Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
black mantis
Champion
Champion
black mantis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband Empty
PostSubject: 2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband   2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 4:18

Played a second game. It was very fun. Cianty gave me the link for the Chaos on the Streets supplement for groups - i will read that before next game!

Mostly my warband was just shot at like crazy by my friend's goblins. Kind of rough since i only have 1 shooter. The scenario was for four warbands. Each started on the a table quarter and tried to reach the nearest of 5 buildings to search for wyrdstones. No one found one upon searching so the remaining building automatically had the stones in it (on second floor of building next to the archer nightgoblins with a squig and troll. I fear that troll on account of his vomit attacks.

All the other warbands of my friends are shooters too: lizards (darned skinks!), Kergan Marauders, Shadow warriors, Wood elfs, Skavens with slings -- you get the picture.

My centaur has a 2 handed weapon (which is best for adv criticals?) and still almost got taken out by a worthless squig.

What are some strategies for playing chaos dwarfs against shooty warbands? So far my best strategy seems to be to hunker down and hide or walk in cover toward a place to hide.

My plans are to get some more informants with slings and eventually a blunderbusser! Those guys seem very cool.

We ended the game prematurely on account of it being so late but it was still fun. Looking forward to playing again!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: 2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband   2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 15:57

Blunderbusses! I have no experience with the warband but you are in a world of arrows and sling stones there! Duck and cover and pick off stragglers! Wink

good luck!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband   2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 17:25

If you had fun, you were VICTORIOUS! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband   2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd game with Black Dwarf Warband
Page 1 of 1