Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

orc paint scheme idea help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tuxedokman
General
General
tuxedokman

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

orc paint scheme idea help Empty
PostSubject: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 21:39

so i'm redoing my orc warband and i'm thinking about making very different from the normal warband you see roaming mordheim. instead of night goblins i'm using forest goblins and my orc shamen is that crazy looking tiki shaman (comes riding a boar but i converted him to stand on his own). anyway i want that half of my warband to have a different feel, like orange skin, or grey skin...yellow maby? i dunno.. what color schemes have you seen on forest and savage goblins that have stood out as really cool? as of now i'm leaning tword orange/yellow, but i dont know if it would really look good on the tiki orc..
Back to top Go down
http://neeel.com
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 21:55

Brown skin for them. Orange and yellow in their clothing.

That could very well do I think
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
tuxedokman
General
General
tuxedokman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 1:01

i thought these guys were pretty good, i would of course improve on them

orc paint scheme idea help Img4879e47ddc158orc paint scheme idea help Img486cda25de0d5
Back to top Go down
tuxedokman
General
General
tuxedokman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 1:02

(these arnt mine, i found them on cool mini or not) didnt know they'd post here so big Razz
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 5:10

As nice as those models are, i can not imagine painting green skins anything but green! orc paint scheme idea help 120792

I would go with a lesser used shade of green, maybe use camo or catachan green as a base with a brown wash and add grey to the base color for highlights... This is off the top of my head but you get the idea. One thing you should focus on is warpaint/tribal tatoos if you are going the forest goblin and savage orc route. you could cover much of the skin with these colorful markings so the overall model has less green, but they are still "greenskins."
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 5:57

Snakebite Leather or an equivalent light brown should work. I seem to remember that colour being used on some space orks in a really old White Dwarf (late 80s/early 90s).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 10:44

After thirty something years of painting green Orcs & Goblins, the basic stupidity of the color has finally gotten to moi also...SO I'm playing around with a reddish brown highlighted with a burnt orange. The triad, using Americana paints, is Heritage Brick/Georgia Clay/Canyon Orange. The result looks good & NATURAL.

Stealing an idea from fellow Forumite, Asp [thanks, Amigo ], I'm thinking of doing my Night Goblins Milk Chocolate/Honey Brown/Sand, which give them a palid, Albino-like coloration. Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
tuxedokman
General
General
tuxedokman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 11:24

this is good, i like all the input on this since i'm trying to do somthing new...

deafnaia: do you have any pix of your color experimentations?

as for the warpaint tribal markings

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
One thing you should focus on is warpaint/tribal tattoos if you are going the forest goblin and savage orc route. "

i was gunna keep it to a minimum maby one or two max on the gobos, but i was looking very forward to using lots of warpaint on my FOREST/SAVAGE SQIUGS!!

with anyluck i'll start painting tomarrow, and post some pix
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 11:46

Sadly, no photos...YET. I'm photographically impaired [read: idiot Suspect ] with a Demonically Possessed Camera from HELL that HATES me [damned good taste for a camera I'd say Suspect ].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: orc paint scheme idea help   orc paint scheme idea help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

orc paint scheme idea help
Page 1 of 1