Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Help me to identify an awesome miniature!

Go down 
+2
Admin Tom
Eliazar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Empty
PostSubject: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 17:01

One day, I was browsing the web, found the following picture and saved it:

Help me to identify an awesome miniature! 997c2610

However, now I look at it and wonder what model was used for this conversion (?). Can you help me?
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 18:04

The base for this miniature is a figure from the game "Inquisitor"by GW. The scale is not apparent on this picture but it is 56mm (my guess). In any case it is much larger than 28mm (Warhammer/Morhdeim scale).

Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 18:08

Damn! And I thought it was a 28mm Eldar or something Sad That sucks, I wanted one as well...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 18:23

Looks like some converstion work also, I could be wrong as I have never followed Inquisator.

They should have done Inquisitor in 28mm to begin with. There was no real point in creating a different sized model.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 19:04

I found the original:

Help me to identify an awesome miniature! M1184226_99111399001_INQCovenantMain_873x627

It really is a shame that all the awesome Inquisitor models are in 54mm. Wasted sculpting effort. Probably, the whole game would have been more popular with miniatures in the same scale as the rest.

Well, it seems as if I have to spend a couple of hours on practising my sculpting until I can redo him in 28mm.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 19:24

Da Bank wrote:
no real point in creating a different sized model.

Different scale = people are coerced into buying new miniatures because their "old" collection is not compatible.

Why do you think LoTR is in a different scale? Because otherwise too many kids would just buy the rulebook and play with their bretonnians/elves/orcs.

I think it is mainly a shame because of all the bits we are missing out on for conversions, because of the different scales.

Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 19:41

Aparently, painting in I-scale is loads more fun.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 20:15

Admin Tom wrote:
Why do you think LoTR is in a different scale?

Actually, I read that this has something to do with the copyright for LoTR. Apparently, miniatures converted with LoTR parts are not allowed in official tournaments.

But whatever the reason, it really is a shame. And I am very sad about the inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 21:53

Admin Tom wrote:
Different scale = people are coerced into buying new miniatures because their "old" collection is not compatible.

Or, you can play LOTR using only WHFB minis. (Which is what we did one friend came round with a LOTR rulebook and no minis.)
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 22:12

Chad wrote:

Or, you can play LOTR using only WHFB minis.

Sure, sure, I won't argue with that. It's just that many customers would feel like it "isn't the right thing".
You know, like when you wanted Super Mario 2 for Xmas as a kid but you got Super Mario 1? Sure, it IS Mario, but just not THAT Mario Very Happy

Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 23:16

I remember after the Super Nintendo came out I wanted one soooo bad. My father came home one day with origional nintendo.

A part of me died inside that day...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 23:30

Ethlorien wrote:
I remember after the Super Nintendo came out I wanted one soooo bad. My father came home one day with origional nintendo.

A part of me died inside that day...

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 0:28

Yea LOTR is a difficult or smaller scale but can still be used with Warhammer and even in Mordheim.

54mm is totally non compatible with 25-30mm models.

Make is unique 32mm but 54mm??
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 1:21

Hate to disagree with all you here but I don't quite understand what the problem is. From what I get Inquisitor has so many role-playing elements that players have like 3 models at max (if it's so many at all). This is a perfect opportunity to use larger scale minis. If I am playing RPG and there is a mini representing me and my character then I would appreciate it being larger so that it can be painted with more detail, more accessories, etc. This is a logical consequence of going from army to warband to single character. To me this seems like the perfect opportunity to use different models and go with something "fresh". GW doesn't make many such bold moves so - despite not playing the game - I always liked that they were doing something different.

And don't start with the marketing argument again here. If they had seriously planned to squeeze the $$$ out of this game then they could have easily made this 28mm like their other games. Selling specific minis always works - it did for Mordheim, Blood Bowl, whatever. If there are specific minis then they can sell them. They could have easily adjusted the game system so that the players would need a ton of NPC models (like Resident Evil style hordes of zombies or whatever). They made a game that, in its very nature, doesn't focus on selling miniatures. Now feel free to shoot me. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 11:17

cianty wrote:
Now feel free to shoot me. tongue

*Bang, bang, bang, bang* Now, don't look at my sig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me to identify an awesome miniature!   Help me to identify an awesome miniature! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me to identify an awesome miniature!
Page 1 of 1