Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Estalian warband rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

rules - Estalian warband rules Empty
PostSubject: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008 - 18:35

hi people, i have created a Estalian warband list for using for a new campaign.
the warband is only an idea, i am open on read more ideas that you would like to tell me and for some changes you would mind for making that rules better Smile

and now, the Estalian warband

Estalians

Choose of warriors:

Estalian captain: your warband have to include one Estalian Captain.
Estalian noble: your warband can include one Estalian noble.
Estalian witch hunter: your warband can include one Estalian witch hunter.
Estalian knight: your warband can include one Estalian knight.
Estalian youngblood: your warband can include one Estalian youngblood.

Start experience:

The Estalian captain starts with 20 points of experience.

The Estalian knight starts with 12 points of experience.

The Estalian noble starts with 8 points of experience.

The Estalian witch hunter starts with 8 points of experience.

The Estalian youngblood starts with 0 points of experience.

The Estalian henchmen starts with 0 points of experience.

Estalian skill table
Captain: combat, shooting, academic, strength, speed.
Noble: combat, shooting, academic, strength.
Witch hunter: combat, shooting, academic, speed.
Knight: combat, academic, strength, espeed
Youngblood: combat, shooting, speed.

Estalian equipment list:

Close combat weapons
Dagger---------------1º free/ 2gc
Club---------------3gc
hammer---------------3gc
axe---------------5gc
sword---------------10gc
morning star---------------15gc
2 handed weapon---------------15gc
spear---------------10gc
halberd---------------10 gc
pike---------------15gc

Shooting weapons
crossbow---------------25gc
pistol---------------15gc
dueling pistol---------------25gc
bow---------------10gc

Armours
Light armour---------------20gc
Heavy armour---------------50gc
shield---------------5gc
buckler---------------5gc
helmet---------------10gc

Old Thirds equipment list:

Close combat weapons
Dagger---------------1º free/ 2gc
axe---------------5gc
sword---------------10gc
spear---------------10gc
halberd---------------10 gc
pike---------------15gc

Shooting weapons
crossbow---------------25gc
pistol---------------15gc
bow---------------10gc
handgun---------------35gc
blunderbus---------------30gc
hunting gun---------------200gc
throwing knives---------------15gc

Armours
Light armour---------------20gc
shield---------------5gc
buckler---------------5gc
helmet---------------10gc

1- Estalian captain: 60 gc
In the belics lands of Estalia you could find the most powerfull veterans. Ex-soldiers that want to get fortune and favours in the wild lands all around the old world, and now, more far..

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 4 3 3 1 4 1 8

Weapons and armours:he must choose weapons and armours of the Estalian equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES:
Leader: any warrior within 6” of the captain may use his leadership for LD tests.

0-1 Estalian noble: 30gc
The Estalian nobles that have lost theyr rich (or that want to be someday) has decided to join to the warriors groups of treasure hunters in theyr travels. They arent the best warriors but they have good equipment and a great hability to talk with the merchants, to get favours and to negotiate with the enemys.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

Weapons and armours:he must choose weapons and armours of the Estalian equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES:
Negotiator: the Estalian noble can apply +1 to search for rare items and can repeat the roll.

0-1 Estalian witch hunter: 25gc
More fanatics than the empire templars, the Estalian witch hunters dont fobid the use of the black arts. Under the big lord of the inquisition, and in the name of the great Sigmar this warriors has joined to the most powerfull captains to get complete their mision. (we are to consider that the most powerfull of the all religions in Estalia is the Sigmar one, that is venerated like the protector god of the humans purity).

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

SPECIAL RULES:
Burn them!: the Estalian witch hunter may re-roll to impact at firsts combat turns against enemys that can cast spells.

0-1 Estalian Knight: 35gc
In Estalia the knight valours have been forgotten, only the most valient and pure decide to take this way.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 8

SPECIAL RULES:
The knight virtue: the Estalian knight cant use any type of shooting weapons.
The purity of the valour: the Estalian knight can re-roll the LD tests failed.

0-1 Youngblood 15gc
All of the Captains use to have the company of a youngs that carrie with the equipment, prepare the launch and learn the art of the war in the side of the rest of warriors.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 6

Dogs of war 25gc
The Dogs of war are warriors that have let they state for getting fortune fighting like mercenaries in the armys of the old world. Estalians, Tileans, Marienburgers... all of them know the universal languaje of the gold and will fight brave for they lord.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

Veterans of the Old Thirds 30gc
The Old Thirds are the elite troop that conform the Estalians armys. Its composition is like the empire detachments, making some units that contain different types of weapons for being more usefull against different type of enemys. The most popular are the Cartegans, an Old third formed by pikemen, handgunners and swordmen.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3/4 3/4 3 3 1 3 1 7

Weapons and armours:he must choose weapons and armours of the Old Thirds equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES:
The Old Thirds: this henchmen have the next special rules:
- They may form henchmen groups between 1 and 3 warriors, instead 1 and 5.
- They must choose between increase the WS or the BS by 4 at the start of the campaign, you may choose for each warrior independent, and no for all the group, (you can have in the same group different profiles.
- They can be equiped diferent between, [you can have in the same group one crossbowmen (BS 4), one swordsman (WS 4) and one halberdier (WS 4), for example.]
- They can choose independent between +1 WS or +1 BS when they get the result of 6-7 in the henchmen experience table.

and now some pictures of the Estalians:

the noble, the captain and the youngblood
rules - Estalian warband rules Alatri10

the knight and the captain
rules - Estalian warband rules Trueno10

the noble
rules - Estalian warband rules 23962610

the witch hunter
rules - Estalian warband rules Solomo10

some veterans of the Old Thirds
rules - Estalian warband rules Clonar10
rules - Estalian warband rules Flande11
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008 - 19:55

A nice idea!
On first glance i see only two possible issues:
Why do you give the old thirds the special rules for forming groups? I see no obvious advantage to this, and it forces you to invent new rules for advances, different stats and equipment. Wouldn´t much the same effect be achieved by putting them into different groups? And what happens when one of the group dies, which type can you hire to replace him (if any)?
The second issue i noticed was the witchhunter. I am no expert on Estalia, but is Sigmar really the main god for them? From the fluff i remember that should be Myrmida (or maybe i am mistaken and that was Tilea only). I always thought Sigmar was the main god in the empire only, nowhere else.
Apart from that the rules, costs and starting XP look sound. Maybe you should give them a special skill list to further differentiate them from normal mercs, although i have no idea what skills would be appropriate Wink .
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008 - 0:41

At first glance it looks like they have too many skill options. I would loose speed or strength. If you thumb through the rule book you can see that almost none of the original warbands have as many skills as you have given.

Horatius: I think the rules about forming groups wasn't to change any grouping rules but to allow henchmen in a group to have different upgrades. Though you can achieve the same thing if you just buy all your henchmen in groups of 1.
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008 - 3:41

Hey! Don't know if you have heard of these guys but they make some perfect miniatures for this warband!

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/indexeng.html

Imperial Noble
rules - Estalian warband rules IMP003_1

Imperial Captian
rules - Estalian warband rules IMP010_1
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008 - 9:37

you two have reason guys,
ive created the Old Thirds rules at this becuase the first thing i want is to create rules that makes the warband the most equilibrate as posibble, and i thought that it would be a different type of rule that would give personality to the warband. but its true that the rule dont take better things for the warriors, only the posibility of creating variaty groups, what do you think we could invent for the Old Thirds??
and for the witch Hunter, i think like you, but i need to have one inquisitor in the warband, an Estalian Inquisitor, it is becuase in the Spain of that time, the inquisition have a lot of power in the society and i want to have one in the warband, but its true that broke the with the authentic estalian history, is for these becuase i was writing ( we are to considerate that sigmar is one of the most poerfull religion....)i dont know too if its true, im think that possibly no, but i need to have one witch Hunter
if you have some ideas for this two things ill thank you thumbsup
thanks for tell you opinion guys,
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008 - 17:04

I recognized the spanish / conquistador theme, but i did not realize you wanted the witchhunter as a stand-in for an inquisitor. Keep the stats the same, just call him an inquisitor of Myrmida. Maybe allow him to" interrogate" (that means torture) heroes of other warbands you capture in order to gain one additional wyrdstone the next time you search for it.
I dimly remember something reading something about the Church of Myrmida in one of the bountyhunter-novels by C.L. Werner, maybe you can find some inspiration there (if i remember it correctly, better check it out before you read or buy).
To the available skill lists: I would compare them with the human merc lists and and go with the same number of skills per hero. I don´t have the rules here, but if i remember it correctly a human captain has access to all skill list so yours look fine.
As an idea for your groups of "old thirds": Give them a small bonus if all members of a group are within 2 inch of another member of their group to represent their teamwork. Maybe an increase in leadership or initiative or the ability to re-roll 1s in to hit rolls in the turn they charge (but playtest it first, i have no idea how powerfull it would be Wink )or some effect like that.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 21:59

The Imperial Noble picture looks like the guy from Zorro the Gay Blade. LOL.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 2:00

Very interesting. I like some of the things you're trying. A few ideas:

Rapiers: The finest rapiers in the world were (and still are) made in Spain, plus every picture of a conquistador or a noble has a rapier on them. I think you could safely add them to the equipment list (heroes only, of course.)

Skills: again, most Mercenary-based warbands have the Leader with all skill sets, and all others with three. I'd normally say remove shooting, but you do have a 'shooty' feel to your warband, so keep it up.

Heroes: I'm not a fan of the 'Four of Five Different Heroes' approach to building warbands. Plus, you have 3 champions and 1 youngblood, which gives you a big advantage. I advice you make it two champions & two youngbloods, and your champions get to pick an honor: Knight, Noble, or Inquisitioner, with the corresponding bonus. Maybe add a fourth (Explorer?) Maybe let the Leader get access to it too.

Old Company: The idea's great, but it might be hard to implement. another idea is to make them cost 35 and give them Ws4 and Bs 4, so the player can tailor them for shooting or combat or both, based on equipment and advancement rolls. Their max number probably needs a cap, like 0-7.

Another henchmen type wouldn't be bad, either. Maybe Zealots? Cost 25gc, Ws/Bs2, but are immune to fear? Hunting Dogs, with Move 9 and S3?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2008 - 9:53

yes, it would be better, i would like more ideas too, im sure that we could make an originous warband, now im working in other proyects, but i dont want to let it, thanks for the comments guys lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Estalian warband rules   rules - Estalian warband rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Estalian warband rules
Page 1 of 1