Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Empty
PostSubject: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 3:43

We playtested Space Marine and Tau squads today and they went very well.

Overall, no major changes. Just some clafication and pricing amounts.

The Space Marine squad did very well there were only 5 members and they proved very good but two models were taken OOA.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 9:58

the marines couldnt loose men, they shuold have an auto win button Very Happy but i'm bias.

Good to see more squads coming out for the game for variety. finally my squad can come out and play

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 11:15

COOL! Tau & Dead Space Nazis, erm...Marines. Any plams for Kroot?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 11:18

Yes Smile

They're currently WIP.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 17:23

As Eliziar noted they are being worked on and the people working on them are in the Netherlands. They have done an excellent job. Pricing is the next thing to work on for them and a "flying" thing. I am sure there are a few other things but again, no major red flags.

With Eliziar's, Borvo, and others we have the Tau pretty well lined up. The Tau played well last night and they were doing some serious damage to my Scouts. I chose not to use cover and run straight ahead to engage in HTH. The Tau took out my Veteran Sarge Leader and my Scout Sarge. If it was a real campaign, he "captured" my Veterean Sarge Leader. LOL. The great thing about this game just like in MOrdheim even though you "win" the scenario you may not really "win".

The Scouts did well. They are costing and i only field 5 models. A few adjustments and they are pretty good.

Blackjack13 wrote some great "fluff" and intro for the Space marine Scouts and Eldar. He also put in cool story on the Renegades.

I won't have any battle report updates as we are concentrating on playtesting new squads.

Dark Eldar are put on paper but we just need time to playtest.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 17:25

@Duce...I will post the Space Marine Scout rules on the DS forum so you can check them out when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 15:04

The Kroot have landed! Figuratively and symbolically.

The Kroot will have their own squad. Yes, there will be a couple of Kroot that can tag along with the Tau but after talking to a few people Magnus started working on a Kroot only squad and pulled info from a White Dwarf 266. We found some more fan based info on the Kroot and the squad is almost worked up. Costing for fighters and wargear is needed along with fine tuning the Kroot equipment.

The Kroot will have one that can fly, abliet pricey and rare.

Underheit(miss spelled) on this forum had some pictures of his Kroot that he converted for flyers and we drew some inspiration from his work.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 15:18

YES! The Kroot are up there with the Orks as my favorite Space Beasties...LOVE them 40K Cannibals. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 17:39

Very cool! SM Scouts is one I was hoping for when I first read about your project. Any chance of genestealer cultists? My group is looking forward to giving it a go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 21:40

Thanks for the feedback.

The Kroot only squad is a lot like what the Catachan Squad is going to be, if that makes sense. The Kroot will be a fun squad but will be a more pricey one, as will be their equipment. This is a very "varied" squad with some unique things. I believe this one will continue to "evolve" over time (Pun intended, for those that don't know Kroot eat their dead enemies to take DNA traits).

The Scouts are pretty much there. They do come with some very distinct advantages but with the pricing and giving Scouts a lot of experience so you play against them you will gain some valuable "underdog" experience will help make up for it. When we playtested criticals will definitely "even" this squad out and with only a handful of models and you can not voluntary route unless 50% are gone. Yes, that is step but since when do Space Marines run with their tail between their legs? There must be trade offs for all their genetic abilities and weapons.

@Mike
Do you have a gaming group to try them out?

Genestealer cult will be coming but down the road, we have four squads done and we are working on four currently. I would be them a few months out.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 1:41

We have a core gaming group of five with a couple who float in and out. I was interested in play testing but didn't inquire because with summer starting we do alot of outdoor activities and gaming slows until fall. Would love to help but cannot guarantee more than 2 games a month until fall and we get back into it.

I dabbled in 40k, collected a genestealer cult for my teen, and have SM Scouts, and Orks too.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 5:03

Mike...Ok, keep me posted , would like to see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau   Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Squads Space Marine Scouts and Tau
Page 1 of 1