Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Assorted New-ish Skills

Go down 
+2
Ethlorien
Asp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

Assorted New-ish Skills Empty
PostSubject: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009 - 23:19

Assorted skills that was brainstormed. Some inspired from around the net.

COMBAT SKILLS

Battle Tide: Warrior is Immune to Panic and enemies that fail Panic tests agaist him take 2 automatic hits with the weapon of Warrior's choice, rather than the normal 1.

Combat Sense: Warrior automatically passes Initiative tests for charging non-visible enemies (that are behind a wall, around a corner etc.) and may successfully charge non-visible enemies up 6" away. (Instead of the normal 4".) – (Hidden warriors cannot be charged.)

Duellist: If warrior is fighting another hero and there are no other warriors involved, warrior gains +1 A on profile.

Trample: Warrior's mount has +1 A on profile the turn it charges. (No effect if mount has no attacks.)

SHOOTING SKILLS

Mounted Marksman: Warrior ignores the penalty for 'Moving and Shooting' while mounted. (Warrior must still be able to move and fire his weapon.)

Headshot: Critical wounds warrior inflicts with pistols (any kind) or Throwing Knifes are tripled to three wounds. (Pistols fired in close combat are also affected.)

ACADEMIC SKILLS

Animal Trainer: At the start of each battle, nominate one animal in your warband. That animal has +1 WS for the duration of this battle. If by Skaven, up to three Giant Rats may be affected.

Charlatan: If warrior did no go out of action roll 3D6 when looking for Henchman Experience and pick any two.

(Bonus: If warrior is wearing Cathayan Silks, roll 4D6 and pick any two.)

Channel: A wizard may extend a wound in order to cast a spell with 3D6 rather than the normal 2D6. Cannot be used if the wizard has 1 Wound left.

Lockpick: Warrior treats results of Captured and Sold to the Pits as Full Recovery instead.

STRENGTH SKILLS

Great Swing: Critical wounds that warrior inflicts with Great Weapon, Flail or Lance are tripled to three wounds.

Scar Dog: Hero gains an additional +1 experience each time he survives a roll on the Heroes' Serious Injury Chart (D66)

SPEED SKILLS

Battle Jump:
When making diving charges, warrior only has to pass a single Initiative for jumping down and gains an additional +1 A the first round of combat. (For a total of +1 S and +1 A.)

Fleet Footed: Warrior has +1 M on profile.

Scout: Warrior may make one free move before the battle begins. (He may run or climb as opportunity permits, but he may not charge.)

Last edited by Asp on Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009 - 23:23

Ahhh, this is the stuff I love about you, Asp. The ideas! This is the type of stuff I like playing with when it comes to Mordheim rules.

Charlatan / Scout - those are good. Smile
Back to top Go down
lockthor
Warrior
Warrior
lockthor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr 2009 - 2:19

nice skills
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr 2009 - 2:30

Oooh, thanks for sharing. I really like Scout and Charlatan as well (and duelist has fun flavor to it).

Lockpick seems a bit specific (has an effect 1/16 times the hero goes OOA), not to mention that being sold to the pits is often a good thing.

And Fleet Footed seems maybe a bit too good as it can combine with sprint or leap.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 18:34

I feel that the 3x wounds is a bit over the top perhaps? I'd rather see for the Headshot rule that you crit. on a 5-6. And for the Great Swing, you perhaps may use the strength bonus for flail/morning star two times instead of one.

The Fleet footed is really nice though...
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 19:46

Have you had a chance to use any of these in your games, yet?

I like the Animal Trainer as well, but feel perhaps the bonus shouls only apply if that chosen animal stays within X" of the trainer. Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 1:07

Popmouth wrote:
I feel that the 3x wounds is a bit over the top perhaps? I'd rather see for the Headshot rule that you crit. on a 5-6. And for the Great Swing, you perhaps may use the strength bonus for flail/morning star two times instead of one.

Statistically, critting on a 5-6 will cause ~33% more wounds than the 3x wounds rule. I think it's fine as it is and the 5-6 rule would be a bit too powerful.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 1:56

The 3x wounds: It makes sense if you use the original, "Crit=2 wounds rules." My group uses the Opt Crit table. In that case, I'd add a "roll 2 dice, and choose the higher result".

Trample & Mounted: Seem better Riding skills than Combat/Shooting

Charlatan: Good, but I'd actually make it "may roll 3D6 instead of 2D6".

Fleet-footed: Well, the Acrobatic skill already makes it one test when jumping, right? Besides, you get +1 to hit and +1 Strength when making diving charges, so it's +1 to hit, +1 S, and +1 A. Not bad, but could be rough.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:29

Ooooh, thanks for the comments, guys. StyrofoamKing: I'll revise Charlatan like you said!
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 14:57

Identity: Fair Enough
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitimeTue 5 May 2009 - 0:46

I'm trying to harness player creativity in making more vanilla skills! Please contribute any ideas here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197392

...or in this thread.

Don't worry about balance, we will adjust that later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assorted New-ish Skills   Assorted New-ish Skills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assorted New-ish Skills
Page 1 of 1