Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Nimos Nightgoblins

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Nimo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nimo

Trading Reputation : 0

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 11:52

Hello,
every now and then i was reading a bit in this lovely forum. A few weeks ago i started my little Nightgoblin warband and thought this must be the perfect chance to give something back to this community. I hope my English is understandable and you like my little gits.
I decided to place the heroes on 25mm Bases to have a little space to build nice things onto them.
In Addition I didn't want to paint them black (because black is boring). The color of my choice was blue, with changing hood-colors. Now they might be a little bit to colorfull for “normal” nightgoblins but I like it that way. Enought talk, I know you want to see my little gits:

My Big Boss:
Tazrag, da Chef:
Once upon a time a little goblin-clan was living peacefull (or what goblins think of peacefull) and happy in their tunnel system. Tazrag was one of the little Bosses, without much hope becoming the Big Boss one Day. But suddenly a giant comet hit the earth and the ground was shaking. The Tunnels were collapsing and rocks were raining on the floor. Many goblins were smashed to green  indefinable squish beneath them and Tazrag was hiding fearfully beneath a sofa. When he was sitting there, thinking about his death, he saw the Big Boss stumbling not far from his hidingplace. This was his chance. For a short moment his thirst for power conquerd his fear, he stood up, graped one of the bigger  Rocks and smashed it into the Big Boss head. Now Tazrag was the new Big Boss.
After the earth went quite again, Big Boss Tazrag came out of his hiding place beneath the sofa and gathered the remaining Goblins of the Clan. Because he was now the new Big Boss and was so mighty, big and smart, he couldn't bother with such things as walking on the ground. Tazrag promoted on Snotling to his personal assistant and was now carried around on his sofa of luck. One of his first orders was to go outside to find out what had happened … and to rob, to loot and to murder.

Nimos Nightgoblins KDMlwM7
Nimos Nightgoblins Px1bAHs
Nimos Nightgoblins 973wG5X

My Goblin Shaman
Alibaba da Wundabare:

One Night when Alibaba da Wundabare, back then his name was Gagnax, wandered throught the tunnels and dungeons of his home. Suddenly he discoverd a hole in the wall, leading him into an old cellar of a charlatan and circus-wizzard. While he was going through the crates looting, he had a sudden inspiration (or just a box falling on his head) and the little git Gagnax became the big mighty Wizzard Alibaba da Wundabare.[/i]

Nimos Nightgoblins NsQMKAi
Nimos Nightgoblins YPTrq17
Nimos Nightgoblins Q13IfOq
Nimos Nightgoblins HoAoVE1
Nimos Nightgoblins FhMHr4i

My three Goblin-Heros:

Da Red Butcha
Butcha, is a nasty and sneaky little git. Once he was the most promising aspirant for Big Boss. But then Tazrag and his sofa of luck stole his chance. Now and then Butcha tries to get into Tazrags back and kill him. But of unknown reasons everytime Tazrag survives (maybe his sofa of luck is the origin of his fortune).

Nimos Nightgoblins OV0nQb7
Nimos Nightgoblins QGbweLJ
Nimos Nightgoblins U0sl1Bw

Treiba Olk
Olk has never been very ambitious. He does what he likes and could do best. Hunting and bullying squigs to fight the enemy. Sometimes (to often) he tries to „cheer up“ his fellows with a little music of his bagpipe. But all attempts to murder this source of this gruel noise, failed because of Olks big, red and voracious Friends.

Nimos Nightgoblins 6mUQZeU
Nimos Nightgoblins QOz8dJb
Nimos Nightgoblins NJeIMNu
Nimos Nightgoblins Jo1B5gd

Da Digga

How „Da Digga“ was actually named no one knows. Now everyone calls him “Da Digga”. Everytime and everywhere he digs new holes and tunnels. He has a rare talent in suddenly appearing beneath the Feed of his fellow goblins. Its a miracle no one has been hurt by now. Sometimes he gets a strike on his head, appearing from the ground. But this doesn't stop him from digging new holes. Only his articulation seems a bit off lately.

Nimos Nightgoblins Z2pX4cZ
Nimos Nightgoblins DDP97zo
Nimos Nightgoblins D71QwgE
Nimos Nightgoblins 4UCilez

Gwään, da Pfeil

“After fife years stranded on a hellish island, he came home with only on goal … loot the city.
Now he will fulfill his wish … to be the richest git of mordheim. But to do so he must become someone else … something else.”

Nimos Nightgoblins UnkOk21
Nimos Nightgoblins EJBfElv
Nimos Nightgoblins ZV4uyuD
Nimos Nightgoblins Qq1QSYv

My Snotlings. I began with a Snotling on a chair. It was fun to build this chair (and the table for my great wizard). So i tried to build more funiture, an well it escalated. In the end I was sitting on my desk with a dresser, a second chair, a wardrobe, a little toilet and a crazy laughter on my lips.

Nimos Nightgoblins ArxPm23
Nimos Nightgoblins VitJtse
Nimos Nightgoblins XCQHWsy
Nimos Nightgoblins UBmCtsd
Nimos Nightgoblins ZwTb2xM

Rex
Olks favorite pet. Sometimes life-threatening, sometimes life-saving.
Nimos Nightgoblins VxYa8Cl
Nimos Nightgoblins SaipMpr
Back to top Go down
http://www.makropole-marburg.de
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 14:50

There is nothing as UBERCOOL as Goblins, especially Night Goblins. Your BEAUTIFUL painting & IMAGINATIVE bases with a SPLENDIDLY detailed background story prove this out nicely. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 22:26

Absolutely superb work! I really like the details you've put in every miniature. The furniture is amazing. My favourite? Either Digger or the snotling in the wardrobe. Great work!
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 22:47

Some great Gobbos right there. Just need some Orcs to boss them around, gud'n'proppa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2015 - 5:27

What a superb introduction! Welcome to the forum. You have an amazing band of green loonys there thumbsup thumbsup

The shaman is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Nimo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nimo

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2015 - 16:26

First off, thanks for the compliments.
The last two members of my starting-warband are present:

Snoff and Sniff, da Ugly and da Brave

One day cave ceiling of Snoffs little home collapsed like a house of cards. Snoff simple world was turned upside down. He thought he had done everything right, he ate everything in front of his mouth, he crushed everyone coming near his Club, what could he possibly done wrong – mabye the holy stone he ate in the near village was to much. While he was standing there thinking, a big rock tumbled on his head and the world around him went dark. He awoke stuck beneath a big rock and because of unknown reasons he could not stand up. He lay there for a little while thinking about what went wrong, when suddenly a little green creature appeared in his cave. It was Sniff, a snotling. While Snoff was thinking about how to get this little creature to walk into his mouth, the snotling tried to lift the big rock and free Snoff. Of course without any luck. Then the green creature wandered off. Only to appear a moment later with some old wood and crowd of other snotlings. They builded a strange little structure. Like a seesaw on end stuck beneath the big rock and on the other end the host of snotlings, trying to push it down.They tried and tried harder, but nothing helped. When Snoff saw this he finally decided to stand up and did. The rock had not been to heavy, the stupid troll just forgot how to stand up. Happy, because of his new freedom, Snoff ate a few of the snotlings, only Sniff was spared. Snoff followed the little green creature to the goblin camp, to joint their warband. From time to time he eats some of the delicious green creatures, but never Sniff, because of unknown reasons he spares Sniff, regardless of how much Sniff provokes the troll and this he is doing very often.

Nimos Nightgoblins KFfLYCm
Nimos Nightgoblins GAZzGe1
Nimos Nightgoblins PU4m1Kq
Nimos Nightgoblins LMR3oSK
Nimos Nightgoblins P0V98u3
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2015 - 17:26

OUTSTANDING! That is an exceptional piece of craftsmanship...BEAUTIFULLY painted & IMAGINATIVELY based. Once more the background story enhances the miniatures, making them EVEN MORE attractive. VERY WELL DONE once more!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2015 - 22:56

That is a great little vignette! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2015 - 12:03

Great stuff ma, and welcome to the forum. Love the pieces of scenery that you have put on the bases, full of charcter, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Nimo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nimo

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2015 - 10:49

Thank you, everyone. I'm happy to see that you like my work. I like building Bases - maybe you noticed ;-). Sadly I doesn't have enough time lately to build "bigger Bases" (Buildings and Terrain). But sometime in the future I simply must build a goblin infested mordheim-building, as a hideout for my Warband.

I almost forgot to present you the first "Test-Goblin" I made in the beginning.
The Idea was that a bunch of nightgoblins is hiding in an old cellar anywhere in mordheim and this little sneaky bastard is trying to steal some of the Big Bosses Gold:

Nimos Nightgoblins ELV3en5
Nimos Nightgoblins SX60waU
Nimos Nightgoblins Sno0zzD
Nimos Nightgoblins 1nTJUo6
Nimos Nightgoblins YBBwG20
Nimos Nightgoblins SG1rqgG
Nimos Nightgoblins Nv7GzVt
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2015 - 12:51

FANTASTIC! As a Fellow Fan of both Goblins & bases, I am impressed with your style & imagination. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2015 - 21:18

cheers

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2015 - 1:29

The stairs (and the warband living in a cellar) are great ideas thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2015 - 19:58

Have to admit that these are quite amazing, especially the troll. They've all got that genuine Warhammer goblin-feeling, where the absurd and darkly humorous meets a rusty knife to the stomach Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nimo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nimo

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 12:48

Thank you, it has been fun to build and paint these models, especially the troll. I like this model very much.

Now to my next Models, three very brave henchmen from Gamzone-Miniatures:

"Brave!? Hell yeah, Goblins are very brave. Look at these three brave fellows. Fearless they stick there butt towards the enemy ... okay, an enemy who is several miles away ... and blind on one eye ... and okay its very foggy today. BUT! If the enemy would been much closer, they would do surely the same! "

Nimos Nightgoblins Nrh2qE5
Nimos Nightgoblins APtjc40
Nimos Nightgoblins D1GXRgC
Nimos Nightgoblins EjNUCrS
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:32

Gamezone makes some OUTSTANDING versions of G.W's pieces. The Little Green Guys expressing themselves are FINE & BEAUTIFULLY painted examples. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Tue 17 Nov 2015 - 23:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nimo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nimo

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2015 - 23:41

Quote :

From the deep dark shadow raises a bloodthirsty creature. Green is his skin and black his soul, insatiable his bloodred thirst. While honest folk is lying in bed, he stalks in the moonlight to abduct young maidens, to slaughter the innocent.
-- Legend of Count Gobular, writen by Count Gobular

In our next mordheim-winter-campain we want to use the madnessrules out of one towncryer. While I was reading the rules, a brilliant idea came to my mind. A Goblin, thinking he is a vampire. Thousands images and idea were floating through my mind and I knew: I had to build this miniature.
So I started with the Count himself. A Collar and a batlike cape was what every honest vampire should possess. After that I was thinking about a suitable base for him. First I wanted to use a "normal" 25mm Base with a simple Bat-Squig on the base. But the, I suppose, myself went mad too. I took a 40mm Base, a nice little cliff, an altar ontop and a honest young maiden:

Nimos Nightgoblins HFRQWrS

Mabye I will never play this model in combat, but it was a hell lot of fun to build and paint it. Mabye Sometime I will consider to build some companions. Some Zombie-Gobbos or an Igor-like goblin-butler. Eventually a full undead-goblin-warband.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2015 - 23:50

That is an INSPIRED although NUTS creation; as a Fan of Nuts I love it. A FANTASTIC idea VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Goblins lend themselves to all sorts of amusing & highly inappropriate roles with their only limitation being our imaginations.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2015 - 4:28

I love this thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2015 - 19:54

cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nimos Nightgoblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimos Nightgoblins   Nimos Nightgoblins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nimos Nightgoblins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: Gallery :: Miniatures-