Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anghovar

Anghovar

Trading Reputation : 0

Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Empty
PostSubject: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2015 - 14:58

Hi guys , i recently got an Arabian Merchant in my lizardmen band , and the question is simple : how do you get the most of him ?

Did is stone cutter skill is worth it ? or do you give him other skills ?

Any tips to max out the money he can do with is abilities ?

Thx for your aswers guys !
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2015 - 4:27

Oi! I have asked that question myself. So what possible skills could he take? He is not a hero so he can not benefit from ANY academic skills as far as I can tell. He can not buy anything. He cannot haggle for anything because he cannot search for rare items or buy them. He can't search so he Streetwise is of no use... He doesn't cast spells so...

He starts with all the cool skills he needs. The bodyguard is, well, dumb, but taking that skill is your only option besides taking wyrdstone cutter.

As for cutter I have seen folks make money on that every round. I haven't been able to myself, but I have seen others. Or at least I heard them make the claim. [Never saw them make the roll for doing it, but they always claimed the maximum. I don't play with them any more...]

Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2015 - 20:38

I liked the aArabian Merchant for my Arabian nomad warband. But he did not kake a lt of impact yet.
But I also played them only for four games.

I am in love with the concept of this hired sword. He will earn his loan by just buying cheaper and selling things higher and if he gets the stone cutter skill he costs roughly 1.75 gc less per round ( I prefer the body guard becaus he is another body for no costs)

Fo a warband like the Osterlanders he will earn his keep eveytime
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2015 - 22:06

Quote :
For a warband like the Osterlanders he will earn his keep every time

If the Ostlanders could take him which I doubt. (They have odd HS rules, see Self Sufficient, Ostlander warband special rules.)
With most other warbands that can hire him, the Merchant pays for himself every game. (Especially in the Sartosa setting, oi!

Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2015 - 7:57

Yeah you are right I forgot this rule. I did not play Ostlanders yet so my rules knowledge is not so deepend with them yet.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !   Needing advices on Arabian Merchant ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needing advices on Arabian Merchant !
Page 1 of 1