Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

ryryaks Mordheim forces

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
ryryak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ryryak
Warrior
Warrior
ryryak

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

ryryaks Mordheim forces Empty
PostSubject: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 22:37

Hey all.

Thought I'd post some pics of my Mordheim models here. My main warband is Beastmen, I've been playing them in fantasy and Mordheim for as long as I can remember, but some folks around here have been pestering me to play other armies (they find my Beastmen boring and hard to play against) so I've got some other stuff in here as well!

EDIT: These are my 2.0 models - I switched to rounds because I like them better in a skirmish setting and I used models that have been sitting around not being used for a very long time.

Without further ado:

ryryaks Mordheim forces YENigpnh
ryryaks Mordheim forces MbQupWfh
ryryaks Mordheim forces JAwAlxWh
ryryaks Mordheim forces ZuAg3Obh
ryryaks Mordheim forces WmIVNN6h
ryryaks Mordheim forces EVwe2Edh
ryryaks Mordheim forces Wv3FkLGh
ryryaks Mordheim forces LMPBqDIh
ryryaks Mordheim forces CnE8C5Oh
ryryaks Mordheim forces GdL19rnh

Here's some recent pics of them in action against a friends Stirwood Bandits.

ryryaks Mordheim forces LEP1E47h
ryryaks Mordheim forces Ha93O4Jh
ryryaks Mordheim forces VDOsANJh
ryryaks Mordheim forces TQAnL5Kh

And here's what I've decided to work on for the next little while:

ryryaks Mordheim forces B1n95M0h
ryryaks Mordheim forces AOo5iwxh
ryryaks Mordheim forces VhrZV5Oh
ryryaks Mordheim forces UGOIq1uh
ryryaks Mordheim forces Wk494Sxh
ryryaks Mordheim forces 27U66sMh
ryryaks Mordheim forces XF23lgCh

WIP:

ryryaks Mordheim forces Vw30wixh
ryryaks Mordheim forces KOTouk6h
ryryaks Mordheim forces D84TB5mh

I painted some dwarves for fun but I've never used them - they're my loaner warband:
ryryaks Mordheim forces Z7GkHDRh
ryryaks Mordheim forces CvQheKGh
ryryaks Mordheim forces ZNQm48Nh
ryryaks Mordheim forces O8TOVgqh
ryryaks Mordheim forces INWFZInh
ryryaks Mordheim forces QgXZ3Z2h
ryryaks Mordheim forces QowmzAMh
ryryaks Mordheim forces YmfB7Cth

I'll post more pics as I take them and get them uploaded!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 13:14

OUTSTANDING STUFF! You have quite an array of SPLENDID looking miniatures & terrain. Beasty Guys, Lizard Lads, & Vertically Challenged Ones are all BEAUTIFULLY painted or in the process. Your bases make the minis for me. VERY WELL ONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 17:49

Great collection of minis! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 18:03

That's a damn fine line up! & a really awkward bunch, playing wise... Beastmen, Saurus Warriors, & Dwarves -- does anyone ever wound them?

Particular highlights: 1) The bases are really nice, & I like the customisation for each warband. It does a lot to give a warband character & flavour, & tie them all together. 2) Good work tying some different miniatures from different lines together in warbands with a unified look. Again, a benefit of the bases, but also good paintwork.

All in all, great stuff!
Back to top Go down
ryryak
Warrior
Warrior
ryryak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 18:07

Thank you for all the kind words!

This game is definitely a labor of love for me.

I've been browsing through a lot of content these last few days and looking through others posts inspired me to share!

@Rhydderch - I've only ever fought against the dwarves never with them, I painted them because I love the models but I know what it's like to try and take them out...it's difficult.

Don't forget about the skinks though! They die in droves...
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2018 - 16:31

Great painting! I agree with the others about the basses- very nicely done.
Back to top Go down
ryryak
Warrior
Warrior
ryryak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 19:02

Just a quick little update:

I bought some MDF buildings online (first time working with this material) and have been slowly working my way through them (there's 10 buildings in total).

Overall I like these things, but they're very flat with very little texture so I've been having to add that to the structures. I've been purposely streaking wood glue across the wooden supports to try and leave the impression that there's texture there, but it's so small and barely noticeable that I'll probably stop doing that; it's a big time waster. I've also been mixing up batches of wood glue and fine grit (thank you Woodland Scenics!) to texture the walls; this result I've been VERY satisfied with and will continue doing.

Anyway here's a pic showing what I've done. It's just a simple three/four colors with the airbrush at the moment, I still have to stipple the walls with at least one more color, add smoke and fire damage, plus I'll need to wash the whole model with some browns and greens to dirty it up and make it look more appropriate for an abandoned ruined city.

ryryaks Mordheim forces UkYaZgRh

I've also finished the first 15 or so models for my Lizardmen warband - I'll get around to taking pictures of them for this little log as well!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 19:21

Nice update thumbsup

The MDF buildings do make the work of making a table easier, but I don't much like them out of the box. Adding texture and little details makes them much better.
Back to top Go down
ryryak
Warrior
Warrior
ryryak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 19:57

I agree about the MDF Von Kurst. If anything I think these MDF buildings are motivating me to actually start creating my own buildings out of wood and foam. There are some great project logs here that some amazingly talented people have done. They're my inspiration.

I'm moving into a new home in a few months and I'll finally have a garage as my own dedicated hobby space so I'll be able to start making a Mordheim table in earnest. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it modular with the MDF style approach, or if I make the table more permanent.

I'm also planning to add rubble to these buildings as well. Some small wooden planks/beams and some grit.

I'm just having a hard time deciding what color the rubble should be. Should it match the walls? Should it be black/sooty? Should it be grey/masonryey?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 20:09

I like black and sooty.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 20:57

GREAT WORK! Those are SPLENDID LOOKING as they are, but with some grit & grime they will be OUTSTANDING. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jun 2018 - 11:20

Ooo, nice work. I'll admit MDF isn't as textured as homemade scenery... but it is convenient, which is worth a great deal, & sturdier than papercraft stuff. (Though saying that, the Mordheim cardboard buildings still survive after about twenty years & a fair bit of use...)

This is grand stuff though, you're certainly improving the base materials, & any warband can be proud to fight amongst those buildings!
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitimeSat 3 Nov 2018 - 18:47

great painting - beastmen particularly. Would love to see the finished lizardmen too.

mdf buildings are v. nice (are they 'red vectors', I have some of those?).

my main problem with mdf buildings, particularly in relation to the original card buildings is that they tend to be underscale. To my eye at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ryryaks Mordheim forces   ryryaks Mordheim forces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ryryaks Mordheim forces
Page 1 of 1