Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Increasing Dwarf movespeed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragannia

Dragannia

Trading Reputation : 0

dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Empty
PostSubject: Increasing Dwarf movespeed   dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 2:49

I've got a Pit Fighters warband and my set up is to get an Ogre and all my heroes with Sprint. However, while the Dwarf Troll Slayer is formidable, he's too slow to keep up. I only know of a few ways to boost his move speed - Crimson Shade but he'll still be too slow. The other way I can think of to keep him up with the 12" move speed is to roll quintuple 5s on the exploration, give him Academic skills, give him Arcane Lore and get him a Tome of Magic, and get Flight of Zimmerman, but that's highly unlikely. Are there any other ways of speeding him up (bar an allied Eye of God or something)?
Back to top Go down
wyldhunt
Elder
Elder
wyldhunt

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Dwarf movespeed   dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 2:58

You could give him Elf Boots, though he'd be ridiculed to no end by any other Dwarf he happened to meet...

Alternately, and just as funny, get him a Mule (see Blazing Saddles in Mordheim Annual 2002) - just make sure he dismounts close to battle before charging.

Use The Great Library scenario (see http://www.mordheimer.com 's scenario list) as another way to possibly get an Academic Skill for him.

Let him be your "follow-up" counter-charger behind a screen of henchmen whose sole purpose is to tie up some targets for him to hit.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/wyldhauntsmordheim
Dragannia

Dragannia

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Dwarf movespeed   dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 5:07

Ah I should have mentioned, the only sources allowed are Rulebook, Pit Fighters, Orcs and Goblins, Dwarf Treasuer Hunters, the supplemetary mercenaries, Opulent Goods and Show Me The Money.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Dwarf movespeed   dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 2:05

Short answer: if you're set on having a speedy warband with all-sprinting heroes then leave the dwarf out. Some of your henchmen will eventually get promoted to heroes to fill in those last slots.

If you really want him in the warband though, I think Elf Boots are your best shot at keeping him up to speed. Even then he won't be nearly as fast though. As Wyldhunt said, I would use him as a second-round charger - leave him behind and he can move as fast as his little dwarf legs will carry him. After the rest of the warband has been tied up in combat for a round or two WHAM! in comes the crazy dwarf for a little mid-battle umph.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Dwarf movespeed   dwarf - Increasing Dwarf movespeed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increasing Dwarf movespeed
Page 1 of 1