Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchRegisterBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Length of a campaign

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thespian
Champion
Champion
Thespian

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Length of a campaign Empty
PostSubject: Length of a campaign   Length of a campaign Icon_minitimeTue 7 May 2019 - 15:33

Hei everyone!

For those of you who have played campaigns which have an ending, like Border Town Burning, how many games on average would you say were played until someone won?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Length of a campaign   Length of a campaign Icon_minitimeTue 7 May 2019 - 17:52

Admittedly I have never used them as written in a BTB campaign because my group uses a different method of determining opponents than suggested in BTB or MiM.  So my answer may not help, but when I tried adapting BTB objectives to our Pyrates of the Karribean games, the campaign took about as long as it did without objectives as it was hard for players to fulfill the objective in the first place.  Then when they had, it was hard to win the final scenario against the other players who had stayed in the campaign.

Short answer 20+ games per player.

Out of five campaigns we used objectives in 3 ended with just declaring the player with the most campaign points the winner.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Length of a campaign   Length of a campaign Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2019 - 12:51

20+ games per player? That.. sounds like a lot. Maybe too many for my taste. I really like being able to switch warband regularly, playing a few games with one then a few games with another... But that's very much a matter of personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Length of a campaign   Length of a campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Length of a campaign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: