Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Cavalcade

Go down 
+12
TenebraeLux
MasterSpark
Lord Lucius
Nasse
Von Kurst
floedebolle
DeafNala
SerialMoM
Grimscull
RationalLemming
The Black Flame
werekin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

The Cavalcade - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 8:42

Lord Lucius wrote:
My gaming group has been testing this warband and a few obvious things have jumped out:

Boar spears: Spear + Halberd + tentacle mutation rule all combined for 15gc... far too good.
Masks: full of flavour but after a while gc's become aplenty and the masks just become insanely good. there should be a handicap.for wearing them to counter balance them.
cathayan armour: oh look, light armour + cathayan armour = a common version of ithilmar armour for a third.of the cost, imagine combining it with gromril or actual ithilmar armour. far to cheap for the amazing benefit
miseracordia: way to good a bonus for free.. it should be 10gc and something not automatically given to everyone.

beasts:

bear: half the price of the existing one, no requirement for a bear tamer, can get frenzied AND gain experience... yeah needs work
Beasts: alive better versions of dire wolves for cheaper and can gain experience. .. starting to see a trend.
monkey: so yeah M6? as fast as a war dog? 3 free skills? hits like a truck? gains experience.  its basicalluy an acrobatic gghoul on roids... oh and its cheap.

sadly we have come to the conclusion that this is more like a fanboi wish list filled with very strong choices and no real weakness (bar 13 members -not huge really- and no hired swords -reasonable handicap)

lets hope play testing hamstrings this list, otherwise we will get blunderbus, crossbow barrages followed by fast (m6) multiple high strength and attack charging beasts...

TL:DR plays like an OP wishlist

Have not played the warband yet ( I am not sure in meantime if this warband fits to my picture of Mordheim), but I posted similar constraints on facebook. Especially about the beasts. The weapon seemed too strong to me too. You really should post your experience on his facebook page if not already done.

Good job nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Lord Lucius
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lord Lucius

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 9:39

its reassuring to see that our concerns aren't isolated SerialMOM.

Unfortunately I have done my best to avoid facebook for many a year and don't intend to return to it. Hopefully there will be a forum for it as the project develops.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 9:59

I can take your feedback to him if you want me to. I'll credit it to you, of course.
Back to top Go down
Lord Lucius
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lord Lucius

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 10:04

That would be great. To make the feedback more positive:

the optional customisation for the scribe is great and the banner adds goods flavour too to the warband as well.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:34

Tuomas returns with the following.

"Yes, I am already working on pretty much on all of these things, thanks for the feedback!"

Let's hope he gets an update out soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
TenebraeLux
Warrior
Warrior
TenebraeLux

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2015 - 8:52

One minor thing to point out: there is no associated price for the Plague Doctor Mask.  I imagine that's already been addressed, but just in case.  I'd look in to things on Facebook, but I avoid that thrice- cursed pit like the… plague.  Very Happy

Please keep the updates coming!  This is quite exciting news, and very interesting to see how the warband evolves.
Back to top Go down
The Nick
Champion
Champion
The Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2015 - 8:55

Can we get an update when this is finished or even just edited up?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2015 - 9:08

There are no news yet.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2016 - 0:55

Ha. Missed this thread until today. Nice!
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2016 - 10:08

Tuomas said on Facebook that he'll post an updated warband next week.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2016 - 15:20

That's good news too!
Back to top Go down
TenebraeLux
Warrior
Warrior
TenebraeLux

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 3:17

Was the warband ever finished?  Or given more updates?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2016 - 10:45

Tuomas has just posted "Mordheim Story and Cavalcade Warband" on Facebook. He said this is his original vision for how Mordheim was destroyed and is the introduction the Cavalcade warband which he will post shortly. If you have Facebook then here is the link so that you can go and like his post.

https://www.facebook.com/DesignbyTuomasPirinen/posts/1790486687866421

Here is a copy of his post for those without Facebook.

Tuomas Pirinen wrote:
MORDHEIM STORY AND CAVALCADE WARBAND
First off, my humble apologies –I’ve meant to complete my work on the Cavalcade warband for ages now, but real life ™ has interfered as it usually does. Running your own company is incredibly time-consuming business, but I’ve vowed to complete this work, so complete it I shall!
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on the Alpha rules I made –It was tremendously useful, and led to numerous revisions and balancing passes, which I am going to share next. Apologies for the loooooong wait!
Meanwhile, here is the full background info on the destruction of Mordheim. Since I do not work for GW, you should really consider this as “fanfiction” instead canon, albeit written by the original creator. This is how I imagined the things I left untold in the rulebook. I hope you find it entertaining.
THE DOOM OF MORDHEIM,
As recounted by Berth Bestraufrung, the High Matriarch of the Sisters of Sigmar.
As the Imperial Calendar approached year 2000, a terrible civil war tore the realm of Sigmar as never before. The three claimants for the imperial throne vied for power and influence in order to claim the crown of the Emperors for themselves as the land of Sigmar suffered.
But in the ancient palace of Mordheim, count Steinhardt, the Elector of Ostermark, had slowly come to realize that despite his own noble lineage and the Runefang he proudly wielded, and the greatness of his Provincial capital Mordheim, he nor his heirs would ever sit on the throne of Sigmar. He had sought a blessing from the Grand Theogonist to lay claim to the throne. But the High Priest of Sigmar had turned him away dismissively: the crown would go to Reikland as far as the leader of the Church of Sigmar was concerned. No little rural province would ever gain it. Regardless of the wealth and splendor of Mordheim, the count could not raise an army to match even the smallest forces of Middenheim or Marienburg. Dark mood overtook the ruler of Ostermark, once judged to be the best and noblest of all the Electors of the Empire.
As time passed neither song or wine nor exotic drugs from far-off lands of Araby could lift Stenhardt’s mood any longer. From melancholy he slowly descended into hate and from hate into torpor from which he rarely stirred. Soon his court fell into disrepute as he no longer tolerated anyone but flatterers and toadies in his presence. Elves of the of the Forest of Shadows, long-time allies of Ostermark, no longer visited his court. Since time immemorial the High Matriarch of Sigmar’s Rock had been the confessor and the closest advisor of the Elector Count of Ostermark. Now the count started to ignore the wise words of High Matriarch Cassandra, despite her well-earned reputation of prophetic powers. The revered blind Matriarch, an Augur since her youth, remained loyal to the count and Ostermark, but Steinhardt set her aside in his court, relegating her to purely ceremonial duties.
Years passed and Ostermark’s affairs were neglected and fell into ruin and decay. But then one night a man wearing a cloak red as blood, his face hidden by a hood, appeared at the Mordheim palace gates, requesting an audience with the count in order to lift him from his malaise. The protestations of the High Matriarch Cassandra of the SIgmar’s Rock fell on deaf ears when she demanded the Man in Red to remove his hood. For to surprise of many, the count did not turn the man away as he had done to all the priests, sages and doctors that had come before, but invited him to his private chambers instead, and dismissed his bodyguards. There the Man in Red produced a sliver flute from his robes and played a haunting, otherworldly tune for the count for what seemed like an eternity. Somehow, it roused the Elector from his torpor, and he returned to his duties as the ruler of the Province invigorated but changed.
From that day on, Ostermark had a new power that stood behind the throne. The Man in Red whispered into Count’s ear of a great power that could be achieved,, enough might to humble the arrogant rulers of Reikland, Middenheim and Marienburg. Power aplenty to ascend to the throne of the Empire itself. With proper rites and incantations, a shard of the dark moon Morrslieb could be coerced into descend down to earth, and with it would come wondrous holy power to bend any man to the will of the one who summoned the comet. Beguiled by the soft voice of his new advisor and the mystical sound of the silver flute, the Count set the plan in motion. As instructed by the Man in Red, the count built vast gaols deep beneath his palace, and a black slab to stand in the middle of the greatest catacomb opposite of his thorne, their intended purpose unknown to the stonemasons who labored under the instructions of the Man in Red. The count commissioned great many masks, ostensibly for his private masked balls, but they were made of metal and forged to withstand any heat or cut of a sword. He gathered a great store of weapons to the catacombs, and one by one he introduced the most ruthless and ambitious of his nobles into his inner circle to carry out the rites required by the Man in Red.
Soon after street urchins of Mordheim begun to disappear from the back alleys during dark of the night. Citizens whispered of groups of richly-dressed masked men prowling the streets. The servants of the Elector Count gossiped how their master would gather his most loyal nobles into secret meetings deep beneath the palace. Muffled cries could be heard coming from beneath the ground on the nights when the dark moon Morrslieb was full. But such rumors were soon culled as the servants of the palace either disappeared, or started to wear red cloaks and hoods, marking them as loyal to the Man in Red.
Then one night the prophetic powers of Cassandra woke her from her bed in the Count’s palace where she had been tending to the spiritual needs of the few remaining inhabitants of the palace who still prayed to Sigmar. She had seen a true vision, and knew that all those nobles who still followed the patron god of the Empire now lay dead, assassinated in their beds, and that she was to be the final victim, tied to a stone slab in the catacombs deep beneath the count’s palace. She escaped through the night with the masked killers of the count in hot pursuit. She only barely made it to Sigmar’s Rock with the poisoned bolt lodged in her back. With her dying breath she summoned sister Bertha Bestraufung, and made her the new High Matriarch and the abbedissa of Sigmar’s Rock. From her robes Cassandra revealed a blade she had taken as she fled from the palace: She entrusted Bertha with the Runefang, one of the twelve blades of Sigmar (for the count no longer could stand to touch it), and told the new High Matriarch of the vision she had seen in his sleep of the coming destruction of Mordheim before she perished. So under the orders of the newly-appointed abbedissa, the great gates of Sigmar’s Rock were closed and barred. Despite the demands of the servants count who accused the Sisters of stealing the holy Runefang, the impenetrable gates remained locked, as the Sisters set themselves apart from the corruption that spread throughout Mordheim as the common people started to imitate the unhealthy lifestyles of their rulers. Vice of every kind took root in Mordheim, and soon the city descended into state of unnatural, vicious frenzy.
Within weeks the situation took a turn to worse when the twin-tailed comet appeared in the night sky high above Mordheim. As the tale of this wondrous sign spread throughout the Empire, the population of city swell as people came from far and wide to witness the miracle of the twin-tailed comet. The great ritual of the Man in Red was to be soon completed, and the pace of disappearance of people from the streets of Mordheim increased.
Then came the fateful night when the comet fell upon the city. After ascending to the balcony of his highest tower as the Man in Red had suggested, Count Steinhardt realized his folly at last –but it was all too late: instead of power to rule the world, the comet had come to bring the wrath of Sigmar on Earth. The count and almost all of the people of his city perished screaming in flames, as the fiery comet plummeted down to earth with unimaginable power and shattered into millions of pieces.
And yet all did not go to the plan of the Man in Red. Thanks to the ceaseless prayers of the Sisters of Sigmar, a handful of men and women survived the coming of the comet. Thus the Great Sacrifice had not been completed: Instead of staying whole as the Man in Red had intended, the meteor shattered into untold number of pieces, and the dark shadow riding on the comet across the gulf of space that the Augurs of the Sisterhood had seen in their dreams was now trapped inside the crater left by the comet: without nourishing magic crystals the entity that was powerless to travel across the land of men.
So in the catacombs below count’s palace, the corrupt nobles and their servants gathered around the empty throne, where Man in Red sat, smoldering in rage, for his plan had failed: he had hoped to control the entity and the power of comet. Instead, the man across the Empire he had planned to use as his invincible army lay dead: the magical comet was shattered, the creature of great power he had planned to command was unshackled, and had begun to draw servants of his own. No doubt the great powers across the Old World would soon gather here to vie for the shards of the wyrdstone.
Then the Man in Red grasped his flute and played a harrowing, terrible tune, his sibilant voice bending the great men of Mordheim and their entourage to his will. If the comet’s shards could be collected, the nobles of Mordheim could still grasp victory from the jaws of defeat and utter ruin. With enough magical stones the Man in Red could still command the fell creature that came with the comet and lead the nobles in the conquest of the Empire. Caught between the sorcerous tune of the flute and the reality that they could never again escape the attention of the Witch Hunters, the nobles donned their masks and gathered their few remaining corrupt servants, armed themselves and headed out to the ruins in small groups.
So now from underneath the catacombs the masked bands of nobles venture out, under the bidding of the magical flute of the Man in Red which can be heard eerily playing in the air where-ever they appear. They hunt the dark ruined streets of Mordheim, killing all those in their path, and tirelessly collect the shards of magical stone, taking it back to the vast underground throne room where the Man in Red sits on the throne of the count of Ostermark, as the wyrdstone shard plies grow around him, glowing sickly in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2016 - 20:33

Was a final version of Tuomas' comments ever located?
Back to top Go down
Dreadaxe
Champion
Champion
Dreadaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 23:44

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalcade   The Cavalcade - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cavalcade
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: