Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rangers of the shadow deep

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Rangers of the shadow deep Empty
PostSubject: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitimeWed 6 Feb 2019 - 10:22

Hey all,

I've recently been playing a relatively new skirmish game called 'Rangers of the shadowdeep' written by the guy who wrote frostgrave. I have to say I've found it super fun and you can easily reuse mordheim models within it. It's 1 to 4 players and cooperative with the enemy models having a flowchart to dictate their movements. It's also very narrative focused, having set scenarios and campaigns akin to D&D modules instead of generic scenarios but the rules seem simple enough that homebrewing a scenario wouldn't be too hard. it's got a pretty active group over on facebook which is great for sharing stuff or getting rules clarifications.

I'd give a look into it if you can, it's pretty fun with friends and great for further conversion inspiration too Wink And no race rules either so you could totally have rangers and henchmen as orcs and gobbos! (if you so wished)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 18:46

Thanks for the lead, Lightbox. I will have to check it out.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 20:48

Sounds like GW's Blackstone Fortress, what with the "A.I" enemy models PvE. Is it played on open boards, or does it use tiles?
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019 - 15:23

Opheliate wrote:
Sounds like GW's Blackstone Fortress, what with the "A.I" enemy models PvE. Is it played on open boards, or does it use tiles?

Open boards similar to mordheim and the like. I think it shares a lot in common with frostgrave, except being more cooperative narrative focused
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2019 - 10:01

Sounds intriguing, I will check it out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rangers of the shadow deep   Rangers of the shadow deep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rangers of the shadow deep
Page 1 of 1