Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

pit fighters. new versions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

pit fighters. new versions Empty
PostSubject: pit fighters. new versions   pit fighters. new versions Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 15:34

i have been making some pit fighters and made some rules for a pit fighter with a sword and shield. and one with a net.

so here they are.

pit fighter swordsman.
30 gc to hire +15 upkeep.

may be hired by any warband apart from undead and skaven.

rating. +22

profile m ws bs s t w i a ld
4 4 3 4 4 1 4 1 7

equipmnt. sword, shield.

special rules.

shield bash:once every other turn he may use his shield like a extra hand weapon, if he wounds a enemy he stuns on a 2-4 instead of 3-4.
____________________________________________________________________________________

pit fighter netter.
30gc to hire +15gc

may be hired by any warband apart from undead and skaven.

rating. +22

profile m ws bs s t w i a ld
4 4 3 4 4 1 4 1 7

equipment. spear, net.

special rules.

net throw:once every other turn he may throw his net at a enemy, on a roll of 5-6 it knocks the enemy down, to try to escape he must roll 5-6. he takes this at the begining of his turn.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

so what do you think? pit fighters. new versions Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: pit fighters. new versions   pit fighters. new versions Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 21:36

maybe for shield bash he may opt to use it effectually as a mace but if he chooses to do so he forfits the armor save. as for the netter maybe once every combat he may forfit his regular attacks to try and net an opponent which is done at his ballistic skill if it hits both models must take opposing str checks should the victim pass he is not subdued and will fight on as normal, should he fail he will be treated as knocked down until he can pass an opposed str check. the pit fighter will be at a -1 attack to a minimum of 1 as long as he has a foe trapped in a net. when an opponent breaks free roll a d6 on a 1 or 2 the net is destroyed, reguardless of what happens to the net the pit fighter will have one at the beginning of every battle.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: pit fighters. new versions   pit fighters. new versions Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 22:19

What about giving the netter a trident (spear that can parry)?

For Shield Bash, I think if anything it should have an increased likelihood of causing a less severe injury, since it's not designed as a weapon, and would suggest -1 to injury rolls (i.e. 1-3 knocked down, 4-5 stunned, and 6 out of action).

You could keep it at striking every other turn, although personally I tend to forget things like that, so maybe instead say it can be used every melee but always strikes last, and at -1 strength or -1 to hit? So it's a much less effective attack, but has a chance of catching the guy off-guard nonetheless.

Otherwise I like the idea a lot! Pit fighters really should have varied equipment.

EDIT: Don't let my suggestions discourage you, it's easy for fellow forum goers to say "hey, cool rules" and go on without posting anything. My recommendations are just that - not anything essential or necessary, just my thoughts. I do think that this is a genuinely cool idea, and the fact that originally I only posted potential changes doesn't show that I like the idea regardless. So, aside from any suggestions I made, nice job on some interesting house rules!

Last edited by Myntokk on Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 8:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: pit fighters. new versions   pit fighters. new versions Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 7:54

Back when I wrote a Tilean Warband for Mordheim, I included the smield smash. It looked like this and was a Special Skill choice:

Shield Smash

The warrior has learned the art of using the shield as a weapon.
The warrior has trained to integrate his shield into his fighting style. When using a
Shield or Buckler in hand-to-hand combat, he may make a single additional
attack resolved at the warriors Strength. The Shield Smash cannot cause
critical hits.

I can say, though, Myntokk's idea works very well too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pit fighters. new versions   pit fighters. new versions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pit fighters. new versions
Page 1 of 1