Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Leadership Value of 11

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Leadership Value of 11 Empty
PostSubject: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014 - 0:02

A leader with 10 Leadership (Dwarves, Vampires, etc.) using a War Horn; does that bring the Ld value to 11?

I'm in a bit of a rush, so cannot check it myself, but don't know if there's anything about it. Perhaps something about no stats being able to go above 10 somewhere?
Back to top Go down
elde
Hero
Hero
elde

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014 - 10:48

Max Ld for vampires and dwarves is 10, yes. I don't remember anything being said about staats going over 10 anywhere. Annual says only this about the warhorn:

Mordheim Annual 2002 wrote:
A war horn may be used once per battle at the beginning of any turn. It allows the warband to increase its Leadership by +1. The effect will last from the start of one turn to the start of the next. The war horn can be used just before a warband is about to take a Rout test.

There's no mention about exceeding one's racial maximums, but it's not the only item to do so. A similar example: you can have a human with S4 (again, racial max) use a two-handed weapon (+2S) exceeding the racial maximum as well.
Back to top Go down
MrDancyPants
Knight
Knight
MrDancyPants

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014 - 17:35

I know in other GW games, no stat may increase above 10 for any reason. Not sure if that's part of this game.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014 - 23:16

I don't think that it is mentioned in the rules anywhere of a hard limit for Leadership in Mordheim. Other GW games could be used as a guide if desired but elde's suggestion is fine for me. The caveat is that a roll of 12 should always fail regardless of Leadership. On that thought though, allowing Leadership 11 would be quite powerful because rolling a 12 doesn't happen very often.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2014 - 13:09

Damn. Dwarves just got even more competetive, despite being one of the most competetive ones. Need this for my Vampire as well, failed my last rout test at 11 Razz though as old Warhammer players someone will probably suggest House ruling it ^_^
Back to top Go down
elde
Hero
Hero
elde

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2014 - 22:29

I also learned something new there, rereading the warhorn rules. I had always thought, it's just the horn blower who gets the Ld bonus, but it's actually the whole warband. Suddenly, the horn is even more valuable.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2014 - 0:28

elde wrote:
I also learned something new there, rereading the warhorn rules. I had always thought, it's just the horn blower who gets the Ld bonus, but it's actually the whole warband. Suddenly, the horn is even more valuable.

It is very much indeed. Recommended it to my Orc friend, since he kept failing Stupidity rolls on his Troll. I am going to regret that Very Happy

Found something interesting in the Kislevite warband, which could be used as a guideline:

Quote :
Vodka
In game terms, vodka is a one-use item of equipment that a Kislevite Hero may give to the warband before the start of the game. Every warrior in the warband receives +1 Leadership (up to a maximum of 10) for that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Value of 11   Leadership Value of 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leadership Value of 11
Page 1 of 1