Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Murderheim

Go down 
+11
Jones Babones
The Yak
Vagabond
floedebolle
Saluksic
SerialMoM
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Slannman
RationalLemming
Din
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

Trading Reputation : 0

Murderheim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 4:50

Murderheim - Mercenary Challenge
(part eight)

GAME SIX - THE POOL

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESIX-deployment_zpsa117af20

A pool (with a radius of approximately 6") is placed in the centre of the board. The pool contains a random number of wyrdstone shards. Any model at least within 1" of the pool at their end of a turn may attempt to find a piece on the D6 roll of a 1 or 2, provided they have spent the turn doing nothing except searching, and there are no friends or foe within 1".

All players deploy within 6" of their table edge, no model may be deployed within 6" of an opponents model. Winner is the last player to fail a rout test.

THE BATTLE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESIX-02_zps27ede9ae

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESIX-01_zps7e15d0f6

Frasier's Felons were first to arrive at the pool and wasted no time in searching. The Reiklanders of Rolaf's Old Guard were next to arrive and engaged the Marienburgers on their flank.
The Middenheimers were momentarily distracted with the arrival of a Sister of Sigmar Matriarch (Random Event - the Last One Standing) driven insane from the horrors of Mordheim, who was fortunately quickly dispatched. Then suddenly movement was restricted to half pace from a minor tremor (Random Event - Earthquake) taking place.
While a few of the Reiklanders managed to fight their way to the pool and managed to cut down several in their path, these were eventually defeated by the Marienburger forces. Who were making the search for wyrdstone their main focus.
Next to arrive in the battle were three crazed Flagellants (Random Event - the Lost), who ran straight for a lone Middenheimer hero attempting to climb up the side of ruined building. As the main fight raged on by the wyrdstone pool, the Reiklanders saw the wisdom in living to fight another day and broke. The Middenheimers who were looking good despite having only lost a few of their number, pressed for the objective. Realising that the battle was about to sway against them, the Marienburgers attacked with renewed vigor and forced back the Middenheimers putting them into retreat.

Winner - Mister BlahBlah's Marienburgers

POST GAME SEQUENCE

CASUALTIES AND INJURIES

REIKLANDERS
Krum (warrior): Dead
Heinrich (Champion): Survived Against the Odds +1 EXP

MARIENBURGERS
Swordsman: Dead
Warrior (with greatweapon): Dead
Warrior (with greatsword): Dead

MIDDENHEIMERS
Warrior (with dagger): Dead

ADVANCEMENTS

REIKLANDERS
Edgar (Swordsman): +1 LD

MARIENBURGERS
Hubert (warrior with sword & axe): +1 BS
Rudolf (Champion): Expert Swordsman
Fabian (Youngblood): +1 BS
Jerome (Marksman Hero): +1 BS

MIDDENHEIMERS
Wolfgang (Champion): Mighty Blow
Ragnar (Champion): Step Aside
Ulrika (Youngblood): Step Aside
Rommel (Youngblood): Step Aside
Alderwolf (Warrior Hero): Nimble
Felix (Marksman Hero): Quickshot
Warrior (with two daggers): +1 WS

EXPLORATION

REIKLANDERS
Wyrdstone: 2
Random: none

MARIENBURGERS
Wyrdstone: 2 (+2 claimed during game)
Random: none

MIDDENHEIMERS
Wyrdstone: 4
Random: Fletcher with two shortbows

ADDITIONAL INFO
The Marienburgers end the game with two wyrdstone shards from the pool.

CURRENT STANDINGS

REIKLANDERS
New Rating: 122
Previous Rating: 116
Wins: 2

MARIENBURGERS
New Rating: 155
Previous Rating: 153
Wins: 3

MIDDENHEIMERS
New Rating: 119
Previous Rating: 93
Wins: 1
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 4:54

Hooray! I was worried you had given up. Glad to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 13:54

LOVELY photos & a FINE battle report...a GREAT way to start the day!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 10:14

I really enjoyed reading through your reports! Can't wait to read more! Smile
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 23:43

This is great entertainment! And although it gives me little pleasure in saying this, I'm amazed to see someone with the same knack for failing route tests and rolling Dead results!!! I know how you feel. I hope it offers you some comfort at least, knowing you are not the only player on the planet with this ability!

You're pulling it back now though. Ragnar is turning into the model used to represent him.

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Nov 2014 - 12:20

Von Kurst wrote:
Hooray!  I was worried you had given up.  Glad to be proved wrong.

Haha - definitely haven't given up (we're running these warbands into the ground)! Glad people are still interested in reading this Smile

DeafNala wrote:
LOVELY photos & a FINE battle report...a GREAT way to start the day!

Cheers for reading and the comments, always appreciated!

Vagabond wrote:
I really enjoyed reading through your reports! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! They're fun to play and write up so I'll continue posting them up here. We're already planning the second campaign (and which warband we'll all have to take).

The Yak wrote:
This is great entertainment! And although it gives me little pleasure in saying this, I'm amazed to see someone with the same knack for failing route tests and rolling Dead results!!! I know how you feel. I hope it offers you some comfort at least, knowing you are not the only player on the planet with this ability!

You're pulling it back now though. Ragnar is turning into the model used to represent him.

Good stuff!

Haha - I'm fairly notorious for always rolling bad. Even with the knowledge that I roll bad, the past few Post Game Sequences have been shockingly bad, even for me! I take comfort in that I'm the only person out there though. Smile

Honestly, the injuries and deaths is something that I can deal with, the biggest issue I'm having is keeping those Middenheimers fighting. As soon as I am at the point to take Break Tests they're failing... even if I'm in a strong position to take the win.
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Nov 2014 - 12:42

(part nine)

GAME SEVEN - MONSTER HUNT

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESEVEN-deployment_zps1ef8de6e

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESEVEN-01_zpse7eadb19

A random monster (in this instance an adolescent Chimera) lurks within a building located in the middle of the table.

Each player deploys within 6" of their table edge, no model may be deployed within 6" of an opponents model.

Once the monster has been killed a player is declared the winner if they control the centre building (there are no opponents within 6" of the centre building), alternatively until all other players fail a rout test.

THE BATTLE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESEVEN-02_zpsb928075d

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMESEVEN-03_zps3b432fb6

The mercenaries all gingerly advanced towards the building where the Chimera was rumoured to be lurking. An unsaid truce seemed to be in place until at least the beast was desposed of, then the battle for the Chimera's treasure would be decided between the survivors.
A lone Middenheimer ran into the building only to have the Chimera tear him to shreds. Seeing what the monster was capable of, everyone else took their time getting into position... not keen to make the first move.
Elsewhere the smoke slowly began to rescind revealing to the Middenheimers a tree bearing fruit (Random Encounter - Forbidden Fruit), despite the calls of their comrades three mercenaries from the Legion of the Wolf could not overcome their temptation to try the fruit, only to succumb to the poison... and with that the Middenheimers yet again fled the fight.
The Reiklanders engaged the monster inflicting a wound, while under the direction of the Marienburger leader his men climbed the building to the second level, providing them the opportunity to dive onto the monster and hit it in a more vulnerable location.
The Chimera managed to take down a Marienburger Youngblood that dived down, before a critical hit from another Marienburger brought the beast down. The beast seemed to have been all bark and little bite.
All that was left was for the Marienburger and Reiklanders to fight for the right to search the monster's lair...

Winner - Marienburgers

POST GAME SEQUENCE

CASUALTIES AND INJURIES

REIKLANDERS
Derek - Hand Injury -1 WS
Heinrick - Hardened

MARIENBURGERS
Fabian - Dead

MIDDENHEIMERS
None

ADVANCEMENTS

REIKLANDERS
Rolof - Arcane Lore skill
Argloss - Strongman
Tommy - +1 S

MARIENBURGERS
Fritz - +1 WS
Rutger - +1 WS
Rudolf - Hunter / Nimble
Jerome - Pistolier

MIDDENHEIMERS
Swordsmen - +1 BS
Rommel - Resilient
Alderwolf - Quickshot

EXPLORATION

REIKLANDERS
Wyrdstone: 3

MARIENBURGERS

MIDDENHEIMERS

ADDITIONAL INFO

The Marienburgers find amongst the Chimera's lair 22gc, 2 wyrdstone pieces, a suit of light armour, a helmet, and two swords.

The Reiklander Captain Rolof using his new skill in Arcane Lore reads the Tome of Magic from the previous mission (the Wizards Mansion) and learns the spell Silver Arrows of Arha.

CURRENT STANDINGS

REIKLANDERS
New Rating: 148
Previous Rating: 122
Wins: 2

MARIENBURGERS
New Rating: 162
Previous Rating: 155
Wins: 4

MIDDENHEIMERS
New Rating: 131
Previous Rating: 119
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Nov 2014 - 13:54

You put your newly repainted Chimera to good use. The Battle sounded exciting & looks WONDERFUL. VERY WELL DONE once more!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Nov 2014 - 16:51

Another great battle!

When you said that the hired swords available would only be considered if they are official, do you mean the original book or some that appeared in town cryer?

As a Bard would help you with your route tests allowing a re roll with a +1 leadership bonus. I always go in to battle with one who knows every Tina Turner number going. Especially "What's routing got to do with it", Yes we need another bloody Hero" & "Its a Simple rout test!"
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2014 - 0:07

I love Murderheim! I enjoy reading these reports. It looks like the last few battles have gone a long way to evening the score between the three groups.
Back to top Go down
Jones Babones
Youngblood
Youngblood
Jones Babones

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2015 - 21:12

great stuff sofar! can we hope to get to know the end of murderheim? Smile
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2015 - 5:21

(part ten)

Apologies for not posting this sooner, life has kind of got in the way. Regardless, here's the next battle!

GAME EIGHT - STREET BRAWL

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMEEIGHT-deployment_zpsf01368ae

Each player deploys within 6" of their table edge, no model may be deployed within 6" of an opponents model. Winner is the last player to fail a rout test.

THE BATTLE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMEEIGHT-01_zps11c85bd9

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMEEIGHT-02_zpsf9718093

The Reiklander Marksmen positioned themselves on top of the building to the far right and began raining crossbow bolts on their enemies below. The Marienburgers split their forces in half and advanced on both of their foes, while the Middenheimers exposed in their current location, ran for cover to avoid the Reiklander shooting.
The taint of Chaos could be felt in the area, and soon and even the slightest of injuries inflicted would result in a torrent of blood to spurt from the victim (Random Encounter - Torrent of Blood).
The Reiklander Captain Rolof now learned in the dark arts began casting the Silver Arrows of Arha at any one that stood in his path.
The Marienburger and Middenheimer forces engaged in a minor skirmish, while trying to remain out of line of sight from the Reiklander shooting. While elsewhere a lone Middenheimer with a blunderbuss tried to make his way towards the Reiklanders, only to be shot down from Reiklander crossbow fire.
Despite minimal loses on each side, both the Marienburgers and Middenheimers saw the wisdom in quitting the field leaving only the Reiklanders to claim the day.

Winner - Reiklanders

POST GAME SEQUENCE

CASUALTIES AND INJURIES

REIKLANDERS
None

MARIENBURGERS
None

MIDDENHEIMERS
Swordman (sword & hammer): Dead
Alderwolf - Horrible Scars, now causes Fear

ADVANCEMENTS

REIKLANDERS
Rolof - +1 LD
Heinrick - +1 I
Derek - Jump Up skill
Earl, Krum (Warriors) - +1 S

MARIENBURGERS
Heinrich - Lad's Got Talent (becomes Hero), then Strongman skill
Gunter - new skill

MIDDENHEIMERS
Wolfgang - new skill
Ragnar - +1 WS
Ulrika - Expert Swordman skill

EXPLORATION

REIKLANDERS
Wyrdstone: 3
Random: Shop with 3gc

MARIENBURGERS
Random: Tavern with 4gc

MIDDENHEIMERS
Random: Straggler

CURRENT STANDINGS:

REIKLANDERS
New Rating: 165
Previous Rating: 148
Wins: 3

MARIENBURGERS
New Rating: 174
Previous Rating: 162

MIDDENHEIMERS
New Rating: 145
Previous Rating: 131
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2015 - 7:13

Din! Back again!

Thanks for the new report. Hope to see more soon.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2015 - 14:29

WELL COME BACK! The new report AND THE LOVELY PHOTOS make for a Triumphal Return. GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 5:06

Murderheim is a cultural treasure and I love reading about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nordheim
Champion
Champion
Nordheim

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015 - 19:53

This is glorious, I especially like the layout of the reports.
I'm dreading that it's almost at its end though!
Plans for the future, three new warbands?

Great work, Keep em coming! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2015 - 2:17

Von Kurst wrote:
Din!  Back again!

Thanks for the new report.  Hope to see more soon.

Haha - yeah. Apologies for the disappearance there, I didn't realise how long it had been since I had visited!

DeafNala wrote:
WELL COME BACK! The new report AND THE LOVELY PHOTOS make for a Triumphal Return. GREAT STUFF!

Thanks! Good to be back Smile

Saluksic wrote:
Murderheim is a cultural treasure and I love reading about this stuff.

Greatest compliment ever!

Nordheim wrote:
This is glorious, I especially like the layout of the reports.
I'm dreading that it's almost at its end though!
Plans for the future, three new warbands?

Great work, Keep em coming!

Yeah, we're all keen to run through another Murderheim. We haven't reached a conclusion on what we will run with. There was talk about all taking Possessed warbands, or running with a theme like 'subhumans' (Orcs, Skaven, Beastmen, etc) / 'Chaos' (Possessed, Beastmen, Skaven, Carnival of Chaos, etc). I've got a feeling that it's really going to come down to what people feel like using and making it fit a theme.

Personally, I have an Orc warband sitting on my table waiting to be painted, and kit-bashing both a Possessed and Bretonnian warband. I'm really keen to use all three!
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2015 - 2:26

(part eleven)

GAME NINE - TREASURE HUNT

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMENINE-deployment_zpsb4898d98

Each player rolls a D3 to see how many wyrdstone pieces are placed on the table, and then take it in turns placing them. No piece may be placed within 10" of a table edge or 6" of another piece. Any Hero may pick up a piece and carry it with them at no cost, pieces may not be transferred to another model, but once the model is taken out of action all pieces they were carrying are dropped.

Each player deploys within 6" of their table edge, no model may be deployed within 6" of an opponents model. Winner is the last player to fail a rout test.

THE BATTLE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMENINE-01_zpsdcfbab58

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMENINE-02_zps7607cede

The warbands made their way into an area rich in wyrdstone. The Reiklanders and Marienburgers climbed to the upper levels of some of the ruins in hunt of the lucrative substance, only to engage each other in an attempt to thwart the other from searching.
To the north faces began to emerge from the walls of ruined building, screaming at the Marienburger position. While a few stood their ground, the majority made a slow retreat from the ghostly apparitions.
A few lone Middenheimers spotted the Reiklander Captain Rolof, who no longer hid the extent of his magical powers, and made an attempt to bring the heretic down. Unfortunately the men loyal to the Sorcerer shot from elevated positions taking the Legion of the Wolf down, while Rolof used his powers to finish the survivors. It was then as if in answer to Rolof's evil ways, five skeletons emerged from the ground and advanced on him. Rolof backed off slighlty from the undead and bought his time until the magic holding the skeletons together waned, leaving a pile of bones.

Winner - Reiklanders

POST GAME SEQUENCE

CASUALTIES AND INJURIES

REIKLANDERS
Rolf (Marksman) - Dead
Crom - Dead

MARIENBURGERS
Warrior (with spear) - Dead
Marksman (with crossbow) - Dead

MIDDENHEIMERS
Rommel - Captured by the Marienburgers!

ADVANCEMENTS

REIKLANDERS
Rolof (Sorcerer Captain Supreme) - +1 S
Heinrick - +1 W
Argloss - Strike to Injure skill
Solom (Marksman) - Lad's Got Talent (becomes a hero) and then +1 S
Marksmen Group - +1 WS

MARIENBURGERS
Rutger - +1 WS
Arjan - +1 A
Jerome - Scale Sheer Surfaces skill
Heinrich - +1 W
Swordsman - +1 A

MIDDENHEIMERS
Rommel - +1 W
Alderwolf - Trick Shooter skill
Marksman (with blunderbuss) - +1 WS
Warrior - +1 BS

EXPLORATION

REIKLANDERS
Additional: Market Hall with 4gc

MARIENBURGERS
Additional: Straggler

MIDDENHEIMERS

ADDITIONAL INFO
The Middenheimer Rommel is ransomed back by the Marienburgers at a cost of 35gc. Life is definitely cheap.

CURRENT STANDINGS:

REIKLANDERS
New Rating: 190
Previous Rating: 165

MARIENBURGERS
New Rating: 185
Previous Rating: 174

MIDDENHEIMERS
New Rating: 167
Previous Rating: 145
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2015 - 3:18

Once more a SPLENDID LOOKING game! GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2015 - 14:12

Gorgeous photos mate. Good thing Rommel was so cheap to ransom. Looking at your various warband ratings I am amazed by how low they are. Must be a hired sword restriction I have forgotten, I'm on my 7th game and already over 200 with Witch Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Nordheim
Champion
Champion
Nordheim

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2015 - 22:13

Perhaps you're abit more lucky with the injury-rolls VK? Laughing
There seems to be crazy much Murders In murderheim, haha!
Joke Aside, once again, a great Battlereport, excited over the finale. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2015 - 2:11

Quote :
Perhaps you're a bit more lucky with the injury-rolls VK?

I did forget that every warband lost its Captain in the first game, that will do it right there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigD
Veteran
Veteran
BigD

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2015 - 8:13

Every mini and terraon piece painted to a high standard. Good photography and an interesting idea to pit the mercenaries against each other. Everything to make a campaign log fun to follow, is here. Great work!

I guess the middenheimers newd to do a lot of killing to be able to win this race with one game remaining.
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2015 - 12:10

Von Kurst wrote:
Gorgeous photos mate.  Good thing Rommel was so cheap to ransom.  Looking at your various warband ratings I am amazed by how low they are.  Must be a hired sword restriction I have forgotten, I'm on my 7th game and already over 200 with Witch Hunters.

Thanks again for the kind words! I think a lot of having low ratings was due to a number of factors, two warbands losing their Captains in game one, everyone lacking the funds to acquire hired swords (and having them not add to warband rating for the final tally to determine the winner), and the insanity of our Out of Action rolls (I've lost enough models to build a few warbands out of them!).

BigD wrote:
Every mini and terraon piece painted to a high standard. Good photography and an interesting idea to pit the mercenaries against each other. Everything to make a campaign log fun to follow, is here. Great work!

I guess the middenheimers newd to do a lot of killing to be able to win this race with one game remaining.

Thanks!

The Middenheimer's aren't out it yet (I need positive thinking here and hopefully the dice will go my way!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Din
Champion
Champion
Din

PostSubject: Re: Murderheim   Murderheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2015 - 12:20

(part twelve)

So this was it, the final battle to decide the winner! Both the Reiklanders and Marienburgers were sitting on four wins each, so both were going into this trying to secure the win and take out that criteria of the campaign. My Middenheimers were not completely out of contention though, as should the other two warbands lose enough models, the Legion of the Wolf could come in with the sneaky win on the rating criteria.

Due to the last scenario having a set number of turns, and no retreating things were about to get brutal...

GAME TEN - AMBUSH!

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMETEN-deployment_zpsd2c2ff2d

One player is deploys his entire warband within 6" of the centre of the board. Each one of his heroes is carrying D3 wyrdstone pieces which are dropped once the model is taken out of action. Remaining players deploy within 6" of their table edge, no model may be deployed within 6" of an opponents model.

As this was the last game, it will last for ten turns. There will be no rout tests. The winner is the the the player with the most wyrdstone in their possession at the end of ten turns, or alternatively the last player standing.

Being the player with the highest warband rating, the Reiklanders were once again nominated to go in the middle.

THE BATTLE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMETEN-05_zpsbfb1c7ad

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMETEN-03_zpsf984e5e0
Yet again the Middenheimers do what they do best... die.

The Reiklander Sorcerer-Captain Rolof decided that the best defence was an offence and personally led his Old Guard mercenaries against the Middenheimers, hoping to remove the weakest threat first to then concentrate all his efforts on the Marienburgers.
The Middenheimers split their force in two. One force would advance on the left, while the other would meet Rolaf and his soldiers on the right. The Reiklander and Middenheimer forces showed little love lost as they began the desperate fight for not only victory, but survival. Once again things were not looking good for the Middenheimers, Rolaf and his mercenaries began cutting their way through the Middenheimer line. However, amongst the chaos a lone Middenheimer Marksman made his way into position and fired his blunderbuss into the Reiklanders... and managed to take down Rolof. Severely wounded the Sorcerer-Captain would play no further part in the battle.
To slow the Marienburger advance a few remaining Reiklanders positioned themselves on the second floor of the central ruin and began firing on their foe below. Then as if in answer to the Reiklander pleas for help, a lone deranged Sister of Sigmar Matriarch (Random Encounter - the Lost One) appeared, and ran straight at the Marienburgers. The crazed zealot managed to put up a fight, as it took several Marienburgers to surround the Matriarch and eventually put her down. The Marienburgers then pressed forward positioning as many mercenaries as possible against the central building, ready to start the ascent.
As the battle progressed not one warband appeared to hold an advantage. The battle erupted into a bloodbath with brutal skirmishes taking place all everywhere. Did anyone have a plan... or was this just a last ditch effort to utterly destroy their opponent.
At the end of it all the Marienburgers were left standing victorious.

Winner - Frasier's Felons (Marienburgers)

POST GAME SEQUENCE

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMETEN-outofaction_zps453ff261
the models taken of the Out of Action... ouch!

Murderheim - Page 2 GAMETEN-04_zps798b25a1
Tommy awakens to find himself being led into one Mordheim's fighting pits to do battle with the brutal Cyrus. Despite Tommy's knife fighting skills amongst the ruins of Mordheim, Cyrus makes short work of the Reiklander bashing his skull in... Tommy will never will never be the same again (Injury Roll - Madness - Stupidity).

CASUALTIES AND INJURIES

REIKLANDERS
Sodom: Dead
Derek: - 1 M
Heinrick: Horrible Scars (causes Fear)
Tommy: Sold to the Pits (Loses fight and now suffers from Stupidity)
Argloss: Dead
Rolof: Deep Wound (misses next game)

MARIENBURGERS
Swordman: Dead
Warrior: Dead
Gunter: Dead
Jerome: Dead

MIDDENHEIMERS
Warrior: Dead
Alderwolf: Dead
Rommel: Dead
Ulrika: Old Battle Wound
Ragnar: Multiple Injuries (Deep Wound - misses next two games)

ADVANCEMENTS

REIKLANDERS
Tommy: +1 W and Strike to Injure skill

MARIENBURGERS
Fritz (Henchman): +1 BS
Hubert: +1 LD
Rutger: +1 A
Youngblood: Expert Swordsman skill
Henri Van Persee: +1 W

MIDDENHEIMERS
Ragnar: Resilient skill
Ulrika: +1 WS