Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Average GP income per game?

Go down 
+4
Wyrdstone Dave
qboid
MasterSpark
Jedfordski
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

Trading Reputation : 0

Average GP income per game? Empty
PostSubject: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 12:07

Hi guys,

I'm going to start my first campaign with my son soon and I'm trying to get him to use a fairly balanced Skaven list with the aim to add a Rat Ogre when he can afford it, rather than blow his budget at the start. How many games would it take, on average, for him to be able to afford this? We'll both be fielding as many Heroes as we can to aid in this Smile

Cheers,

Jed
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 13:35

I usually try to get away with 50gc to save after every game but it depends a lot on how safe you keep your heroes and how your post battle rolls go. You don't want the rest of the warband to sink while you're saving up gold for something tasty but in the end less useful than keeping your body count up.

I would say 4-6 games to save up for the rat ogre from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 15:01

Cool, it'll be good for him to have a goal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 19:00

yeah it took me six games to get a Minotaur for my beastmen i think.
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 5:24

I'd agree about 5-6 games. It will vary depending on the warband and what other losses it may suffer in the early games.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 14:54

As usual I am bemused by this topic. The average income of a warband is pretty easy to calculate once you know the number of heroes and the total number of warriors in the warband. Everyone has made their answers without this knowledge as far as I can tell. How did you arrive at your answers?

I mean we are talking about Skaven here, so one should figure that they will start in the 13-15 column with 6 heroes generating income. Average income on my table is 55-60... The cheapest warrior a skaven can buy costs 15. I'm not seeing this work out.

I always start with the rat ogre.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 15:27

Von Kurst wrote:
As usual I am bemused by this topic.  The average income of a warband is pretty easy to calculate once you know the number of heroes and the total number of warriors in the warband.  Everyone has made their answers without this knowledge as far as I can tell.  How did you arrive at your answers?

I mean we are talking about Skaven here, so one should figure that they will start in the 13-15 column with 6 heroes generating income.  Average income on my table is 55-60...  The cheapest warrior a skaven can buy costs 15.  I'm not seeing this work out.

I always start with the rat ogre.

Outside of just the exploration dice shards there's also the scenario-specific winnings and the exploration chart to benefit from. That's hard to calculate and rely on but a good roll will boost your gc earnings, and over the course of several games something usually does come up.
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 16:55

It'll also depend on win-loss ratio and how conservative you are with your heroes. If all six are searching every game because tehy sit back, let the henchmen take the heat, and rout it's a different average than if they get thrown into the fray and you end up with only 3 exploration rolls.

Another thing to consider is replacing casualties or buying important gear like lucky charms. If he's going to buy NOTHING until he can afford a rat ogre I'd say it's a better bet to have it from the start.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 23:35

I would struggle to save up enough money over 6 games to by a rat ogre while also buying equipment and replacement warriors.

Question: Do those of you who can do it quickly play a high proportion of scenarios that have a lot of rewards at the end?
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 23:54

All our scenarios have been random rolls on the core rulebook table.

My beastmen replaced the shaman once, and maybe the odd henchman or chaos hound, but bought zero equipment.

I had target fixation on getting that Minotaur.

Edit: oh and no hired swords
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2015 - 0:32

RationalLemming wrote:

Question: Do those of you who can do it quickly play a high proportion of scenarios that have a lot of rewards at the end?

Same as Qboid for me: random core rulebook scenarios only. Defend the find, hidden treasure, chance encounter and wyrdstone hunt are all potential treasure troves. I am defensive with my heroes at the start of a campaign until they get some XP under their belts although I usually keep a dreg on sacrificial duty to draw attention away from any ghouls who might be in trouble. They're only half as much to replace as the henchmen so there's a certain balance to strike there...
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2015 - 9:03

@qboid and MasterSpark... thanks. I think that I play quite aggressively and use my heroes extensively so I guess that is the difference.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2015 - 13:23

If you play multiplayer games alliances can be a good way to save on having to replenish numbers and get the win, in the town criers there is a scenario call a night at the docks, i found that to be one of the most profitable scenarios and also there is a mummy's tomb scenario in the town criers which is very profitable,
Capturing heroes and ransoming them back works too.
At the start of the campaign once i have 6 heroes I usually find myself with 40-60 gc left after each game after i pay for hired swords and henchmen.
towards the end when i am geared up i make about 100gc per game before hired swords and henchmen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average GP income per game?   Average GP income per game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Average GP income per game?
Page 1 of 1