Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Empty
PostSubject: Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?   Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:15

One of my big interests when I was younger (and still now even) was the show Stargate.  Somehow I didn't know that there were miniatures made of the characters till recently and I quickly picked them up off ebay.  Now I'm left with trying to figure out how to use them in Mordheim Wink

My first thought was to use them as Battle Monks, as that is pretty much the Jaffa background to a tee.  I'm thinking I would use O'Neil as the Emissary and maybe Teal'C as the Officer.  The Serpent heads would be the Dragon Monks and the regular skull cap Jaffas could be the Warrior Monks.  The other SG members could be a mix of soldiers and peasants I guess.  I will use the stargate and DHD as terrain pieces and the narrative can be that for some reason after coming through the stargate, none of the technology works due to magic.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions on how to use them Smile

I've also never played with the Battle Monks, are they fun to play with / against?

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Stargate_%28Phoenix_Icons%29

Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_110
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_210
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_410
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_510
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_610
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_710
Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Sgm_910
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?   Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2017 - 10:07

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining the human soldiers/Marines within a MH-setting, even if I know about your flamethrower-wielding elves. The guys in fancy armour could be Lizardmen of course (snakeheads for the Saurus warriors, human heads for the Skinks) or maybe Amazons(snakeheads for heroes)?
The soldiers - maybe Pirates? They've got a lot of black powder weapons and not much armour...
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?   Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2017 - 15:33

Thanks for the reply Grimscull. I know they don't fit well but as Mordheim is basically the only Miniature game I play, I want to find some way to use them, even if only a few times. Smile

I like your idea for playing with lizardmen, that could work as well.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?   Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2017 - 16:08

Thanks. The one leader in armour with human head would make a nice Skink-shaman. Don't know how strict your group is on wysiwyg, the snakemen's weapons could certainly count as spears, halberds or double-handed weapons, I guess. Not sure what Saurus warriors are allowed to take. In any case, you get quite some way with only 4 Saurus warriors, if I remember correctly. Had to play against them a few times years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?   Which Warband is the best fit for these minis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Warband is the best fit for these minis?
Page 1 of 1