Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What else I have been up to

Go down 
+4
Ethlorien
Da Bank
Tagnator
grey_death
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
grey_death
Captain
Captain
grey_death

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

What else I have been up to - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 17:49

My first Desert Support Marine is finished!

What else I have been up to - Page 2 20587_sm-Heavy%20Bolter%2C%20Sons%20Of%20Medusa%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000

All except chapter marking of course, but that's not happening until the very end I suspect.

This was a very nice break from the green, and I'm very happy with the final product. It does take a while to get the colors where I want them, but the effort is worth it. Plus, I only NEED to do 5 of these guys. I suspect a few more than that will end up in this scheme now though >.>....

And a quick comparison shot:

What else I have been up to - Page 2 20588_sm-Heavy%20Bolter%2C%20Sons%20Of%20Medusa%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000

You can see the tie ins very easily. The weapon colors are identical, and the black shoulder pad rim and chest eagles. Basing is the same as well. A more subtle tie in is the battle damage. They are both done with the exact same colors, Catachan Green for the initial damage marking and bleached bone to highlight.

Hope to do more SoMs this fast in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://thepaintingcorps.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 18:01

It took me awhile to figure out what SoM was; I kept coming up with the Sound of Music, but Julie Andrews wouldn't quite cut it in the 41st millenium...probably Suspect

The Desert Guy turned out REALLY cool; a much different effect than his Green Compatriots, but they still feel right together. WELL DONE! Karate
Back to top Go down
grey_death
Captain
Captain
grey_death

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 5:36

What else I have been up to - Page 2 20922_sm-Chaplain%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Terminator%20Armor%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000

New project for a painting contest at the local store. I've got like a month or two for this guy, so I'm trying a few new things out.
Back to top Go down
grey_death
Captain
Captain
grey_death

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2009 - 2:13

Some progress on the Chaplain:
What else I have been up to - Page 2 22134_sm-Chaplain%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Terminator%20Armor%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000
The head is finished, but that's it. I've gotten some more work since this photo done, but just more of the bone color. Nothing super exciting, and my ambient light faded on me when the sun went down.
C&C welcome as always, and more photos will be inbound as I finish more on the model!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2009 - 8:30

VERY NICE! The way you did the Skull REALLY makes the mini. Actually, it's that I REALLY lile your style & technique. My only critique would be the muzzle would have looked better if you had drilled out the barrel. Otherwise, VERY, VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What else I have been up to   What else I have been up to - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What else I have been up to
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: Shout it out! (free-for-all) :: Sci-Fi Wargames-
Jump to: