Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

This just doesn't happen...

Go down 
+4
DeafNala
cianty
Duce
Unwanted
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

This just doesn't happen... Empty
PostSubject: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:30

My girlfriend is handing in her master-thesis these days, and she had them printed and everything, and they were in a box on the living room floor, and our cat decided "Hey, nice litter-box", so now there's cat-piss on my girlfriends master-thesis', all ten of them!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:31

Unwanted wrote:
My girlfriend is handing in her master-thesis these days, and she had them printed and everything, and they were in a box on the living room floor, and our cat decided "Hey, nice litter-box", so now there's cat-piss on my girlfriends master-thesis', all ten of them!

If i laugh please dnot tell me off, thats one of those classic oh my god... moments.

Rarely happen but when they do you either cry or laugh

Last edited by Duce on Mon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:32

That sucks big time!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:33

Duce wrote:
Unwanted wrote:

If i laugh please dnot tell em off, thats one of those classic oh my god... moments.

Rarely happen but when they do you either cry or laugh

I know, it doesn't happen!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 11:12

You & your Lady have my DEEPEST condolences. PLEASE, don't kill the cat. Sad
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 20:35

No worries, the cat and my girlfriend have been reconciled!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 10:43

Unwanted wrote:
No worries, the cat and my girlfriend have been reconciled!

You sprayed them with water didn't you...

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 14:21

I remember when my printer ran out of ink on the same day as my computer got a virus (damn you Microsoft!) and I lost all my exam notes... Crying or Very sad
You (both) have my deepest symapthies.
Back to top Go down
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Location : Sydney, Australia (preferrably in the light of the Moon)

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 5:24

I stand by my opinion that Dog's are way cooler then Cats. The Dog would have at least eaten it and you would have been able to use the age old excuse of "My Dog Ate It!"

Ram.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 9:06

Man, I love my cats, but if they ever defiled my hard work I'd be sorely tempted to make a pair of slippers out of them.
This just doesn't happen... Catslippers
(or perhaps a toilet seat cover)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 9:29

lol! God, but I LOVE these deep, philosophical discussions. thumbsup [ I'm kind of a dog guy too, Ram, just between you & me Suspect ].
Back to top Go down
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Location : Sydney, Australia (preferrably in the light of the Moon)

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 13:56

Don't get me wrong if I had a pet Leopard I'd be all for it but it's not happening anytime soon so Dog's are just awesome anyways so dog's all the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 14:51

My family's a dog one, always had them, i think in my lifetime we've had 12 dogs 2 cats. (Have 5 dogs currently)

Soon as i get to that early family stage i'm busting out for 2 huskies... love the siberian ones... or a white tiger. they'd make people think twice... but god help me if the tiger gets the lets pounce n owner ambush mentality for fun.... my poor poor socks will be goners. and my hip

Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 16:50

Wow, that sucks. I'm still laughing, but it does suck. Me, I've got three cats and know how troublesome they can be: trampled through my Mordheim city, knocked over a box of assembled figures, scratched up my couch, clawed my leather, ate half my plants . . . Hmm, I do wonder why they're still around some days.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 19:00

Dogs RULE! Their's a breed unique to Portugal called Serra da Estrelas (named after the mountain they're native too - The Mountain in/of the Stars) and they're huge, think labrador but husky-size plus and with thick bear-like fur.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 20:32

I'm amazed at how many of you have pets at all!! 2 small models! - just like you don't get kids around them, you don't get pets! Razz even a girlfriend or a brother is a serious thread! Razz

I'm not fond of pets at all, and will probably never allow one into the house, but if I must choose, I choose cats... even after the master thesis case presented above... for which you have my simpathies... but also... you KNEW there's a cat in the house... what is the box doing on the floor!?

I choose cats for there independence and selfsupportiveness... dogs are just to bothersome - petting, feeding - walking - getting them to shut up in the middle of the night... (can someone please teach my neighbours' dog what nighttime means?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 21:37

Ezekiel wrote:
(can someone please teach my neighbours' dog what nighttime means?)

Meet my friend, he's a crossbow! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 22:28

Despite having three cats I'm indiferent to, I do have two dogs: a pug and a german sheppard/border collie cross. Love 'em! I'm a dog man, myself. Though, the pug's crate got moved from our bedroom to the kitchen as she snores too loudly. Rusty sleeps in our room though, the big, gentle, giant.

Though, for all my cat's destrcution on my minis, it was Rusty and Emma playing in the basement the last time my table got knocked over. This happened months ago, yet even just a few days ago I found a HE White Lion over in the corner of the room. The pieces were everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 6:00

In my time I have had all manner of beasts, cats, dogs, rabbits, goats, rats, I could go on, but I have a point. Cats are the easiest to own. I have two now and they obey my commands much like a dog would. However, they can be distant and will never even come close to approaching the bond that can be formed with a dog. I had a black lab named Dutch for many years. He was the best pet I'd ever raised. I lost him 14 years ago and I'm still not ready for a new dog. So to make a long story short (too late) Dogs make the best friends, but cats are much easier all around.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 10:50

UnderBheit wrote:
In my time I have had all manner of beasts, cats, dogs, rabbits, goats, rats, I could go on, but I have a point. Cats are the easiest to own. I have two now and they obey my commands much like a dog would. However, they can be distant and will never even come close to approaching the bond that can be formed with a dog. I had a black lab named Dutch for many years. He was the best pet I'd ever raised. I lost him 14 years ago and I'm still not ready for a new dog. So to make a long story short (too late) Dogs make the best friends, but cats are much easier all around.

sounds like our house,

we've had *breaths in*

dogs
cats
stick insects
dagous (spelling?)
hampsters
gueni pigs (spelling?)
a llama
pot bellied pig
fallabella
gerbils
donkey
fish

and out of that i agree with you, the dogs are by far the most interesting and loyal. nothing beats a dog hotwater bottle on your legs when its cold. especially the jack russels.

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 21:45

I used to know someone who kept ostriches. Apparently, if you hand-feed them from hatching they form very close bonds. On the other hand, if you get a vicious one it can kill you with a single kick, so perhaps a bit risky...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This just doesn't happen...   This just doesn't happen... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This just doesn't happen...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: Shout it out! (free-for-all) :: General Shouting-
Jump to: