Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarecrow Boat
Warrior
Warrior
Scarecrow Boat

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)   chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2016 - 12:20

Hello everyone. recently I have been working on my new chaos warriors warband for wyrdwars. Lots of fun, and I'm quite happy with the results. I still have some ungor shortbow men to finish up, but here are the pictures of my other finished units.

First off I chose to use female marauders to spice things up a little as I found some nice reaper miniatures. The rest of the figures are GW though.
I went with a snowy base theme for the whole warband, since they come from the north.

First out we have Scarlet, a Marauder Brave. She's very immune to the cold.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) CkJeHE

Then we have Lyza. I tried doing a little glowing gem effect on her sword but I don't think I succeeded that well.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) XdJE55

Last of the marauders is the chief; Thora.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) LrKXhZ
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) FFJj84

Notice the freehand chaos mark, and mark of Khorne. I'm not very good at freehand Razz

Then we have the sorcerors. First an ungor shaman, Baalgruuf, which have gotten a little pile of rocks to stand on. (all rocks and plateaus on the bases are insulation foam)
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) PqtH2E

Next is the chaos sorceror, Vivec. I tried to give him glowing eyes and a blue flaming sword. He casts spells of tzeentch so I went for the blue style. The flames on the sword are made from hot glue gun on a sheet of plastic and then glued on a "flame piece" on either side of the sword. I am very happy with how it turned out, although the edge at the bottom of the flame isn't perfect.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) SmYAeK

Then we have the chaos chosen, the warband leader Imhotep. I watched a video by warbosstae where he painted the figure a little like this. I really like the lava-like style on the shield. The sword was done with wetblending and alternating dark and light on the two edges on the sword.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) T0VmYi
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) PmU4AA
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) BGgiRC

Now we come to the chaos warriors themselves. In wyrdwars they are henchmen to avoid them being too OP. I made some toxic pools on the bases, green stuffed some nurgle growth and leeches here and there, and used hot glue to make dripping goo from some of their weapons. I might make a blood spatter on these figures later, but I'm afraid of ruining anything. I went for a style with lots of rust and dirty worn capes.
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) PLINtx
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) YypLuP

The finally we have the chaos warrior champion, if I manage to get a "lad's got talent" I have a figure ready. Does anyone have a good name for him I can use?
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) 8G7Bwb
chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) TeaRdY
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)   chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2016 - 14:29

EXCELLENT! You have a SPLENDID looking War Band...GREAT brushwork & basing. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)   chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2016 - 3:06

Nice work on the chaos guys thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow Boat
Warrior
Warrior
Scarecrow Boat

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)   chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2016 - 21:48

Thanks. I'm especially happy with the chaos sorcerer. He is just another chaos warrior figure that I have made to look as much as a sorcerer as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)   chaos - Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Warriors Warband (wyrdwars)
Page 1 of 1