Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
Yodhrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

Trading Reputation : 0

Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2016 - 23:35

This is less a "what do the rules say" post than it is a "should they say that" one.

The Miracle Workers pdf is fantastic, but I'm a bit worried it gives an unfair advantage to Mercenary warbands by allowing them to start a campaign with 6 Heroes rather than the normal 5, so my instinct is to houserule it so that if a player chooses to hire a Priest they can only hire one Champion(or equivalent, and if the Priest dies or is sacked later on they get that "slot" back and can hire a second Champion instead if they like) - does that sound about right or am I pushing the balance too far the other way?

I'm also planning to add the Trident(essentially a spear with Parry for 15gc) as an option for Marienburg warbands, but what Rarity do folk think is fair for purchases later?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2016 - 4:36

Myself and several other members of this forum had brought this up with werekin when the rules were first published on-line. Like years ago. He seemed to come around to modifying them, but didn't. My group used the change you describe for a couple of campaigns. (Because that's how the Priest of Morr and the Wolf Priest are written.)

Then I noticed that his rules had not changed and I stopped recommending them as an option in our campaigns (to reduce the amount of confusion between how we play and how the rules are written in the online PDF.)

We only used a couple of the priests (three actually) anyway, with mixed results.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2016 - 9:36

The author, werekin (Stu), has stated on this forum that the priest must replace one of the starting heroes. Those are the rules now and it is unfortunate that he hasn't uploaded an updated PDF yet. Mercenaries can no longer start with six heroes.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2016 - 13:39

In my group we experimented with allowing all spears to parry and it didn't seem to unbalance anything. These days we play they only get parry when used two-handed, but only cost 5 gold. I would imagine you could include tridents without upsetting anything.

As far as the trident rarity goes, if you must put a rarity on on the trident at all, only about 5 or 6 should be fine. Certainly I wouldn't complain about it being used against me.
Back to top Go down
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2016 - 1:27

Hey guys,

the rules about the priest replacing a hero slot appears to be in the latest version of miracle workers.
also in Unknowable Cargo it has a rarity for the trident, which is 7!
one thing i did notice about the trident is that its not unweildy, it just has strike first and parry.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2016 - 14:37

@DicLombardi... Do you have the link/file? The article linked to in the "Believe in Miracles" Liber Malefic post still does not contain this correct.

http://libermalefic.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/believe-in-miracles.html

I didn't know that the trident was originally missing from the article. The scythe for the Priest of Morr is missing a cost and rarity and I hope that this gets fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2016 - 22:04

The Dropbox post does though, which may alleviate my confusion and disillusion earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91frsd2dftrq7ds/AAC0pPIH_icZ_EALGczkdM7ca?dl=0
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2016 - 22:56

I love this addon and we play it like it is written now.
Back to top Go down
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitimeTue 3 May 2016 - 1:26

@rationallemming, as Von Kurst said, we're using the one from the public dropbox file.

I love the miracle workers supplement, couldnt have won the BTB with the Merchant Caravans without my priest of Ranald. I'm trying to convince my Human players to use preist other than Sigmarite priests in our upcoming MiM campaign but they are resisiting for some reason.
i really want to see the priest of Manann in action but i'm going maneaters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes   Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miracle Workers - Priest Heroes
Page 1 of 1