Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)

Go down 
+5
hero
Nastyogre
conan the ballbearing
DeafNala
Wolfen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Empty
PostSubject: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 12:07

I plan on putting together a Norse type warband with a twist. They will be worshippers of Ulric and will probably use the Ostlander rules, with everything suitably renamed. For example they would have access to a Wolf Shaman instead of a Priest of Taal, whose spells/prayers would have names like Wolf Pounce and Ulric's Mead instead of Stags Leap and Blessed Ale etc... They will be of the tribe of Rus, whose founder was a demi-god named Lem'an (Can you tell where my inspiration comes from yet) The real reason I am putting this together is cos I wanted an excuse to use this model:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WolfOgre2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WolfOgre3

So he will take the place of the Ogre and be Ulric's Avatar or something like that. I will be using this guy as the Jarl for the warband:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Jarl1

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Jarl2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Jarl3

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Jarl4

Thats it for now. I will probably post some WIPs of my Witch Hunter warband later on.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 12:27

I CAN identify; I built an entire Norse Dwarf War Band around an Ogre I REALLY liked. AND the Wolf Guy [Rackham?] REALLY ROCKS! EXCELLENT job on your Jarl; the Crom mini looks SOOO MUCH BETTER bare headed; the red hair suits the mini perfectly. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
conan the ballbearing
Veteran
Veteran
conan the ballbearing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 16:11

Sounds like a cool idea, i have quite a few of these Rackham wolfen minis and am still uncertain as to how to use them. I like your idea and think you are going to have one awesome warband once its done and i can't wait to see the end result
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 22:30

Thanks guys. Here is the first of the Wolf Guard, they will be the champions of the warband.

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WolfGuard1

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WolfGuard2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WolfGuard4

And as promised here are the Witch Hunters. First is Captain Enoch Blackthorn:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WHCapt1

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WHCapt2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WHCapt3

Next is Jeremiah Kane:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH1

Then Isaiah Kyd:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH3

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH4

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH5

Finally Abram Knox, as every Witch Hunter warband needs someone with fire:

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH6

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH7

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH8

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) WH9

As you can see I altered their pilgrim hats slightly to resemble oversize fedoras, kind of like Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing wears. The last guy, I sculpted the hat completely by myself which is why it is out of proportion and looks too big for his head. Oh well, guess I need some more practise.

The rest of the warband will be made up of the 3 Rackham dogs that came with dog handler mini that I used for the last witch hunter, some plastic flagellants and the Avatars of War warrior priest. I am still looking for another dog mini so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 1:04

Its been a LONG time since I posted anything but I've been working on my "Space Wolf" warband recently. I have decided to run them using the Beastmen rules so the Confrontation wolf mini will replace the minotaur. I am i n the process of writing up the fluff and renaming everything accordingly. Anyway here is the first wolf model for the warband (act as Chaos hound)

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Wolf1

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Wolf2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Wolf3

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Wolf4

And here is the first Bondsman (act as Ungor)

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman1

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman2

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman3

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman4

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman5

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman6

His arms and head are just temporarily attached and he will also have a large beastman shield.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 2:26

Very cool stuff! I especially like the bondsman.
The hats are great! Most folks have a hard time keeping them from looking too big. All of yours look great. The last one could be trimmed a bit, but other than that the Fedora's look really cool.
Can't wait to see your progress.
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 18:29

What line is the witchhunter with the hammer from? Looks wonderful. Or is he a kitbash?
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 20:06

Nastyogre wrote:
What line is the witchhunter with the hammer from? Looks wonderful. Or is he a kitbash?

He is the Abram Duskwalker figure from reaper. The original model (seen here http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/abram/latest/02861) has a sword and hammer, I switched the sword for the pistol.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 21:43

WOW! You certainly have accumulated quite a group of VERY COOL minis. Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK! Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) 544694
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Apr 2010 - 22:12

Is the wolf body from the LoTR wargs? I remember looking at the wargs and rejecting them because of their funny faces, never thought of doing what you did there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Apr 2010 - 4:07

hero wrote:
Is the wolf body from the LoTR wargs? I remember looking at the wargs and rejecting them because of their funny faces, never thought of doing what you did there.

Yep, LOTR warg with regular wolf head. I think its much better looking than the regular wolf and its almost big enough for a human rider. Almost but not quite enough...

Here is bondsman number 2. The shield arm is temporarily attached to give an idea of the finished model

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman7

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman8

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman9

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Bondsman10

Also, I am busy putting together an Ogre for my Witch Hunters. He will be covered in sigmarite paraphernelia. I am also adding a hat to him and wanted to ask do you think I should make an ogre sized hat for him or use a small one that he has taken from a regular person, ie:
Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Hat

Finally here is a shot of my floor while I am working on these projects, sprues everywhere!

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Floor
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Apr 2010 - 15:17

That hat looks just fine to me, giving him a bigger one would make it look odd in my opinion. Great stuff mate keep us up to date!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Apr 2010 - 15:38

LOVE the Ogre with the hat...he looks like one of the Blues Brothers. VERY IMAGINATIVE WORK! Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) 544694
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr 2010 - 19:16

I like the small hat. It reeks of personality. Great work on everything so far. Is that a Warg body for the wolf?
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr 2010 - 3:39

Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr 2010 - 12:59

That is awesome! Going to have "Ivar Forkbeard" Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) 16907 and other such featured gor torvaldslanders?

What minis are you using for the freemen? (sorry i'm a bit of a mini n00b, always enjoyed the customising and terrain stuff, but never got big into the game... yet)
Back to top Go down
http://xiii.org.uk
Wolfen
Warrior
Warrior
Wolfen

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr 2010 - 17:30

XIII wrote:

What minis are you using for the freemen? (sorry i'm a bit of a mini n00b, always enjoyed the customising and terrain stuff, but never got big into the game... yet)

They are a mix of Chaos Warrior, Marauders and SpaceWolf parts. I am also using Beastmen parts put those arent up yet.
Back to top Go down
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2010 - 6:34

I agree with Mr.chair, the small hat looks infinitely better than a larger, ogre-sized hat. Over all they look awesome! Keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)   Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfen's WIP stuff (Large pics inside)
Page 1 of 1