Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Watchers Season 1 BtB start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Watchers Season 1 BtB start Empty
PostSubject: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 16:12

hi all

As promised to chris i would post are start and future games in the btb on the forums...
Unfortuntly last night saw 1 of our members drops so its just 3 of us now for this season so out game play will move to round robin format.

ok first of all our group is :
myself - man eaters - lure of fortune
chris - kislevite - The celestial protectorite
kev - Norse - scion of chaos

our first week was played outside the border towns due to not haveing objectives at that time we decided to play a 3way standard scenario which i won i forget most of the game but it involves kev thinking he could take the dwarf treasure hunter hired sword which we forgot about he died after his initail charge and i forgot to roll a die for winning
scenario 5 Man Hunt Man eaters (2) Norse (1) (Kislevites (1)

last night was our first game in the BorderTown using the warbands from the previous week with there current xp we played ( Man Hunt ) rolling a chaos marauder , boar , and bear during the game i rolled fountain of blood ( not sure about you guys but i really really hate fountain of blood ) kev managed to passify the marauder i managed to take the boar and the bear was being made to run all over the board managing to create all kinds of panic and destruction think all in all it killed a wolf took a wound from my ogre guide take a wound from the wulfen kill 2 kislevites ohh and in the end killed my guide - i won the scenario all tho kev was a little annoyed and told me i had to write up on here that he managed to roll snake eyes 5 times during the game

after the game we rolled injuries chris had 5 henchmen out of action and 1 died 1 hero gained hand injury
kev had 4 wolves out of action and managed to kill 3 of them with poor dice rolls
again 1 of his hero's gained nervous condition
my guide rolled 66 so a nice little bonus of half a tick box for getting himself mauled by a bear . hope you found that an interesting read i will add more as and when it happens

cheers all Martin
Back to top Go down
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 16:22

I decided that also while uploading the campaign i would also add and update my Man Eaters so you can see there progress

Captain with 2x swords
Guide with ogre club
youngblood 1 with 2H wep
youngblood 2 with 2H wep
youngblood 3 with 2H wep

after the first 2 games i have added
Captain with 2x swords heavy armour (WS+1)
Guide with ogre club , sword (WS+1)
youngblood 1 with 2H wep ( I +1)
youngblood 2 with 2H wep (S+1)
youngblood 3 with 2H wep (Resilient)

and 75 gold crowns in the bank - thinking on saving this for an ogre bull or equipment not sure yet )
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 16:56

Thank you for taking the time to write this down, Martin! I do have some comments and questions...

TheWatcher wrote:
Unfortuntly last night saw 1 of our members drops so its just 3 of us now for this season so out game play will move to round robin format.

That does make sense when playing with so few members. We did the same when we were still three people: round robining 1 vs 1 battles or three-ways.

TheWatcher wrote:
last night was our first game in the BorderTown using the warbands from the previous week with there current xp we played ( Man Hunt ) rolling a chaos marauder , boar , and bear during the game i rolled fountain of blood ( not sure about you guys but i really really hate fountain of blood ) kev managed to passify the marauder i managed to take the boar and the bear was being made to run all over the board managing to create all kinds of panic and destruction think all in all it killed a wolf took a wound from my ogre guide take a wound from the wulfen kill 2 kislevites ohh and in the end killed my guide - i won the scenario all tho kev was a little annoyed and told me i had to write up on here that he managed to roll snake eyes 5 times during the game

I think you played this wrong. Smile Man Hunt is played in one of the four territories (as determined on the table). You then place one monster on the table for each warband (three in your case). These monsters are not determined at random but they are the "12" result on the respective table. So if you determined the northern wastes e.g., place three hydras. I don't understand where the marauder, boar and bear came from.. did you just determine the monsters at random? We were hoping that the example in the rules would make this clear.. Sad

The idea of this scenario is to have evil monsters hunting the warbands - it's the Monter Hunt scenario turned around with the warbands being the victims. This is a pretty ... difficult scenario as it requires the players to carefully place their scenery (to block the monsters' lines of sight) and to make heavy use of the "hide" mechanic. For starting warbands this is a very very dangerous scenario. Usually this scenario is used by stronger warbands during a campaign to beat certain opposing warbands (either weaker ones or less prepared ones). You might have noticed the Beastmaster skill at the beginning of the new rules chapter (BTB 1).

TheWatcher wrote:
i rolled fountain of blood ( not sure about you guys but i really really hate fountain of blood )

Ha ha, yeah that one is a pain. It is taken straight from the original Random Happenings from the Mordheim Annual, by the way. We wanted to use as many of the original events as possible and only made up new ones where we found the old ones to be either inappropriate or where we needed something to mix well with the campaign system (like the Belandysh appearance).

TheWatcher (private message) wrote:
ok basically to sum it up so far myself kev and chris love btb the scenario was different and fun we all liked that 1 specially with bouncing hostile bears all over the noard killing eachh others warbands

I'm glad you like the system. However, I would like you to play it again some day and then use the big monsters like it is meant to be. That changes a lot. With these deadly huge unkillable monsters roaming the table the games are very exciting. You must be very careful when moving your warband to not attract them. In this tension it is great fun to make use of some tricks.. like shooting all across the battlefield at a pacified monster, seeing it turn aggro and then attack the nearest warband - which just happens to be your opponent because he was closer to the beast that he thought would be quiet for now...
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 17:06

Doh !! yea i thought something was wrong when i read the story to the scenario and i thought him monsters hunting warbands and we have a loan marauder and a boar the bear yea that caused us all a head ache but we just assumed that it must be random - ok sorted i will make sure they learn of there stupidity ( it was me that suggested it was random but there getting it for not checking) and i will have to try get that 1 played when where all a little harder like you suggested it should have been 3 temple dogs - ok i think i will be packing that harpoon crossbow on the guide for when that comes up again

haha just opened the file and yes you are correct there is an example and yes it states 3 temple dogs ok in my defence i just finished my Ogre Guide 2 hours before we played so im blaming it on mentally being tired Razz
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 18:09

TheWatcher wrote:
haha just opened the file and yes you are correct there is an example and yes it states 3 temple dogs ok in my defence i just finished my Ogre Guide 2 hours before we played so im blaming it on mentally being tired Razz

He he, no problem! If you were having fun and a good time then the scenario did work in the most important of all ways. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watchers Season 1 BtB start   Watchers Season 1 BtB start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchers Season 1 BtB start
Page 1 of 1