Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lead Featherduster

Lead Featherduster

Trading Reputation : 0

warband - All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help Empty
PostSubject: All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help   warband - All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2021 - 19:40

Hey there,

Thinking of getting into mordheim with a mounted army, just because I have the models and just painted them. Anybody have experience with the Outriders warband? All mounted seems fun, but the best way I can imagine to use it involves lots of ranged weapons and running/kiting with your speed, but the problem then is how expensive even handguns are. Only using a single handed weapon is also quite a negative.

Things that seem good - spears (+1 strength on the charge, still good for the strike first afterward)
Blunderbuss-Lots of mobility to line up shots, don't need to worry about 'to hit', might help even the numbers so you can use your charges to better effect.

Are warhorses any use? They seem expensive, but extra attacks are always great, and they don't inflate your warband value, which is nice as well.

Longer term, the best bet seems to be Chausssers who 'got talent', as they start with the best stats, but I can imagine it being hard to get there.

To start, was considering something like
Knight, spear
Outrider, spear
Outrider, spear, blunderbuss
Scout, hammer
Scout, hammer
Chausser, hammer
Chausser , hammer

Try to maximize my starting out. Its kinda a big starting warband though, so not sure how I feel about that, and without any easy cheap sacrifices, I'd have to take 2 losses before I can rout, which might be bad early on.

Some of the hired swords seem interesting too, especially the highwayman for that cool double pistol action.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

warband - All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help   warband - All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help Icon_minitimeSun 9 May 2021 - 18:14

Oof, I think trying to play the Imperial Outriders warband at all will be very difficult. In the Mordheim core rules, blackpowder weapons, armour, & horses are very expensive to represent that they're luxury items -- this warband list makes all of those core items, but at the same price. It's a great idea for a warband, but personally I don't think the list works. Plus, for Mordheim you really need dismounted versions of all the fighters for when they dismount.

That said, if you're going ahead with the warband, it looks like quite a good list you've got. Remember that the blunderbuss can only be fired once each battle, but it should still be useful during a charge. Especially if your enemy is too scared to put their fighters close together, so you can divide & conquer!

& oh man, I always want the highwayman, but maybe I just listen to too much Adam Ant...
Back to top Go down

All-Mounted warband? Outriders Help
Page 1 of 1