Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Looking for Tzeentch's Curse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 1:36

Hey all. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there were ever any rules created (official or not) regarding the application of the Curse for spellcasters during a game? As far as I can tell, casters, for the most part, are remarkably UNfluffy since their spells only ever work or don't. There's no 'fun', darn it! I'd love to incorporate this aspect into our games, and am wiilling to write up my own rule set to do so, but if it's already been done then there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
Back to top Go down
innsmouth
Youngblood
Youngblood
innsmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 11:46

I thought the same thing and made my own: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8883-houserules-v-1
Also in this thread, someone pointed me to existing Tzeentch`s Curse rules. But I actually like my own better. Smile
By the way, WFRP is a nice source, especially the "Realms of Sorcery" addon. Also great: The psionic miscasts of "Dark Heresy" (they were the base for my little table).
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 12:51

Aye, I have a WFRP campaign that I run as well, and was planning on diving into Realms of Sorcery/Chaos for inspiration should this thread have not generated any bites. I am heading on over to your linked thread now, though!
Back to top Go down
Nuno M
Champion
Champion
Nuno M

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul 2017 - 0:29

I have actually been working on something like that.
It is a system that expands the spellcasting to use the Winds of Magic, extra "power dice", and Tzeench Curse happens only if you cast spells with power drawn from the winds.
And the consequences are really nasty (I took inspiration from WFRP, yes). I really wanted to capture that vibe of "power at a price" and high risk.
When spellcasters learn all spells of their lore, they can start learning Battle Magic spells (which affect large areas and/or work at long distance, and are very versatile).

The system is meant to work in a way that, if you don't want to take the risk, you can play the rules as normal (ie. you just don't use extra dice) while other players can tap the winds at their own risk, so it blends seamlessly into the existing ruleset.
I however don't know if this is something that players are generally interested in seeing (ie. increasing the power level of magic in their games).

It is still under development however, so it needs more work before I throw it out there. Razz
If you are really curious I can PM it to you.
Back to top Go down
http://whfbnarratives.blogspot.co.uk/
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul 2017 - 2:31

As a magic fanboi I would absolutely be interested in such a thing.

For what it is worth, I tried making something in between the power of the battle magic and the magic you mostly get in Mordheim for my Altdorf College warband. We made Tomes of Common* Magic Rare 14 for any wizard of any warband that wanted to learn to cast them. That seemed to work ok. The warband still needs a bit more playtesting though. Just started a Relics campaign with them so we will add a bit more to the data pool.

*Common as in 'spells that are common to each college of magic' not 'spells that are all over the place and easy to find.
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul 2017 - 2:44

Nino, I'd be interested in seeing what you had come up with to date. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tzeentch's Curse   Looking for Tzeentch's Curse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Tzeentch's Curse
Page 1 of 1