Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possessed attacks with what exactly??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo-Rider
Hero
Hero
Echo-Rider

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Empty
PostSubject: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2015 - 11:08

So I have run a side warband for a friend to try Mordheim out, I am used to playing possessed but I have never really worked out what a Possessed attacks with. I assume its a great claw or something of that ilk so its unarmed combat.

Do I take the strength of the possessed itself as the weapon's strength when rolling to wound or do I go by that of a fist?

Similarly when using the optional critical hit rules in the back of the book my friend and I are opting for the rules relating to fists, claws and animals rather than anything else.

Any advice or direction would be gratefully received.

Echo
Back to top Go down
http://www.greencloaks.co.uk
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2015 - 11:22

Hi Echo,

The "fist" weapon is only used when a fighter that ordinarily uses something else loses it. At the moment the only way to lose a weapon that I can think of is a 5 on the clubs critical hit chart. If a fighter loses every last weapon (first the sword, then the dagger, for example) then he's stuck with only his fists and uses the "fist" weapon with all the penalties described.

However, several things in the game have a rule saying they don't suffer any penalties from fighting unarmed. Ghouls and possessed are two examples, zombies and animals in general also. These fight as if they were armed with weapons even though they're not. The difference is that they use the unarmed critical hit chart. So a brand new possessed without mutations would get to attack with 2 S4 attacks as normal, with no penalties for being unarmed.
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2015 - 19:25

The Swordbreaker weapon can also render a warrior weaponless.

As far as optional crit charts, you are correct in which one you should be using.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2015 - 20:42

Thanks Noisy, I knew I had forgotten something.

Another important difference this makes is that unarmed fighters cannot be disarmed. They'll always get to fight with full efficiency. The tradeoff is that they miss out on weapon special rules and have a generally worse critical hit chart.
Back to top Go down
Echo-Rider
Hero
Hero
Echo-Rider

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2015 - 10:49

Awesome thank you master Spark!
Back to top Go down
http://www.greencloaks.co.uk
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:36

Question on Ghouls, Zombies, and non-mutated Possessed, fighting unarmed, does their opponent get the 6+ armor save for fight without weapons?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:41

No. The rules state that these warriors fight unarmed and suffer no penalties. The opponent gaining a 6+ armour save is a penalty. Therefore the armour save does not apply.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2015 - 21:10

Thank you. I'll bring this up next game time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possessed attacks with what exactly??   possessed - Possessed attacks with what exactly?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possessed attacks with what exactly??
Page 1 of 1