Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Converted Witch Hunters

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Converted Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:33

here is my converted Wtich Hunter captain and Warrior Priest. The Captain is an old Imperial wizard. Incidently, after converting the model, I found an exactly identical one made by another player online! The Warrior Priest and Dogs come form the same pack (dog handler from Confrontation I think) with the hammer converted from the Imperial General plastic multipart.

Converted Witch Hunters Witchhunters01

Converted Witch Hunters Witchhunter02

I see now that I need to repaint some pieces on the handle... and some other bad areas Razz

Whaddaya think otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:46

Cool I just bought 2 blisters of the doghandler and his 3muts for the same reason! Nice paintjob/convertions too!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 14:03

Thx a lot! Ive seen many buiy this pack instead of the normal Warhounds, which cost a fortune!!! These look a lot more dangerous too, an angry Rottweiler is the most scary dog of all!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 14:17

The GW War Doggies DO leave a LOT to be desired, BUT the Rackham Dog IS Ubercool...vicious but cool nonetheless. The Lads are looking GOOD...any chance of another photo of the Captain? VERY WELL DONE! Converted Witch Hunters 544694
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 15:39

Ill see what I can do. Just need to patch up the paint-job a bit first, though. And thx.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 15:49

Good idea using the wizard like that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 16:01

Hey Nala,

here's the original dog handler

Converted Witch Hunters Doghan10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 16:49

Yeah, thats the exact model I bought. You get three dogs and the handler, all in all. The parchment was the thing that made me think about him as a witch hunter, and the plain grim look as well.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 17:11

got 2 sets myself (wanted 6 dogs Converted Witch Hunters Icon_biggrin ) ; was planning on keeping one as the dog handler, and make the other a witch hunter or so (guess you beat me to it !)
i'm a bit scared about painting the dogs ; i want them in a black & brown scheme, but think i won't be good at painting animals ...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:07

Well, myself, I am a crappy painter, but these dogs look really good, even for being painted by me! I never experienced ANY difficulty painting them, and the job almost did itself once I had the base colours done.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:21

Could someone provide a link to where these models can be purchased?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:27

Well, I dont know of any other sites than www.gamemaniacs.se but that is a swedish site, and the only one I ever use. They've got pretty much everything you could ask for, these dogs amongst others.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:31

sure thing ; i found them really cheap on a french website where they are clearing out rackham's metal stock
http://www.ludikbazar.com/index.php?cPath=460_4271_542
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:48

Er, what exactly is the product called? I can't find it for the life of me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 20:05

"Dog handler and Molossers" they are calle don the site I purchased them from.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 20:14

I'm sorry ; I can't seem to find it myself.
On my last visit, they had sub divisions in the confrontation range, but they seem to have deleted it.
They have 1814 products without sub division ... sigh !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 20:16

heh, tough luck. But thats what they are called, it even says so on the Play Card you get.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 20:29

Dang, these models are hard to find. If I had known when I was young that I'd be into miniatures I would have learned French or Swedish instead of Latin. I may be out of luck, they seem to be pretty oop. I did manage to find them on Game Maniacs but I can't even figure out if they ship to the US. Daaang.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 20:32

Hero, I think the best you can do is search for us sites who stocked the Rackham metal range.
Or you can find at a normal price, or you get lucky and find a store that's selling out at bottom prices.
or ... you can't find it ... Converted Witch Hunters Suspect

there are sites in europe that ship to the us, but i haven't got the faintest idea what the shipping prices are

sorry i can't help you any further

cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 16:12

So, here's my witch hunter heroes and their wardogs. My new "photo gallery" worket out great, and I like the photo. What do you think?

Converted Witch Hunters Witchhunterheroes
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 18:07

VERY COOL! The former Wizard turned out TERRIFIC...actually they ALL did. The Rackham Dogs are GREAT LOOKING minis; they add a lot to the feel of the War Band. WELL DONE! Converted Witch Hunters 544694

What do you have planned for the bases? Converted Witch Hunters Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 18:14

Well, I will just add some art-gravel I bought in store. It kinda looks like a mix of gravel and dried leaves, which makes for a good effect. Though my Heroes should be given better bases. Truth be told, I have never really cared about bases, except painting them brown.

Any suggestions? Anything would be welcome!
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 20:39

hey Opheliate

you really should work on the bases as well !
Your painting work seems rather good (bit difficult to see on the above pic), but plain brown bases tear your work down.
Just look at the difference with the ones where you put some simple gravel on ; almost no extra work at all, but the overall appearance is so much better.
It's "finished" ; as to the plain brown ones ... well ... erm ...
You can further add some simple things like a piece of timber, some leafs, ... anything you can think of really ... anything that would be littering the Mordheimish ground ...

cheers & keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 7:21

Thanks for the tips, Pascal. I will definately look into making more dramatic bases. I have a friend who cuts out cobblestone from thick paper sheets, maybe I'll look into that? Smile
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 20:00

you can do anything you want ; your imagination is the limit !
for cobblestone I just use some polyfilla filler or some green stuff ; just a few lines and 3 drybrushing stages and you have a stone floor
indeed, you can just cut up some cardboard and make a little pavement on your base
pieces of tree bark make for great rockside cliffs
just look at my avatar ; it was a beautiful mini, but with the ugly round metal base attached to it (the circle fitted into a square plastic base). I just painted it brown, added a few streaks, et voila, I've got a trapdoor. With the added green tentacle coming from a hole in the ground the poor lady didn't noticed, she will be attacked from behind
was really simple to make, but tells a whole other story than just a plain brown base, don't you think ?
To be honest, I've got little ideas of my own ; I just score the net to find inspiration. You could start by looking on cool mini or not, or just look at the websites that sell pre-fabricated bases.
The only pre-fabricated ones I ever bought were some like these (I didn't see myself making those ...)

Converted Witch Hunters 25mm_a10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converted Witch Hunters   Converted Witch Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converted Witch Hunters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next