Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
luke83
Youngblood
Youngblood
luke83

Trading Reputation : 0

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Empty
PostSubject: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 23:02

Hello,
In the process of setting up a games room for the kids, so i have snuck in a spot for a wargaming table to go, so after 15ish years away im starting from scratch with terrain, anyone got links to Good models i can print that suit Mordheim?

I have seen heaps of pretty models on various websites but im concerned they are too cramped for indoor fighting, also i remember the challenge of my spearmen inside some buildings and would like to avoid hitting the roof, hell, if someone has the original box terrain still, i would love some photos and dimensions of them and just recreate them for myself as a starting point.

Note: im not a skilled 3d modeller, i do 3d for work but for brackets and tables and have found the artistic skills required to model meshes in blender a little outside my current skill level but i am still pushing ahead ( working through a blender modelling course) but if someone has them ready to roll, even better Smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tired World

Tired World

PostSubject: Re: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2023 - 3:28

luke83 wrote:
Hello,
In the process of setting up a games room for the kids, so i have snuck in a spot for a wargaming table to go, so after 15ish years away im starting from scratch with terrain, anyone got links to Good models i can print that suit Mordheim?

I'm running a ks right now for exactly this Smile

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Dd30f77ef5c53d7849e759eb33dbb117_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0
Back to top Go down
luke83
Youngblood
Youngblood
luke83

PostSubject: Re: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2023 - 6:27

Looks very nice mate, I will check them out. I have just started trying to recreate the blood on the street set, the first one will be low detail and I will just finish by hand , once my table is setup how I want it I may swing back and do the brickwork and details as I am part way through a terrain design course in blender. My experience in 3d is through work to produce real parts so I'm not so skilled at the mesh modelling yet.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2023 - 9:52

Tired World wrote:
I'm running a ks right now for exactly this Smile

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Dd30f77ef5c53d7849e759eb33dbb117_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0
Looking great man! Really nice terrain pieces!
For anyone else interested, here's the link to the KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiredworldstudio/hexengarde
Back to top Go down
TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

PostSubject: Re: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2023 - 2:21

luke83 wrote:
Hello,

I have seen heaps of pretty models on various websites but im concerned they are too cramped for indoor fighting, also i remember the challenge of my spearmen inside some buildings and would like to avoid hitting the roof, hell, if someone has the original box terrain still, i would love some photos and dimensions of them and just recreate them for myself as a starting point.

Note: im not a skilled 3d modeller, i do 3d for work but for brackets and tables and have found the artistic skills required to model meshes in blender a little outside my current skill level but i am still pushing ahead ( working through a blender modelling course) but if someone has them ready to roll, even better Smile

Thanks
If you go to Thingiverse you can find some 3D printed versions of the original Mordheim terrain, for free. https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=mordheim&page=1&type=things&sort=relevant

They also have STLs for the plastic bits that held the old terrain together.

The next thing to look up while there is Ulvheim - original buildings, but the one that might interest you the most are the ruins. https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ulvheim&page=1&type=things&sort=relevant

The ruins are open topped, so probablt not a problem for spears.

Sadly, Thingiverse blocks copying the images.

My current favorite Mordheim prints are from Dark Realms -https://www.myminifactory.com/users/DarkRealms?show=store
- BUT you will want a big printer - they make City style ruined houses, which dwarf the minis.
I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Resize-terrace-1-ruins-release-2b

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Resize-terrace2ruinsrelease2

Having the larger buildings really makes it feel like a ruined city, not just a town or village.

They do also have smaller buildings, still good looking.

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  720X720-shop2ruinsrelease2

And there is also Mortenberg, from Heroes Infinite -

Modular ruins, and both Mercenaries and Nurgle type cultists.

It is also worth poking around, looking for items like cages, gibbets, and other good scatter terrain.

The Auld Grump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim    I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a 3d printer, anyone got good terrain for Mordeim
Page 1 of 1