Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
qboid
WarbandMinis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Empty
PostSubject: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015 - 10:35

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sisters-of-serens-fantasy-miniatures

Did a quick search, didn't find a thread for it, so here it is.

The renders do look nice.

Cheers,
Daniel

ps. I promise to be back with some pics sometime soon... I have just been very busy. Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbandMinis
Youngblood
Youngblood
WarbandMinis

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2015 - 20:24

Hello everybody,

I'm Guillermo Sanchez the owner of the "Sisters of Serens" Campaign. Ask me what you want (related with the campaign). Some feedback would be nice also. Smile

By the way, we have changed the shipping time. We will be releasing in mid November if the campaign funds. Just in time for Christmas!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sisters-of-serens-fantasy-min
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015 - 17:32

They are completely amazing and i want them.
Come next payday i think im going to be supporting my first "kickstarter".
Back to top Go down
WarbandMinis
Youngblood
Youngblood
WarbandMinis

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2015 - 17:52

qboid wrote:
They are completely amazing and i want them.
Come next payday i think im going to be supporting my first "kickstarter".

Hey! Thank you! I'm glad you like them.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarbandMinis
Youngblood
Youngblood
WarbandMinis

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015 - 22:26

sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Publi_zps2usuxrmt

I know we are still far from the founding objective of the campaign. Too bad... But, to encourage those of you that are still thinking whether to participate or not in our campaign... We have decided to UNLOCK FOR FRRRRRREEE the following stretch goals!!!! Weapon Sprue 2, Novice 1b and Sister 1b.

You can get them here!

That makes a total of 8 different miniatures and 3 sprues available in the crowdfunding campaign and 7 different miniatures plus two sprues if you choose the 10 Members Warband perk!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015 - 22:44

Let me preface my remarks by saying that I'm not a fan G.W's business ethics or lack thereof; AND I think your creations are really quite LOVELY pieces. However, your Sisters appear to be pretty blatant infringements on G.W's heavily guarded intellectual property. Considering their tendency to shut down operations for intruding of their perceived rights, I wonder how may people are willing to risk their money with the chance you will get a cease & desist notice before you can fulfill your kickstart.
I do, however, wish you the best of luck with your venture.
Back to top Go down
WarbandMinis
Youngblood
Youngblood
WarbandMinis

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2015 - 23:29

DeafNala wrote:
Let me preface my remarks by saying that I'm not a fan G.W's business ethics or lack thereof; AND I think your creations are really quite LOVELY pieces. However, your Sisters appear to be pretty blatant infringements on G.W's heavily guarded intellectual property. Considering their tendency to shut down operations for intruding of their perceived rights, I wonder how may people are willing to risk their money with the chance you will get a cease & desist notice before you can fulfill your kickstart.
I do, however, wish you the best of luck with your venture.

First of all, I'm glad you like the miniatures. Very glad indeed. Thank you. Smile

Second, the miniatures are supposed to serve as proxies of the Sisters of Sigmar warband. We designed them different enough from the models released back in the 00' to avoid problems with GW because we don't have the rights to use their IP as you well stated. They have different iconography, clothes and design, and we have avoided registered trademarks, as Sigmar, the twin tale comet, Mordheim, etc. In the end, they are battle nuns with hammers. I think that they don't represent a blatant infringement of GW IP, but I respect your opinion if you do.

Third, there is as you pointed, a risk in the form of a C&D letter. I don't deny it. But from the perspective of the bakers, we (as Warband Miniatures) are the ones to be worried, not them. The backers will get a full refund from Indiegogo, we in Warband will be the ones getting a heart attack or two. Very Happy

Thank you very much for your comments, they were really constructive.
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2015 - 13:54

Supported, really hope this comes off for you, the minis are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2015 - 14:25

WarbandMinis wrote:
Ask me what you want (related with the campaign). Some feedback would be nice also. Smile
They look good. The one thing putting me off is they will be made of resin.

Being of a certain age with clumsy gaming friends, I am always hesitant to buy resin for gaming figures. While I realise that plastic is out of reach for cost reasons, maybe a white metal figures option would be possible?
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2015 - 19:09

While I am still worried about GW taking action, I decided to back. The designs are fantastic and I always am looking for more options to use for Mordheim.

Still a ways to go, but there's been a lot of activity lately - and in my experience, crowdfunding often sees big gains towards the end - so I'm hopeful it'll fund!
Back to top Go down
WarbandMinis
Youngblood
Youngblood
WarbandMinis

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2015 - 22:11

Quote :

(..) I am always hesitant to buy resin for gaming figures. While I realise that plastic is out of reach for cost reasons, maybe a white metal figures option would be possible?

As I said in the infamous Youtube video where I show the resin we will be using in the crowdfunding, I'm a metal guy but I'm afraid that right now is not possible for me to cast two different batches, one in resin and one in white metal. I chose the resin over the metal because as the caster show me that his resin is more similar to plastic and has a lower cost with the same production time. So I'm sorry, but not metal for now.

Quote :

While I am still worried about GW taking action, I decided to back.

Thank you. I also hope that It will fund Smile
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2015 - 19:21

All the best for you, looks awesome!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2015 - 20:20

great news this has funded!
Congratulations to you both, i cant wait to pick the minis. I will be doing a Sisters warband in our next campaign so i am going to want the pledge set, and will be after a few more on top.
Im assuming you will have a web shop so i can order more?
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2015 - 21:53

Sorry, I came late to the conversation. I was going to suggest that if your minis are to close to GW's, I would suggest changing to Holy Symbol to something other than a hammer and change the name "Sisters" to something else. "Sisters Of Sigmar" may be a patent issue. But I believe there wouldn't be a patent when it come to battle nuns themselves, or there would be issues with any nuns doing combat in games and/or movies. I like your minis so far and hope to see them for sale for me to purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens   sisters - IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IndieGoGo for Sisters of Sig... Serens
Page 1 of 1