip expensive area.

Its especially nice compared to where I grew up the next city over Somerville (slumerville). Somerville is really split into two halves east and west. East is the poor area with lots of immigrants and is really ugly and dirty. The west is nicer (still poor) with bigger houses and more green and there is a large influx of money forcing the old residents out, so the west side is getting more and more condos(which all look the same and are pretty ugly) and less old homes. One of the nicer things about Somerville is the large number of artists who come here because its still close to Boston but its not as expensive to live in as the neighboring cities. Somerville was at one point the most densely populated city in the U.S about 300,000 people in 4 square miles. Today its more like 80,000.

We used to have a GW but it went out of business I didn't go there much anyway cause we had a way cooler store called Your Move Games. That store is still around but it switched locations and just doesn't have the playing space.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 9:45

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 PhpJs0ylI-1943

this is where I live, Amsterdam - the Netherlands - we were spared the hardships Rotterdam faced during the second world war, and therefore still have all of our old city and monuments.
I live right across this park (third house from the right in the middle block) so I have a rather open view, as if I were in a town. but after a 2 minute walk I'm in such environment:
Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Jordaan

the whole city:
Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Amsterdam_airphoto

Though largely built on water/swamp we can overcome that (this is normally a canal, but with so many boats/dingys/rafts around, festivals turn it into a floating concerthall:
Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Main.php?g2_view=core

Even though to most we are famous for our legalized drugs and prostitution - not all of the city is packed with that, and in fact a lot of that has been cleaned out (a shame to my mind as they now take refuge in the illegal circuit, meaning worse conditions, bad goods, and more accidents or exploitation of people... but that's what you get for teaming up with the rest of Europe where they frown upon our behaviour.)

Amsterdam is a rather small city with under 800.000 inhabitants, though it is bustling with life. Creativity is widely supported, and a lot of small to big creative businesses call it their homeport. With so many initiatives we have plenty of events and festivals here, and everyday (save for a tuesday) can host good nights of entertainment if you know where to look... so I'm never bored here! (just slightly tired of lack of sleep! Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 11:16

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Frankfurt-bankenviertel

I live in Frankfurt am Main, Europes financial capital... the above is roughly the view I get when climbing on the roof in summertime.

It's quite cool here, even though Frankfurt isn't really a typical student's city like all our old university towns. I got fortunate with my new home, being just 10 minutes of walking away from university and the city center, so no complaints there Smile

Before that, I lived at a boarding school in eastern Germany:

Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 S005g

Quite a change, eh?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Sinister
Veteran
Veteran
Mr_Sinister

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 12:13

Colder than a witches teat and snow up to my eyeballs. Not that it stops me from grabbing a kiddie sleigh and toss myself off the nearest slope though.
(gratuitous mental image of a large bearded skinhead tumbling down the hill screaming profanities. You're welcome)
Back to top Go down
http://geekinwolvesclothing.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats it like where you live?   Whats it like where you live? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats it like where you live?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2