Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Co-operative game run by GM

Go down 
+2
Rhydderch
Wyrdstone Dave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Co-operative game run by GM Empty
PostSubject: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeTue 17 Oct 2017 - 4:56

Has anyone run a co-operative Mordheim scenario for a group of players?

I have a weekend away with a few gaming friends coming up. We usually run a multiplayer game of some sort and I thought about running a game for 3 players with small warbands (maybe 3 heroes each and a few henchmen). I've read Tilean Days from Town Cryer 28 and wondered if anyone else had other scenarios like that. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeWed 18 Oct 2017 - 16:02

'Tilean Days' is the only example I've come across -- & it seemed a fairly unusual use of Mordheim to me. Though it should be easy enough to come up with an alternative, if the GM's running the 'hostiles'. Like 'Kidnapped' where the GM controls the cultists (or whatever) & the players have to rescue the fair maiden. Or a monster hunt or assassination mission, where the three players have to work together to kill a specific target, like a cult leader or a powerful vampire.

Just some ideas, in lieu of more helpful help.
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeWed 18 Oct 2017 - 23:04

Yeah, Monster Hunt would work quite well. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeThu 19 Oct 2017 - 1:31

Jim Weaver (numbertenox) had that whole Vampire Hunters campaign a few years back.  His links to the campaign don't work for me anymore but it may work to PM him or his brother Michael (mweaver).

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7106-vampire-hunters-final-campaign-report-finally-in
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2018 - 17:25

Wyrdstone Dave, how did your campaign go? Any advice for others that are keen on attempting this?
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 4:25

I have to say that the Vampire campaign was a real treat for my friends and I. If you simplify the enemies into a few types and cut one of the locations, you could probably simplify the game into a weekend.

I have a write-up of my play through in "Mordheim Day" thread in the battle report section.
Back to top Go down
Jburns272
Champion
Champion
Jburns272

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:01

Seems a little late now but you could probably adapt something from Warhammer Quest, especially tiles and adversaries.
My first thought was Rivers of Blood from the Mordheim Annual but that's not quite what you're looking for, right?

I'd also like to know what you guys came up with. That sounds like a good idea for a fun break or campaign event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co-operative game run by GM   Co-operative game run by GM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Co-operative game run by GM
Page 1 of 1