Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)

Go down 
+18
Bratzor
xarly22
MyLittlePwny
Myntokk
Tagnator
No Time
Paluke
catferret
Trulsa
KRUG_666
matt
Pfreck
Arathorn
DeafNala
lord siwoc
Ezekiel
cianty
Eliazar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 14:37

Kickass! looking great Eli!
that's one angry looking horse he's got!
love the looks, though some of the paint seems a bit dry?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 15:57

VERY COOL & BARBARIC! As has been said, that is one ticked off looking horse. They're all painting up in a SPECTACULAR manner. The only critique, & this is probably just one of my hangups like Ezekiel's obsession with mold lines, the gap between the shoulders & arms caused by the magnets, I guess, gives them an action toy look. Other than that, GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 16:17

well Alan, technically they still ARE toy soldiers no matter what we try and make of them in our obsessions to make beautifully stunning conversions and paintjobs... Smile but yeah, I see what you mean... also kind of depends on the type of model, and the pose of the arm I guess? I have some of those problems with my models as well, but luckily the empire cooldudes have puffy sleeves, so you don't see it too much...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010 - 16:36

Ezekiel wrote:
well Alan, technically they still ARE toy soldiers no matter what we try and make of them in our obsessions to make beautifully stunning conversions and paintjobs... Smile but yeah, I see what you mean... also kind of depends on the type of model, and the pose of the arm I guess? I have some of those problems with my models as well, but luckily the empire cooldudes have puffy sleeves, so you don't see it too much...

Using the magnets (one of the Guys I know uses clothing snaps) is an EXCELLENT idea for minis that have the possibility of a weapon upgrade; there are times when aesthetics must yield to practicality. AND ACTUALLY, I was assuming they were magnetized; G.W. seems to have a problem blending bare arms & torsos. The Catachan I.G. & most of the Marauder minis that are featured in their promo photos all seem to suffer from the action toy look even without the magnets. On models with clothing, as you said, the gap is less noticeable &, even if evident, it could be taken as a seam where two pieces of cloth are joined.

As long as I'm dragging us off topic, the word "toy" didn't originally imply an object to be played with. It referred to any small object...that's why small dogs are called toy whatevers. That's my bit of esoterica for the day. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010 - 20:18

looking good mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010 - 23:56

Thanks for the comments!

I don't understand what you mean with dry looking paint, though, Ezekiel?

The lack of blending of arms and torsos is something I am not too happy about either... I spend a lot of time trying to do it as good as I can and I think I made the best out of what the plastic kit had to offer and what I am able to do Very Happy And magnetized arms are way cooler, anyway Wink Still, I'm looking forward to trying the magnetizing on empire stuff, as this seems a little more promising when it comes to blending.

I was away during the weekend and on top of it got sick, so I did not manage to do too much work on the warband, which is a pity as I wanted to finish them rather sooner than later, but now it seems that I have to come up with a good plan to make it on (yet do be devised) schedule Very Happy

Still, I got the first half of the modelling on the condemned done, now he just needs some feathers on his back instead of the fur:

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Condem10

I eventuaelly decided to magnetize his arms so I can create some more mutations for him (which can also be used on mutated marauders) and because I wanted to perhaps use the same model once his changing stopped.

Also, I dug out an old centigor model to have the chance to hire a hired sword should income allow it:

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Centig10
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 0:56

The Condemned is probably THE COOLEST member of the Hung. VERY NICE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 4:01

Don't know how I missed this one before.

I have to say that I rather like the conversions you have here. It sparks a few ideas of my own. Vikings for example :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep 2010 - 18:45

Small update, the back of the condemned. THe feathers will be Tchar colours and the fur red for Arkhar, to represent the struggle of the two gods in the condemned's body. Also, I noticed that my condemned seems to be the exact opposite to cianty's Very Happy

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Condem10
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep 2010 - 22:22

Wow dude... just wow awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep 2010 - 23:16

NICE BIT OF G.Sing! The REALLY IMPRESSIVE thing about all your minis is the though behind them, taking the background material & making it real...VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Sep 2010 - 22:04

so calling out "CHICKEN!" during the games would be justified?! Very Happy
looking good man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4